What's your favorite things to do in DTD?

Disney Quest - the kids were talking about it just last weekend...the FUN they had!

The Lego store was also very interesting...and we were able to find our "Visit Matching Shirts" while there as well.

:banana:

I personally love Cirque du Soleil, but I'm not sure how it would go over with small kids.

As for food, there are very good sandwiches at the Earl of Sandwich and the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain is also very good.

I just read something about fountains for kids to play in? Where would those be?

Here was our family's favorites at DTD.....my kids are 8 & 10.

Lego store.....we didn't even purchase anything, but the kids had fun looking around and making things with all the legos they have out to play with.

Goofy's Candy Co......our all-time favorite.....yummy create your own snacks here...we always get the dipped pretzel rods covered with all sorts of goodies.

Earl of Sandwich......has reasonably priced delicious food.

Once Upon a Toy.....is a kids dream store....we have a fun time picking out more pieces for our Mr. Potato heads. Also, my son built a light saber there. Lots of cool items for all ages....including adults!

T-Rex Cafe.....we did not eat there...but they also have a section in their store to "build your own Dino"...kind of like build-a-bear....but it is dinosaurs.....both my kids enjoyed that!

Disney Quest.....we did go here one time out of our 2 trips there....it was fun but definitely NOISY.....all the arcade games are close together and all of their volumes are on high......i had a headache not long into our visit.....needless to say, we still had fun!

Capt'N Jacks Restaurant....if you want sit down...this is the only one we have tried...BUT we would definitely go back.....had some wonderful pasta there.

Well...these are what my family liked best at DTD. I hope you have a fantastic time.

I forgot to mention that the fountains were right after the Marketplace entrance. And, once evening they had a dance party going on (by Earl of sandwich).....my daughter was all over that. Have fun!

my dd most favorite thing to do at DTD is going into the World of Disney Store and thinking she can have anything that she wants...but really we love BBB!

Well, we always go to DTD at night. Days are spent in the parks and that's just how it is. Never been to DTD in the day. Anyway, our normal DTD schedule goes like this:
Usually have dinner at either House of Blues, T-Rex, or Raglan Road.
Then, I used to go to Virgin Megastore and buy an Audrey Hepburn DVD because it was a tradition of mine, but now that Virgin closed... :sad1:
Then it's to the Marketplace side where the World of Disney is a must-do, and I have to go to Ghiradelli to get one of their brownies because they are the best brownies in the entire world. Usually we go to Basin and do something like fill a tube with bath salts or do something interactive. Maybe a few more stores and then back to the resort we go!

Thanks Jayda!! My kids are in the same age bracket and I just printed up your list!

I love to go to The Art of Disney at the far end of the Marketplace, where I gaze longingly at all the beautiful/really cool stuff I can't afford. Once a year or so, I actually buy something like an attraction poster reproduction.

SSB

Now that our kids are a little older, they love DTD...
There's the new Characters in Flight balloon there now too, to ride or just to see seems like it will be fun.

Along with what others have mentioned, we love the pin trading pavillion they have there, a lot of pins to choose from.

Our other favorite store is Magnetron in the West Side, a whole store with nothing but magnets.

Rainforest, T-Rex and Lego are fun to walk through.
We love to shop, shop, shop at the World of Disney!

Our other favorite thing is to just enjoy and people watch, watching people have fun!

Our family tradition is to go eat at there at one of the many restaurants, and then we go to the Christmas shop and each person picks out one ornament for our Christmas tree. After that we just explore, play, and always visit the Goofy Candy Company. :santa:

For a 3 and 5 year old the Toy store and Lego store will probably be the biggest hits. (Ice cream shop is a given.) Disney Quest is alot of fun but is for older and taller kids. My DD was too short to ride many of the attractions so it was kind of a waste. Look for Stitch above World of Disney he likes to spit alot. Have a great trip.:cool1:

Another vote for Earl of Sandwich...
We also cannot miss the Christmas store!
Last, we enjoy going down to the tables overlooking the river by Cap'n Jacks and sipping a beverage for a few minutes to relax...it's pretty and peaceful.:yay:

I like to order an ice cream from Ghirardelli and sit at the tables along the water edge to eat it while watching the dance party on the DTD stage. It is always fun to see people cutting loose and having a good time.

To be honest, we don't LOVE DTD....

We'll walk around the shops, peek in and out at things... but we don't really enjoy going there. We just use it as a break from the parks or go when we know the parks will be really busy.

Earl of Sandwich was a good, cheap meal though!!! (though it always seems PACKED!)

My son loves the lego...he just plays and my husband watches him while I get to shop around. Then Ghirardeli for ice cream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter