What's your Epcot Secret?

indigo

Disney Blogger!
Do you have a favorite Hidden Mickey or inside joke you like to share? How about a favorite menu item or hide-away?

I'd love to hear them.

My Epcot Secret is when you're riding Soarin' keep a close eye on the golf ball, when it goes flying by you'll be able to spot a familiar Mickey Mouse shape.

I just love all of Epcot! I used to have a special thing for the Cranium Command show before they closed the pavillion. I also like the entertainment in the different countries at night. Spaceship Earth holds a special affection from me too. I love it all though!

It's my favorite park, so it's hard to choose just one thing... I'd have to go with riding SE for the first time on any given trip to WDW and watching Illuminations while eating something from the bakery in Norway.

indigo said:
Do you have a favorite Hidden Mickey or inside joke you like to share? How about a favorite menu item or hide-away?

I'd love to hear them.

My Epcot Secret is when you're riding Soarin' keep a close eye on the golf ball, when it goes flying by you'll be able to spot a familiar Mickey Mouse shape.

It's not a secret - more of a preference. Personally I think you just haven't "seen" Epcot until you've seen it at night (Ditto for MK) There's something so magical there at night - the purple "ball" - the fountain, fiber oprtics in the walkway, the way the countries are lit etc. For me it's like a different park when the sun goes down :)

I love the comedy show in the UK. I realize now that I missed a whole bunch of the jokes when I was younger. It is very much British humor, but I thought it was great.

EPCOT is our favorite park! We really enjoy the Flower & Garden Show in the spring, but the Food & Wine Festival in the fall is absolutely the best! I'm an ex-musician so I really enjoy the bands at both events. I also enjoy all the food offerings at Food & Wine!

OK, here's my secret... During December and the first few days of Jan, it's usually impossible to get into Le Cellier without ressies of many months. Did you know that you can get carry-out cheese soup and pretzel bread at the reservation podium? Cheese soup is like $4.99 for a foam cup, don't know how many ounces, but enough for me to satisfy my addiction. Pretzel bread is $4.00 for 3 sticks. Of course, tax is added. They don't have cup carriers, but you can scrounge them at the McDonalds window. They stop the carry-out around 6:00 PM (not sure about the exact time) when they really get busy.

OK, that's my EPCOT secret so don't tell anyone else. It's just between us...

the candy sculptor in japan, miyuki! if you're lucky she'll sculpt a lollipop for you of your favorite animal out of taffy and you get to keep it. she made me a pink squid! :sunny:

I have ritual of going into the stave church later at night. Talk about self reflection and alone time. My heritage is german/norwegian and I'm also lutheran. So the Stave church hits me hard with the moving haunting music. Enough of the sappy stuff, but I look forward to this every trip.

Standing between Mexico and The Odyssey and looking at "The Tower of Morocco"
The only line of sight of an outside attraction from inside Epcot.
(Look carefully, the Tower of Terror falls directly behind the Morocco Pavilion and you will never have noticed unless you look........)

Alas, I will never be able to see my favorite hidden Mickey again. It is in the mural in the Wonders of Life Pavilion, which is now closed forever. :sad2:

I always get a kick out of the viking with Mickey ears in the mural by the que line in Norway. :)

EPCOT holds a special place for us because DH and I had our wedding reception in the Spaceship Earth VIP room which ended with us and all our guests riding Spaceship Earth. The room itself is sort of a secret - the windows are in plain view for all the park guests to see but I don't think many people notice it. :teeth:

Equidae said:
I always get a kick out of the viking with Mickey ears in the mural by the que line in Norway. :)
Great Hidden Mickey and one of the funnier ones.

Equidae said:
EPCOT holds a special place for us because DH and I had our wedding reception in the Spaceship Earth VIP room which ended with us and all our guests riding Spaceship Earth. The room itself is sort of a secret - the windows are in plain view for all the park guests to see but I don't think many people notice it. :teeth:
Another secret "backstage" area is the beautiful VIP area in the Living Seas which is done up in wood paneling and has windows overlooking the fish tank. Very cool clear plexiglas piano.
We visited both these areas when we took the "Undiscovered Future World" tour recently.

Another little secret I love about Epcot is how the train village in Germany has decorations that match whatever festival is ongoing at Epcot at the time. Also keep a close lookout for hidden mickeys in the area.

One of our favorites, not that it's really a secret, is the beer in France (1664). The vast majority of people don't even know about or assume that French beer is of poor quality, but that's some great stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter