What's your favorite CS for each park and why?

moopdog

Dreaming of Disney....
We are not looking for gourment food in the parks, but I want something that we tastes better than McDonalds or Pizza Hut (we eat enough of that at home). A plus would be if the portions are large enough for my kids to split a CS. But that is only a "want" and not a "must".

Thanks in advance...and Yes, I realize I will get lots of different opinions. I will see what ones pop up the most & go with that. :cool1:

Our Favorites but may not fit what you are asking for because I just can't help myself. ;)

MK - It is hard to pick a favorite here and we have not tried BOG yet.

Casey's
Pecos Bills
Cosmic Ray's
Columbia Harbour House

Epcot - Once again hard to pick a favorite.

Yorkshire Fish Shop
Cantina in Mexico
Tangerine Cafe

HS - All the QS places here serve almost the same thing to me. There are exceptions. We really enjoy the seating and refill station at Backlot Express.

AK - We really like Flame Tree here. We are going to try Restaurantsaurus during our next trip and I would like to try Yak & Yeti QS location.

Check out the menus at allears.net - there are so many places to eat.

:goodvibes

Animal Kingdom-Flame Tree BBQ (not just BBQ)
HS-none! I know, I know but we just don't like any of the CS there...We always go back to the hotel and go with that
MK-Cosmic Ray's (haven't eaten at BOG yet)
Epcot-Sunshine Seasons **we typically eat only TS at World Showcase so can't speak to CS there, I'm sure it's good**

MK - Columbia Harbor House - but we are going to try the waffle sandwich at Sleepy Hollow in February

EPCOT - Cantina

AK - Yak & Yeti Counter service

DS - Starring Rolls Cafe for the lunch choices

MK - Columbia Harbor House
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons or QS in Morocco
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
DHS - Backlot

MK - Columbia Harbor House
EP - Sunshine Seasons or Tangierine Cafe in Morocco
DHS - Never had anything good, but might try Backlot
AK - We've only tried Flame Tree and we thought it was ok.

At Hollywood Studios, my favorite is Min and Bill's Dockside Diner. I get the frank in a pretzel roll with mustard. The mustard and the frank are completely surrounded by the pretzel roll so it is not messy at all. I cut it in half and shared it with my 2 year old in December. My husband got the sausage with peppers and onions in a roll and really liked it, as well. Both came with kettle cooked chips. If I'm really looking for a treat, I will get a frozen lemonade with it.

At Epcot, my favorite is Tangerine Cafe in the Morocco pavilion. The portions are absolutely huge and I have yet to have a meal there that I don't like. My favorite is probably the lamb wrap. It would be very easy for your family to be able to split meals here.

At Animal Kingdom, I would pick either Flame Tree Barbecue or Pizzafari. Personally, this is my least favorite park and I am hardly ever here long enough to really try much of the food, but neither of these places have disappointed. Pizzafari has different themed rooms and that is different and fun.

Magic Kingdom is harder for me to pick a favorite. In my opinion, Hollywood Studios has some of the best table service restaurants and is lacking in counter service - Magic Kingdom should give DHS some of theirs. I was going back and forth between Tortuga Tavern, Pecos Bill's, and Columbia Harbor House before settling on Cosmic Ray's. The assortment here makes it easy to find something for everyone. The toppings bar helps you to add to your meal to make it easy to split and still get full. The best part, though, is Sonny Eclipse. I love that little singing alien. I love to see the children dancing to him and I love his songs. I always get a table right up front and am as happy as a clam.

Our favorites consist of:

MK- Columbia Harbor House - love the shrimp basket and it has a ton of seating, some of which will overlook either Fantasyland or Liberty Square, depending on which side you are on.
- Pecos Bills - DH really likes the BBQ pulled pork sandwich while my girls and I really like the taco salad. They have a wonderful toppings bar that offer lots of great items to add to the taco salad.

DHS - Starring Rolls Cafe - we like to have baked goods from here for breakfast...not the healthiest, but hey we are on vacation :goodvibes. My favorite is the chocolate/peanut butter cupcake.

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons - has tons of different foods to choose from and a great bakery, plus it is in the Land Pavilion so if you have Soarin FPs, you can waist some time here and rest your feet.

AK - Flame Tree BBQ - great food (BBQ pulled pork is really good) and great location. Just watch out for the birds as you are eating, that is my only downfall for this restaurant.

As of right now here are my faves:

MK - I really enjoy Columbia Harbor House for their friend shrimp platter, DH enjoys their chicken and fish platter. We also like Cosmic Ray's for the rotisserie chicken or the pulled pork sandwich.

AK - My favorite would be Flame Tree BBQ. Their ribs are fantastic! And the onion rings are crispy and delicious!

DHS - For a long time I found that there were no acceptable CS options. But they've been getting better! Right now our "go-tos" are Starring Rolls for their HUGE ham or turkey sandwiches. Another option that I came across recently is ABC Commisary...I had avoided this place like the plague for so long after having some lousy experiences. But, their new burger topped with fried shrimp caught my eye and it's surprisingly good!!

Epcot - This is a tough one! My fave in Future World would be Sunshine Seasons, love the pork chop with mashed and the rotisserie chicken with rice. Both nice sized portions. In World Showcase there are so many places. Tops for us are Yorkshire County Fish Shop, Cantina de San Angel and Boulangerie Patisserie (now Les Halles).

And don't forget DTD!! Faves there are Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express!!

Magic Kingdom - Be Our Guest (I've only been for dinner but I totally plan to eat there for lunch whenever I can't get a reservation)

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons

Animal Kingdom - Yak & Yeti QS

Hollywood Studios - Starring Rolls, mainly for breakfast/lunch since it rarely is open in the evening

So nobody said Pinnochio Haus (spelling?) at MK. For some reason, I remember thinking we'd like it there, maybe only because you can watch Small World from it? Is the food sub-par?

Magic Kingdom:
Pinocchio Village Haus - I enjoyed the flatbread I had before the MNSSHP in Oct amd it was a good size + the gelato for dessert was a nice change from the cakes.
Casey's - I love the BBQ Slaw dog and the corndog nuggets w/ cheese sauce.

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons - Good variety and lots of seating. Usually grab breakfast here.
Katsura Grill (Japan) - Nice change from regular CS, pretty tasty food (love the udon dishes)!

Hollywood Studios - Don't really have a favorite but we usually eat at Fairfax Fare. Good portion side with the rib combo and not bad quality.

Animal Kingdom:
Yak and Yeti - Decent tasting food, convenient location.

MK: Columbia Harbor House -- They have good and relatively healthy food, and some items not normally found on QS menus.

AKL: Flame Tree BBQ -- I really like the BBQ, and the BBQ chicken salad, if I'm feeling less overtly carnivorous.

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons -- They have a wide variety of stuff and can make pretty much anyone happy. Tangierine Café -- I love their food, and would choose it above a lot of TS restaurants at WDW for food quality.

DHS: I like Fairfax Fare for the Fairfax Salad and for their BBQ plates.

Hmmm, best QS eateries?
In our opinion . . .
. . . Epcot: Sunshine Seasons (maybe the best QS in WDW)
. . . MK: Be Our Guest (Columbia House a close second)
. . . AK: Flame Tree (good ribs)
. . . DHS: Backlot Epress
. . . DTD: Earl of Sandwich
. . . BB: Lottawatta Lodge
. . . TL: Typhoon Tilly's
. . . Deluxe Resorts: Capt Cook's at Poly
. . . Moderate Resorts: Sassagoula Flatworks at POFQ
. . . Value Resorts: Landscapes of Flavor at AoA

Our Favourites:

MK - Columbia Harbour House - best GF chicken fingers that I have ever had! My husband loves the fish.

EP - Sunshine Seasons - We love the freshness and variety. Not your typical QS option. We love, love, love this place!

AK - Flame Tree BBQ - Yummy and lots of great seating. The ducks are fun to watch (and no, we didn't feed them).

DHS - we don't have one, we always head back to the resort

MK - Columbia Harbor House - sometimes like fried fish or chicken strips. Or Cosmic Rays/Pecos Bills if I want a burger. Love the toppings bars.
EP - Tangerine Cafe - I like the food
AK - Always do Flame Tree BBQ. Yummy food and love the seating area. Used to like Tusker House until it turned to a buffet.
DHS - Don't really have a favorite QS. Usually go to Brown Derby for Cobb Salad at lunch time. Or sit at Dad's Bar outside 50's Prime Time.

So nobody said Pinnochio Haus (spelling?) at MK. For some reason, I remember thinking we'd like it there, maybe only because you can watch Small World from it? Is the food sub-par?

We like Pinnochio Haus -- the pizza is good there. It was often very crowded during lunch time when it was the only place to eat right in the middle of Fantasyland (I'm betting that has changed) and it closed a lot earlier than Pecos Bills or Cosmic Rays.

Here are our picks:
MK -- usually Pecos Bills for the great toppings bar, or Cosmic Rays because it's open late.
AK -- Flame Tree or Pizzafari
Epcot -- croissant sandwiches in France (we don't do the fish and chips in England because we have so much fish here)
DHS -- none -- we usually go to 50s PT or Sci-Fi. They're close to the price of a CS but much better atmosphere and more variety.

MK -pecos bills

EPCOT - tangerine cafe

Ak - flametree bbq

STUDIOS - starring rolls for dessert. Lunch try sci-fi or primetime cafe for a cheap ( $15) table service entree

Resort:
Cpt cooks at the poly for tonga toast
Contempo cafe for blackened mahi-mahi sandwich at the contemporary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter