What's your favourite (free) thing to do at Castaway Cay?

michellekcm

DIS Veteran
When I read various threads about things people do at Castaway Cay, I think we totally missed just about everything when we were there. Looking at a map, I think we basically stayed on the very first little tiny beach that you come to, and walked up to Cookies, and that was it.

Now I see there's a whole big wide world to explore out there. So I was wondering, what do you like doing?

I love going to SB and putting a beach chair in the surf and just sitting there chilling, taking it all in.

Biking around the island is great first thing in the morning.

Pelican Plunge and lounging at any of the beaches. Serenity Bay is great, but nothing beats the view of the ship from the other beaches.

Snorkel, hang on beach, do the slides at pelican plunge and have lunch. We are usually on Bosrd by 2 and go to cove pool.

I second pulling a beach chair into the water. Our DGS loved the splash pad area, Spring A Leak, which was very near Cookies Too. We liked the second family beach because it was near to Cookies Too, a little bar called The Sandbar, Pelican Plunge and Spring A Leak.

So, it isn't FREE, but doing the stingray encounter where you feed and snorkel with them is the best thing we've ever done on any vacation. Seriously. It is worth every. single. penny.

Sitting on the beach relaxing, soaking in the sun with a drink in hand while people watching! :)

Playing miniature golf, ping-pong and basketball was a fun treat after the 5k, swimming and lunch.

We like to go to the hammocks and loungers for awhile an then the kids like to go to Pelican Plunge for a few times. We usually get back on the ship after some lunch at Cookies and then the kids and hubby like to see how many times they can ride the Aquaduck before it gets busy. The record is 9 or 10...not exactly sure.

Run (or walk) the 5K, snorkel using equipment you lugged from home, dine, walk the trails, watch the stingrays from the sideline, return to the ship early to ride the AquaDuck, etc.

Possibly a silly question, but is lunch there part of cruise (free) or do you pay?
Thanks from a first timer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter