• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's your first dinner?

KateMW

DIS Veteran
Of course I'm rethinking our first meal in WDW now.

So, tell me what you do for your first dinner each trip? This is also our first trip, so I'm trying to make it memorable!pixiedust:

We have always done counter service at EPCOT and then watched Illuminations....have never had the desire to plan a TS meal on our first night. Normally we pick up kids meals at China for the kids, then my sister and I get either CS from China, fish and chips, or a platter from Morocco.

This year I am totally changing it up and doing an ADR for Tutto Italia - it's my first time there but have heard great things from my family....we are staying at BW so I picked it because it's an easy walk over.

We fly from the left coast, have a long day, and we are always starving when we get there. So we always do Boma for our first meal. We choose it because it's a) all you can eat and b) we believe it's the best food offered on a buffet at WDW.

We always start our trip at Epcot with a meal at Biergarten. It is a fun, festive atmosphere where the kids laugh, dance and have a great time. It has become our tradition and we all look forward to it before each trip.

pooh:
We usually do WPE in the DTD Marketplace. I don't want to worry about cancelling an ADR if our plane is late or we have a late lunch. I find it gives us more flexiblity the first day. If we are hungry we get pasta dishes(which come with a side salad:goodvibes:cheer2:) or the roasted chicken.
If we aren't really hungry we split a pizza and a salad.

Chef Mickey's. Nothing can get you in the spirit of Disney more than dining with the fab five themselves!

Always Crystal Palace because we love Pooh and friends. But, it will be closed for our next trip, so we've planned Chef Mickeys. I'm not expecting much for food, but hope to enjoy the atmosphere.

Of course I'm rethinking our first meal in WDW now.

So, tell me what you do for your first dinner each trip? This is also our first trip, so I'm trying to make it memorable!pixiedust:

Are you staying on property? It also depends when you plan to arrive.You & the DH may be ok with going to a Park getting dinner & then walking around. But your little one may not understand why you are not stopping for the rides. Going to DTD avoids that issue. The Rainforest cafe or T-Rex might be something that is memorable for your child. The food is decent at the RF (never been to T-rex)

Ditto on Chef Mickey's. We ate there first for our first trip and my girls were 5 & 3. The girls had the best time ever with the characters and the napkin twirling. We continued the tradition for about 4 more trips but now we need a break:rotfl:.

Oh, how I wished I lived close enough to take just one plane ... anyway we normally don't get to the hotel until at least 6 pm so we never plan anything for that night. We just go wherever we feel like going and find some CS when we get there.

This year we'll already be in Orlando though, hmm ...

I'm always afraid to plan a special dinner for the first night in case we have planes delays or other transportation issues. So, we always do a counter service meal onthe first night. I like to hit the Magic Kingdom first. Last trip we did dinner at the Pinnochio Village House and sat at a table that overlooked It's a Small World. My son absolutely loved waving to everybody in the boats.

We ALWAYS spend our first evening at DTD and go directly to Earl's Sandwhich! The good news is we'll be there on Jan 10th - Hip Hip Hooray!!

When we arrive on Jan 25th we eating at Chef Mickeys for supper. But we are not going to a park that day and we are staying at the Contemporary so I thought it would be convenient:)

We like to go to Epcot and eat at the countries first and stay for Illuminations. France is really good.

Our first dinner last June was at Cinderella's Royal Table. It was the only time CRT was available during our stay. Next time we go, our first dinner will be Jiko since we'll be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

We always start with Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. Not sure what the plane is going to do or if we are settled in our rooms. This always gives us an extra TS for a 2 table or a late lunch on the last day if our flight leaves later.

Another left coaster here. After a full day of traveling its too late for the parks. So its dinner at our resort. Last year Boatwrights, this year Boma. :woohoo:

However, at DL we always do Goofy's Kitchen our first night. Nothing sets you up for your Disney Vacation like a great character buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter