What's your favorite "quiet time" thing to do at Disney??

tommygunn

Maniacal Disney Addict!!!!!
My favorite is waking up super early on the first day (because I'm too excited to sleep!). I usually take a walk around the beautiful grounds of the resort (usually the POR ) after grabbing a coffee and watch the sun rise. Then I'll go back to the room and wake up the family. Its kind of tradition for me on the first day. This time I'm staying at the poly so I'm looking forward to continuing the tradition there.

Well DH and I have "quiet time" by just sitting and people watching on a bench in MK. That's our all-time favorite! We also are known to take the boat from POR/POFQ and ride down to DTD, get off take a quiet stroll and get back on for a ride back.
A really good idea is taking the buses to the resorts during the day and walking around. Gives you a break from the parks plus you get to visit resorts for a future stay. Since everyone is at the parks, you can catch a nap by the fireplace at WL or enjoy a hammock by the Poly or CSR.

We have a couple of relaxing traditions on our Disney trips. One is to have dinner at Jiko on the day of our arrival and then go to Victoria Falls lounge and get a few drinks while we watch the scene in the AKL lobby. The sights, sounds and smells are wonderful. We do this no matter which resort we are staying in on our trip.

The other is to take a break on the deck of Aunt's Poly's Dockside Inn on Tom Sawyer Island in MK. We go there in the afternoon when the park gets too crowded. We sit on the rocking chairs while watching life going by in Frontierland and Liberty Square. The sounds of the train and the riverboat are so relaxing. Sometimes the ice cream and snack counter there is not even open and we still enjoy ourselves. It just doesn't get any better.

One of our very favorite quiet things to do is mentioned above. All along the 7 Seas Lagoon, particularly at the Poly are these lovely hammocks. When I was younger I would go down to the beach just before the Fireworks at MK, can't remember what they were before WISHES!, and lay in the hammock and watch the fireworks and feel the breeze blow in.

It truly was a wonderful experience! SOOOOOO Realxing!

One of my favorite quiet times this past trip was during our 4th day and we were at MGM. Needless to say our feet were tired! We got a Blue Raspberry icee and cola icee and sat down on a bench in front of the water with the huge Dinosaur icecream stand. We got to sit and just watch everything that was going on. Please everyone remember to take plenty of breaks and quiet times during your trip! (your feet will thank you lol)

Another one to do is on Main Street. Find out when the Dapper Dan's will be by the Ice Cream Parlor. We just happenned by at the right moment and caught the full show! Sat there ate our ice cream and listened to a delightful Barbershop Quartet in the shade.

Riding the monorail, I cant get enough monorail and the voice. Its so nice to just ride.

Also, just sitting on a bench on the resort grounds or nice lobby is great too.

We always stay at Fort Wilderness and our favorite thing in the morning to do is to jump on our golf cart and cruise the campground. There is just something about the mornings at Disney that are wonderful.

Well DH and I have "quiet time" by just sitting and people watching on a bench in MK. That's our all-time favorite! We also are known to take the boat from POR/POFQ and ride down to DTD, get off take a quiet stroll and get back on for a ride back.
A really good idea is taking the buses to the resorts during the day and walking around. Gives you a break from the parks plus you get to visit resorts for a future stay. Since everyone is at the parks, you can catch a nap by the fireplace at WL or enjoy a hammock by the Poly or CSR.

Except for the POR/POFQ - DTD portion those other two activities along with people watching while trying to stay awake in the rocking chairs on the porch outside CT are also two of our favorites. Since most of our trips are over Xmas anymore visiting the resorts is a very high priority on our list. I like the comfy sofas in the GF grand foyer to veg out on for a few minutes while the DW window shops.

Larry

The other is to take a break on the deck of Aunt's Poly's Dockside Inn on Tom Sawyer Island in MK. We go there in the afternoon when the park gets too crowded. We sit on the rocking chairs while watching life going by in Frontierland and Liberty Square. The sounds of the train and the riverboat are so relaxing. Sometimes the ice cream and snack counter there is not even open and we still enjoy ourselves. It just doesn't get any better.

Oh I totally forgot about this! Since DH and I go in Sept/October usually, Aunt Polly's is closed. This means quiet afternoons on the dock in those rocking chairs. DH and I took a nap here once and woke up never realizing we had fallen asleep! Typically we visit this location during our last days, when we begin to get tired of the crowds and want to get away...yet still be in the middle of it. Does that make sense? LOL

Lazy River it just gets no better then that for a mid-day break . DD pulls me around for hours some times.

in the MK, we'll ride the people mover, sit in the rockers by the liberty tree tavern and people watch, or relax on the benches behind toontown (where you can watch the train go by in the back)

in epcot, it's off to japan, to sit by the little pond and watch the koi fish

mgm is harder - those umbrellas with the benches overlooking the lake near the 50s prime time

ak is the best - just about anywhere in the shade, off the path

This is a great thread!!
I like getting to get up early grab some coffee and stare at the castle.

Relaxing in a hammock on the little beach at the Poly resort... Sitting down at a table on Main St. drinking coffee right when the park opens...relaxing in the lobby of the Grand Floridian...:goodvibes

Sunrise. I'm a bit of a photo hobbiest and early am light provides interesting photo ops. Every resort I have stayed at is serine at sunrise. With the exception of joggers... whats up that anyways, its vacation... seems everyone about at that early hour is friendly and personable. I really enjoy being out and about at sunrise. My wife of course, has a vastly different opinion.

Definitely getting up early and walking around the resort before everyone else gets up. It's a great time for quiet and taking pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter