What's your favorite resort at Christmas?

MWGreene

Mouseketeer
Which resort screams Christmas???? We are going Dec 18-22 and I'm thinking of upgrading to AP's to get the fall rates! SO which resort is the best for Christmas theming?

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago and I was told the GF and the Wilderness lodge. If you you use the search function you can find some pictures of the resorts at christmas time. Good luck.

We stayed at GF Sugarloaf CL week before Christmas 2009 and BWV week before Christmas 2010. We kept commenting that until we walked into the lobby, we forgot it was Christmas time. The parks were all decorated but we don't think either resort did much outside of the lobby areas.

Great question! Anyone stay at the Pop Resort at Christmas time? How's that look?

Thanks!:cool1::banana::hug:

It has to be the Grand Floridian. Christmas theming just fits the resort to a t. Add into that the gingerbread house and massive tree and it couldn't be more festive and beautiful.

On my solo trip down last December I visited every single WDW resort and took a picture in front of every single resort Christmas tree, so I am fortunate enough to have seen them all.

To answer a previous posters question, I have been to Pop during Christmas. I have to say that the holiday decor is done nicely. It isn't too much or too little, it is pretty much right on. They have a tree in between the lobby and Everything Pop and wreaths scattered around other areas. The resort music being played in the lobby was Chirstmas music but the music played outside and around the resort was non-holiday music geared to the decade it was in.

The worst decorations by far were at the All Star Resorts. Little to no decorations and quite boring. I wasn't surprised at all.

J

As a PP indicated, there was a thread a couple of days ago about the resort decorations at Christmas:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2709591

There are some pictures in that thread and also a link to a bunch of Deluxe resort photos that I posted last December (post #8).

For the Deluxes, as others have said, the WL has the best theming. The tree was amazing and the "rustic" tones of the other decorations really fit with the hotel. In terms of edible displays, I really liked the chocolate displays of the Beach Club and Boardwalk.

The Pop resort had a couple of trees (one large one in the main lobby, one smaller one in a side lobby, and one by the bell services area), wreathes on the walls in the lobby, and Christmas music in the background. It was much better than at the All Stars, but wasn't that impressive when compared with the Deluxe resorts decorations.

This is what the main tree looked like at Pop:
DSC_0097_1.jpg

Over at All Stars Movies, this was the main tree:
DSC_0651_1.jpg

And this was the lobby:
DSC_0653_1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter