What's your favorite candle scent?

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
I know...very important topic right? Anyway...it is about 50 degrees and raining right now and is dark and dreary so I just started my gas fireplace and two candles that I have in wrought iron hangers on each side of the fireplace to "cozy" things up a bit.

I am burning what is new favorite scent....Mulled Cider. They are the large candles from Walmart. I know...not Yankee Candle! But I find that they smell great and do not lose their scent and are only like $4.85 each!

So what's your favorite scent? We all need options after all.

Well, I used to LOVE the Basil candle from Henri Bendel. Then they stopped making it. The company now makes one called Beach and I really like it.

I am not a fan of Yankee anymore as I find their scents more on the "fake" side.

Also, I just read in the paper that some scented candles, air fresheners, etc. (mainly those that use chemical scents) can increase your risk for breast cancer by close to 30%. I don't use too many scented things because they actually bother me a bit, but man, I'm a little worried now.

Henri Bendel Vanilla Bean is heavenly! For a candle splurge I like Diptyque, either Noisetier, Oranger, or Feu de Bouse.

Not a perfume fan, or scented candle fan.
To be honest, covered too many house fires started by candles, so we don't use them.

I actually like Apple Cinnamon by Glade! It's my year round scent. I love others but I always go back to that scent. I bought out Walmart a couple years ago after Christmas. They had them in the Christmas packaging and they were marked $1 and I bought about 20 of them. HaHa

Well, I used to LOVE the Basil candle from Henri Bendel. Then they stopped making it. The company now makes one called Beach and I really like it.

I am not a fan of Yankee anymore as I find their scents more on the "fake" side.

Also, I just read in the paper that some scented candles, air fresheners, etc. (mainly those that use chemical scents) can increase your risk for breast cancer by close to 30%. I don't use too many scented things because they actually bother me a bit, but man, I'm a little worried now.

That sounds really fishy. Even natural scents are "chemical". Do they mean all synthetic scents? Did they include the study? Amount of exposure? Strange too that something like that would only affect breast cancer. There's a lot of junk science claims out there.

That sounds really fishy. Even natural scents are "chemical". Do they mean all synthetic scents? Did they include the study? Amount of exposure? Strange too that something like that would only affect breast cancer. There's a lot of junk science claims out there.

It specifically referred to VOCs. These are in most scented, burning products. I'm sure they cause other cancers, but the article was about breast cancer (Washington Post health section).

Summer - either citrus or lavender (but has to be REAL lavender)
Winter - Yankee Candle has beautiful pine or mistletoe - any of the evergreens. They smell like the real thing. I find a lot of pine scented things are inclined to smell like pine-Sol.

Not a perfume fan, or scented candle fan.
To be honest, covered too many house fires started by candles, so we don't use them.
Yankee Candle has things called "vent sticks". They're meant for car vents but I clip them into my house vets - and on my fake Christmas tree LOL.

Well, I found Lakeside Sunset at B&BW, and I swear it smells just like entering the Wilderness Lodge from what I call the "bus stop doors" by the Mercantile. I have the candle and the wallflower scents for that one.

My taste changes with the season. I like Yankee Candle sea grass for summer, and apple pumpkin or autumn wreath the best for fall.
Pumpkin Pecan Waffles from Bath and Body works is one of my other fall favorites. Sweater Weather from them is good, and so is Autumn.

But my FAVORITE favorite scent of all is the Winter candle from Bath and Body Works.

I'm a candle hoarder, and I feel no shame, lol!!

My summer favorite this year was Endless Weekend by Bath and Body Works. I haven't bought any Fall or Winter season candles yet, but it will be something spicy, I'm sure.

I have asthma and allergies so anything too strong bothers me, I like country apple and vanilla as neither scent is strong.

right now, I just put out Apple Cider, Harvest and Spiced Pumpkin. Those are my favorite fall scents along with apple.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter