What's your favorite Epcot country?

WOW. SO many times I've been to WDW and never have I eaten at EVERY country. I've never seen ANY of the shows, and I never stop to see any of the bands/players y'all are talking about. How much I've missed! (It's not my fault, though. My Dad's just a rushrushrush kinda guy :rolleyes:) I'm definitely going to give an entire day to Epcot on my next trip. :woohoo:

By the way, I HIGHLY suggest everyone try the School Bread from Norway, if you haven't already. Better than any dessert, EVER. :worship:

WOW this is hard, since I could spend an entire 7 day WDW vacation at the World Showcase (no joke).

Mexico- the atmosphere, and the food is spectacular!

Norway- probably one of the most interesting cultures to learn about with the coolest buildings. The desserts are great, and I love the table service restaurant. Plus, Maelstrom is an amazing ride!!

China- the 360 show is the best in the World Showcase- it makes me want to go to China and visit all the different places! And I can spend hours in those stores.

Japan- the shops, the food, and Pick a Pearl!

Morocco- the best Quick Service restaurant in the WS (although I do love England's fish and chips as well). The male CMs are cute, and the shops are really fun!

Canada- two words: Off Kilter!!!

Wow I chose way too many! All the countries are themed so well. If I had to narrow it down to only one... I would probably choose Norway!

Who am I kidding, the World Showcase is the best part of WDW. I even love the International Gateway, where we enter the park from the Swan!! :thumbsup2

Norway! Love the ride, the bakery, and the theming of the entire area. Also loved the princess meal at Akerhus.

Also, the inside of the Mexico pavilion is amazing. I love the volcano and the instant feeling you are in another place.

Love the food in Japan, and the gardens are beautiful. Also the shows there are great - the drummers and the woman who makes the candy are our favorites.

OP, you can see from the many responses with multiple answers that asking us which country is our favorite is like asking which child is our favorite.

it can't be done!! WE LOVE THEM ALL!!! :love:

MEXICO!

I love the atmosphere in the marketplace.
Also, the margaritas!
And the ride!

France-Love buying perfume there. I always save money to bring home a bottle. England- love their shops, can always find something to bring home to family. Germany- the new Caramel shop is wonderful!!

Without a doubt Canada is our favorite (no we are not Canadians) and Norway is next (I love the ride and the QS lunch place, Norway at Christmas) followed closely by Mexico (again the ride, food and whole theme).

Japan (I was an exchange student there so I'm drawn back)

Fabulous counter service - highly recommend the curry (much more authentic than the sit down restaurant)

Great store

Love the drummers and the candy lady!

Kids like to watch the koi.

China Pavilion - I love the buildings and the beautiful sculptured garden with the waterlilies.

Hard to decide between just one. I asked my family this question and this is the concensus....

1) DD7 loves Norway because of Akershush (Our family's favorite breakfast character meal) and because of Malestrom
2) DD9 loves U.K. because she loves the shops (gets that from me :goodvibes) and because Pooh and Tigger are there as well (also gets that from me :yay:)
3) DH loves Germany because he loves the beer and the architecture there
4) My personal favorite is France because I love Chefs De France, Grand Marinier slushy, Beauty and Beast are there (my all time favorite movie plus Belle is my favorite princess), the French bakery, and the architecture and shops are gorgeous.

Tough call...It's between Canada (architecture, Le Cellier) and Norway (Maelstrom, bakery, Akershus).

Although we also really like Mexico, Japan and France.

it used to be Morocco but now that I've been to Italy (just got home 10 days ago!) I know it will be Italy for the wonderful memories it invokes, the mask maker in the shop and the Italian chocolates!! I'm sure i will see it all differently and sigh wistfully for Venice when I gaze upon the Doge's Palace once again.

I have a couple..

Mexico I love how it looks like night in a little mexican village..Plus I love mexican food.lol oh and the ride!

China-I think this pavillion is breath taking, I love shopping in here and I love the building where they have the movie, so pretty..

Japan-I love shopping in there as well

France-Ive always liked the kitchen shop and the shop all the way in the back, I love the old posters you can buy..Oh and who can forget the bakery..

Norway-Love the ride and the bakery..I buy the Laila perfume each trip, it smells heavenly and I always get alot of compliments and ppl want to know where I get it..

Germany- love the clocks and now I bet Ill love the caramel shop when I get there!

So I guess the only ones I dont really care for is Italy, Morroco, Great Britan and Canada..lol

I refuse to answer for the same reason I will not pick one of my children as the favorite. They are all special to me, in their own unique way. My love for the Showcase is not divided by the countries, but multiplied by the experiences.

I guess I am polygamist at heart, I cannot love just one!:rotfl2:

I've really enjoyed reading about everyone's memories. Aaahhh....

First, let me admit that I have been known to lie and say that Epcot is my favorite place in the whole world. The truth is that the WORLD SHOWCASE is my favorite place in the whole world! It whets my appetite for genuine world travel, and makes exotic lands seem so reachable.

That said, I really can't decide! I do love Germany since it reminds me of our Bavarian honeymoon. I adore getting "lost" in Morocco. I love the Japanese musical group - probably because we ALWAYS seem to hear them every trip! I love sitting on the edge of the fountain in France - exhausted - eating a revitalizing pastry. But really, I just love them all! I have special magical memories of each pavilion.

Dh prefers Canada for the Unibroue at Le Cellier, and UK and Germany for beers there too (he's a homebrewer). He doesn't actually have a favorite pavilion though.

DD6 loves Akershus for the princesses... and therefore loves all the countries that have a resident princess.

Hmmm, I guess we'll have to visit a few more times so we can narrow it down!

I have always loved the Japanese pavilion and Mitsukoshi. Last time I was there I found all sorts of Studio Ghibli stuff.

I've really enjoyed reading about everyone's memories. Aaahhh....

First, let me admit that I have been known to lie and say that Epcot is my favorite place in the whole world. The truth is that the WORLD SHOWCASE is my favorite place in the whole world! It whets my appetite for genuine world travel, and makes exotic lands seem so reachable.

That said, I really can't decide! I do love Germany since it reminds me of our Bavarian honeymoon. I adore getting "lost" in Morocco. I love the Japanese musical group - probably because we ALWAYS seem to hear them every trip! I love sitting on the edge of the fountain in France - exhausted - eating a revitalizing pastry. But really, I just love them all! I have special magical memories of each pavilion.

Dh prefers Canada for the Unibroue at Le Cellier, and UK and Germany for beers there too (he's a homebrewer). He doesn't actually have a favorite pavilion though.

DD6 loves Akershus for the princesses... and therefore loves all the countries that have a resident princess.

Hmmm, I guess we'll have to visit a few more times so we can narrow it down!

You just summed up what I could not put my finger on for years. World Showcase has been my favorite place at WDW. It whets my appetite for world travel and puts me "mentally" into another country/world. Maybe it's cuz we're both from the Capital region.

UK- I remember watching the Beatles tribute band there in 2004 and we just stood there and listened for awhile. One of the few times we stopped and just relaxed on that trip.

I adore World Showcase...all of it!!

But...Mexico for Margaritas

Italy for Italian Margaritas :rotfl2:

Hubbie would say Norway & Germany beer!

Seriously.....the question should be what country is the least favorite? My answer is I really enjoy them all!

I would, however, like to see it expand with a few more new countries. Now that would be fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter