What's your favorite recipe to use in ramekins?

sandbar

<font color=purple>Every day is an adventure to pu
I just bought some ramekins for the first time and I thought you ladies might be able to help me out with your favorite recipes or ideas to use them. Any help is appreciated!

You can use them to make individual sizes of just about anything! My favorite, and why I bought them, is to make individual size pot pies. I also use them for apple crisps, mac n cheese, soups, custards and just about anything I want small sized.

Have fun playing around with them!

The Pioneer Woman's Molten Chocolate Cake recipe is to die for! I make it in Ramekins. I serve it with good vanilla ice cream instead of the whipping cream, but either way is yummy.
I couldn't post the link, so here's the recipe, hope that's ok:

Molten Chocolate Cake

Added by brandielle on July 28, 2009 in Desserts, Special Occasion
Prep Time 15 Minutes
Cook Time 13 Minutes Servings 4 Difficulty Easy
Ingredients

* 4 pieces (squares) Semi-sweet Baking Chocolate
* ½ cups Butter
* 1 cup Powdered Sugar
* 2 whole Eggs
* 2 whole Egg Yolks
* 6 Tablespoons Flour
* 2 cups Real Whipping Cream (seriously It's So Much Better!!!)
* 2 Tablespoons Sugar

Preparation Instructions

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Spray 4 custard cups with Pam and place on cookie sheet.

Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl on high for about 1 minute, until butter is melted. whisk until chocolate is also melted.

Stir in sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs and egg yolks. Stir in flour.

Divide between cups.

Bake 13-14 minutes until sides are firm and center is soft. Let stand 1 minute.

Combine sugar and heavy cream and whip until stiff.

Invert cakes on dishes and top with whipped cream.

Yum! Thanks you guys! The apple crisp idea sounds great and I copied the molten chocolate cake recipe and will definitely make it. This WILL be fun playing around with these!

Chicago Style Pizza Pot Pies That's a link to the first time I made them and I used a homemade crust that I got a bit thin. I just wrote a blog post that will go live tomorrow morning that's an update to the pizza pot pies. I used frozen bread dough for the crust and made homemade sauce. They were even better that way.

I need to try PW's molten chocolate cake. That sounds good.

And bread puddings.

And french onion soups.
(or any soup.. like Boma's Ginger Carrot soup... you can jazz up presentation by adding a line or swirl of sour cream (I do 1/2 fat free sour cream + 1/2 fat free yogurt.. nobody notices!)

----From the first big Canadian Living cookbook, there's a great recipe for Tomato Soup en Croute:
. . . . you make the tomato soup, and several hours before serving, roll out puff pastry, cut a circle about 1-2 cms bigger (less than 1 inch) than the ramekin. Fill the ramekins 3/4 w/ the soup, cover with the puff pastry, brush it w/ beaten egg or milk. Sit it in the fridge a bit, then pop it in the oven.
. . . .Tons of WOW! appeal, and actually not difficult to do.
. . . . I like to serve it especially for lunch on a cold winter or fall day, along with a sandwich made from a bun, and a green salad.

Or, serve up warmed roast beef on panini or crusty french bread, with jus* in the ramekin on the side for dipping! French fries and dollop of horseradish (I mix it w/ mustard and thick yogourt/mayo to tone it down for the uninitiated) would complete the picture!
*if you've cooked the beef yourself, this is the pan juices. If you bought beef slices, also pick up some low sodium beef broth (most are too salty, changes the overall meal) to use.

I am so making myself hungry! It's 5pm here, I've been intending to make the Boma ginger carrot soup all day, but there's no get up and go today!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter