Whats Your Favourite counter service?

mickeymousemad

Earning My Ears
Hey Guys
Ive been looking at reviews on the counter service restaurants and they dont seem that great :confused3

we normally prefer counter service when we have been in the past but as we have free counter service vouchers thought we might as well use them popcorn::

So was just wondering what everyones favourite counter service restaurant was ?

Melanie

None.

Also the fact that DLP has the slowest CS service in the world probably doesnt help either.

If we are talking CS outside of the Disney parks, then my vote goes to Mcdonalds.

None from me too!

On our first day (Saturday!), we wasted over an hour traipsing round the ones listed on the free vouchers only to find them all completely packed out, no tables free and silly queues - waited 15 mins at one without moving! :eek: :sad2: Never got to try the food in any of them! Sunday we booked Restaurant des Stars and Tuesday the Plaza Gardens. We did try CS again on Monday and ended up at Colonel Hathi's - it was about 2.45pm because we'd decided it was better to go for breakfast after EMH and run late with all our meals so we'd miss the rush and it worked because there was no queue, the food was OK but the restaurant was a bit of a dump!

We really like Colonel Hathis.

They do pasta and pizza. My 2 girls like the pasta from here. You can get it with a tomato based sauce or a bolognaise sauce. You can get adult pasta aswell. They are not fantastic pizzas, probably like supermarket frozen pizza. But not too bad :)

We like the Cowboy Cookout (but the vouchers aren't valid for a set menu there, although expect you could use them at face value) and Hakuna Makata, plus the fish and chips at Toad Hall. But I wouldn't set foot in any counter service queue between 12 and 2.

• Pizza Planet for atmostphere, Currently have meet and greet in there with Woody or Jessie, they also have a kids play centre in there. oviously the mainly sell Pizza, but they also do a stange pizza burger, a beef burger between 2 mini pizza's, definately worth a try.
  • Toad Hall for food (fish and chips)#

I agree with Britchic - go before 12noon, or after 2pm, for the least waiting around in the counter service restaurants.

Unfortunately, you can't use your free meals lunch vouchers (the counter-service ones) at face value for a counter-service meal (although you can use them at face value for table or buffet-service restaurants).

I like the Bella Notte in Fantasyland, Toad Hall also in Fantasyland, and the Backlot Express in the Studios (can't remember what its called now its been changed).

I would quite like to try the pizza burger in the Pizza Planet as well though :goodvibes.

we love pizza planet too, as its ideal if you've got small children, its the only place we got to have a meal in piece and quite like the themeing but guess it could be more, the food is ok

Toad Hall, Victoria's home style Restaurant & En Coulisse (inside Studio 1 in WDS)

For cheap simple food I don't mind en coulisse in studio one. I tried cowboy's cookout on my last trip and was surprised how nice it was also!

I like Fuente del Oro, Cowboy Cookout, Colonel Hathi's and Hakuna Matata. :goodvibes

Colonel Hathis (we are veggies) and cable car for the cakes and hot chocolate just after EMH and when we're leaving the park. We also like the Cowboy Cookout for the churros!

We are also big Cowboy Cookout fans. Really like the food here :thumbsup2 But it's not on the list of Counter Service lunch voucher places unfortunately :sad2:

Does The Gibson Girl count? :lmao:

In all seriousness, I like Casey's. I think the sausage meal (NOT the hotdog ones) is very good value as you get 2 whole hot dog sausages plus a load of chips so it's easily splitable and also a fairly good price as well :goodvibes

Does The Gibson Girl count? :lmao:

In all seriousness, I like Casey's. I think the sausage meal (NOT the hotdog ones) is very good value as you get 2 whole hot dog sausages plus a load of chips so it's easily splitable and also a fairly good price as well :goodvibes

Might have to try this, have only ever had the cheese dog there and I think it's HORRIBLE!

Have hardly ever eaten at the counter service restaurants, but had a perfectly acceptable hot dog at Casey's Corner a few years ago.
I'm quite looking forward to trying some of the restaurants mentioned with our free dining plan though, we usually would just have a snack in the day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter