What's your favorite time of year to go?

midnightlouise

steady rollin' woman
My favorite time of year to go is late May/early June because of Star Wars Weekends and 2nd is late October/early November. Those are the only times we've ever planned to go to WDW until this year, when we'll be going to see the holiday offerings! :santa:

When is your family's favorite time to go and why? :goodvibes

October!

Great weather, love the Halloween stuff (even though I don't do MNSSHP anymore), manageable crowds, and of course the Food and Wine Festival. :thumbsup2

October here too. The weather (hot enough to swim but not typical FL roasting) and the crowd levels are the best part of it, not to mention I usually get a really good deal. And F&WF!

Any time from September to May.

We like to try different times, Disney has something for different seasons, and we like to experience each season. We do avoid the summer season though.

It used to be Christmas and Flower & Garden. But there have been so many Christmas cutbacks that I didn't go last year and probably won't this year. Flower & Garden also has cutbacks and is just repeating itself.

Now, it doesn't really matter.

I'd just prefer not to go in July or August.

I liked this past March, crowds were not as busy as we thought they would be. Weather was perfect, not one day of rain (3/19-3/27). No humidity yet. Was there in late Sept 2009/early Oct and it was 95 degrees every day and the humidity was horrible. Yes, the crowds were lighter then!!!

We go at all different times and I'm fine as long as it's not really hot. May is probably my favorite.

Probably October. I also like May but sometimes it is too hot. June, July, and August are definitely too hot for me. January is too cold. I like to wear shorts when I'm in Florida. I don't like the really crowded holidays or spring break.

Geesh reading that it sounds like I am hard to please. Lol!

The next trip I book will be for late January or early February. It gets me out of the cold and snow for a while and into low crowd levels. The rehab closings don't bother me and I never use the pools.
When DD was in school we would always go the last week of August and even though it was hot, we felt like we had the place to ourselves. That was before free dining.
I used to like October, but with F&W, EPCOT gets especially crowded, and the vibe changes a bit.
Early May can be nice too, after Easter and spring break but before the schools get out.
All that said, a bad day at WDW beats a good day anywhere else as far as I am concerned, so I will go ANY time of year.

i love the last weekend of food and wine / first week of christmas!!

i LOVE the christmas decorations!! especially the osborne lights!!

All The. All the time, have had some great trips, big goal is to have gone in every month.

Love the Hoopla around the 4th of July. Went on our honeymoon in 75, so still has a special place. Love May/June garden show, late August after most of the crowds have gone back to school, September is fun love the fall decor. December we love for the Christmas, but this last year nearly froze, Jan is great for crowds.

Have never been for food festival would love to try that. Think March would be fun, but can't usually get away then.

There is no other time like October/November! The weather, MNSSHP, F&WF, DD and DS birthdays... it's the googlefecta of perfect vacationing.

We have been several times in May/June and it was just too hot. We visited in Sept as well and it was hot. We went in Dec 2010 and froze during the nights. We thought then that we would try March or April but figured crowds would be too big. We decided on Dec this year again because we could not give up the Christmas season at WDW. Even though we were frozen every night when we returned back to our room we had the most awesome time.

If it was not for the kids school we would go in May. I just love the flower and garden festival.

Denise in MI

I'm torn. We've been in late September/Early October and loved it from a crowd perspective, but I didn't love the extreme heat and humidity. Mid-November was absolutely perfect, weather-wise, but a little more crowded.

I think I'd give the edge to November, because it was so pleasant to be outside.

Going in May this year, for the first time. I'm a little afraid it'll be the worst of both worlds -- higher crowds than we're used to, with September-like heat. But it'll be better than either (a) taking a 6-week old to the parks (which we'd have to do in October) or (b) not going at all.

We have been twice the first week of Feb and loved the low crowd levels. No sweating, yet still much warmer than here in the NE! Travel can be dicey though (for us sooo worth it!) We also went the last week of April, which was not unbearable, but still warm enough that we definitely had to take a mid day break (not required in Feb!) The winter was also cheaper...and combined with the free DDP, you can't beat it. This year we are going at the end of October for the F&W Festival and very much looking forward to only one ADR, experiencing the festival, swimming everyday, and MNSSHP!
So, I guess, different times of the year offer unique experiences. We plan on checking out all of them except July and August. Have a wonderful trip whatever you decide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter