What's your favorite not-so-popular attraction?

Tink n Poohbear

Mouseketeer
Okay, I'll admit it...I used to be a Disney commando. Before we had kids (and our first trip with kids) I had the mid-set that we might not get to come back for awhile so we must do absolutely every major attraction possible.

Now that we go with our little ones, we can't keep the same pace and I've begun to notice wonderul details and different attractions that I usually wouldn't have. For example, my son loves the TTA which is great because there's never a line.

So, it got me thinking...what else have I been missing??? What are some of your favorite things to do that aren't the most popular, mobbed attractions?

I agree Carousel of Progress. My kids absolutely love this too. They often go around singing the song too. The other day my 4 year old daughter told my mother that "There is a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day." My mom was so amazed, she was like that is so beautiful did she learn that at school? I told her she learned it at Disney World. My mom just shook her head. She doesn't appreciate Disney like we do. :rolleyes:

One Man's Dream at MGM. My 11 year old LOVES this. He could spend an hour looking at all the disney stuff. One time I literally drug him out after an hour because I was ready to move on. I really do enjoy the movie about Walt Disney's life and like to reflect on his humnble beginnings and sheer perserverance.

I agree--the COP and the Wedway (just can't seem to call it the TTA :) )

I also love Living With The Land, which can get busy on occasion--but I still enjoy the attraction.

I also favor taking some time out to sit on the rocking chairs at different locations in MK to people watch and catch a breather (on Tom Sawyer's Island, for example).

TTA and Carousel of Progress come to mind...
Ditto, and double ditto
Mimeo.

Citizens of Tomorrowland it's a great big beautiful tomorrow.

Sounds Dangerous at MGM. Please don't change it. j/k :thumbsup2
Great spot in the summertime heat to take a powernap. Just don't put the headphones on. pirate:

I love astro-orbiter. I don't think this one is usually a "must do" for most people. I was on it once during the fireworks and it was an amazing view!

The ride in Mexico
Living with the Land
WEDway People Mover
Carousel of Progress
Universe of Energy (i think thats what its called) with Ellen

I dont know if you can call a "Fastpass" ride a "not-so-popular" attraction....

But I think that Dinosaur at AK is one of the least talked about thrill rides at Disney...especially with EE opening..people focus on EE, Kali and the Safaris...its rare that I see many people talking about Dinosaur.

There is something about the TTA. I remember liking it as a kid....and my son said it was one of his favorites too.

One of my favorites is the Electric Water Pageant that comes by the monorail resorts, Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge at night. It has catchy music and a lively and patriotic theme and it's just a magical end to the night for me. I love that little parade. We like to go out to the end of the dock behind the Contemporay Resort to watch it, or the marina at Wilderness Lodge if we happen to be there for a late dinner. You can also see it from the boat dock in front of the Magic Kingdom. Your kids may be too young to stay up that late, but if they happen to have a nap during the day and you plan on staying out until the MK closes, be sure and catch this little gem. Parade time is listed in the daily schedule available at the parks.

Bev

I love CoP and TTA, but one attraction we hadn't done until our last vacation was the Hall of Presidents. The animatronic presidents are truly spectacular, the way that they move and interact with each other (for example, when one president is talking or being introduced, all the other presidents look at him, they tap their hands or nod their heads as if they agree with what he's saying, George Washington carefully arranges his clothes after he sits back down, etc.). I'd like to just watch the animatronics over and over again, there's so much detail I know we missed!

There was a little girl in front of us (I'd guess she was about 8), so cute, looked at her mom and said, "Mommy, those are REAL MEN up there!"

We only went on it because it was mentioned in the Keys to the Kingdom tour, that all the costumes are made just the way they would have been at the time the president was alive...so if buttons were hand sewn then, they're hand sewn now, and things like that. Little things no one would really ever see!

I like Maelstrom, because the Scandanavian culture has always intrigued me. Tales of Vikings and trolls and all that.

I also love the Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth, TTA; stuff like that. And I only went to Walt Disney: One Man's Dream once, but I HAVE to see it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter