What's Your Disneyworld Pet Peeve?

My issue is with people of any age (I never brought up age, btw!) who scream just to scare the crap out of people on purpose. :scared1:

Besides, it's not really an issue, it's more of an annoyance. Not enough to get me to say something but enough for it to rank on my pet peeve list along with rude people.

Okay

I have done one thing on this list! (hangs head in shame)

Someone posted that they don't like it when people find a seat first at a CS restaurant and then go up and order. We always do this at DW! It is so much easier for us. We all find a table and DH goes up to wait in line and get our food while I get the kids settled, find a high chair, strap ds in, grab some utensils, clean hands with our wipes etc. Then when dh comes to the table we are all set. Why on earth would all 4 of us go order and add to the chaos of the food line with two squirmy hungry kids?

And I must confess I don't feel bad at all when people are wandering around with trays looking for a seat. btw we do this even at restaurants where there are multiple tables open. It just works for us. :)

People sitting at tables before they have food slow down the tables turning over. It has gotten so out of control that during peak seasons Disney won't allow you to get a table before you have food--they have CMs blocking the doorways.

I don't know how anyone could think it not rude to be sitting at a table, and watch others walk around with trays full of food.

I think clogging up the food line is worse than sitting out of the way at a table. If we could not sit at a table without the food, would we stand to the side of the restaurant and wait until dh has the food then walk up to join him and all of us look for a table? That seems strange to me.

I have never been told not to get a table while dh is getting food, most CM rush over and offer to wipe the table, assist with a high chair, or take the diaper bag off my shoulder. :confused3

Now just choosing to sit there without intending to eat any food, just to rest, that I can say is wrong. Or taking up a table to eat food you brought from outside. That would be rude to me.

People sitting at tables before they have food slow down the tables turning over. It has gotten so out of control that during peak seasons Disney won't allow you to get a table before you have food--they have CMs blocking the doorways.

I don't know how anyone could think it not rude to be sitting at a table, and watch others walk around with trays full of food.

I agree with you, during peak eating times.

DD and I had lunch at La Cantina (counter service) in Mexico and there were no tables to be had after we got our food. Several tables had people sitting there, obviously waiting for the rest of their party to bring the food. While others with trays of food stood there looking for a place to sit and eat. There was a young couple with two children that offered us their table as they were leaving and we were grateful. And, in turn, after we popped the final bite of food into our mouths we immediately vacated the table so someone else could use it. I don't think it's right to just sit there and rest and relax, after you're finished eating, and take the table away from others who have trays of food and are looking for a table. Go sit and relax on a bench somewhere else in the park.

Now, when it's not a peak time to eat lunch or dinner and the venue has plenty of open tables I don't mind seeing people sitting at some of them waiting for someone else to bring the food and join them.

Back to the original question, my personal beef is with kids in the resort hot tubs. They are NOT mini-swimming pools. I don't want to see your diaper-clad toddler in there. I realize WDW is a kids paradise, but shouldn't there be one place that adults can chill out without munchkins around?

Looking for the "Like" button!

OP I know what you meant. For some reason when people are speaking a language I dont understand and are being loud it is more distracting than when people are speaking a language I do understand. I don't know why. Anyone being rude and inconsiderate are annoying.

I don't get what so many of you are getting from her post. She went to CoP, an attraction with essentially no action and all talk. I think she would have been just as irritated had the family behind her jabbered loudly in English the entire time. It seems logical that one of the main reasons the family jabbered in Spanish the entire time is because they didn't understand the English being spoken in the attraction, were bored/clueless and decided to chat. Had they spoken English, they might have been less bored/clueless and chatted less. A family who spoke English would very likely have been less bored/chatted less because they had a clue what was being said by the CoP characters.

She wasn't griping about walking through the park and hearing people speaking Spanish. She wasn't griping about hearing Spanish while dining at CRT. She was griping about being in an attraction that is almost completely SPOKEN and not being able to hear because the family behind her (who could not understand the spoken aspect) decided to talk loudly over the spoken words of CoP.

The fact that it was a Spanish speaking family actually IS key here. It makes it much more probably that the attraction was a poor fit for them as they could not understand what was being said and did not enjoy it. Yes, it is possible they COULD understand English and decided to talk loudly anyway. In that case, they were even more rude.

Or it could have been that one person was explaining what was being said to the others.

Personal space invaders while standing in line. Sorry, it won't make the line move any faster when you're constantly bumping into me, stepping on my heels. :) It doesn't help that I stand behind my kids so they are not the ones to get hit. I take it for the team. ;)

Or it could have been that one person was explaining what was being said to the others.
Which isn't an excuse to be rude to others.

I have a terrible time hearing when there is chatter. Lol, it kept me out of a lot of bars when I was younger. Others need to whisper if they are explaining or translating, and if they just want to talk wait until the ride is over.

I believe this regardless of the reason for conversation not based on language spoken. Moms explaining to children, translating, etc. all the same outcome.

Which isn't an excuse to be rude to others.

I have a terrible time hearing when there is chatter. Lol, it kept me out of a lot of bars when I was younger. Others need to whisper if they are explaining or translating, and if they just want to talk wait until the ride is over.

I believe this regardless of the reason for conversation not based on language spoken. Moms explaining to children, translating, etc. all the same outcome.

True; but that has nothing to do with being a "foreigner".

The dining plan. It has ruined dining at disney.

At counter service places when people sit at a table before they have their food , then people with trays of food are stuck wandering around.

Amen, Skuttle. Amen. And to add to it, how Disney has brainwashed people into thinking they're getting a deal with it. I always shake my head when people on these boards say they can't afford to go to Disney unless free dining is offered.

Amen, Skuttle. Amen. And to add to it, how Disney has brainwashed people into thinking they're getting a deal with it. I always shake my head when people on these boards say they can't afford to go to Disney unless free dining is offered.

In some instances it DOES save us quite a bit of money. Sometimes not. It depends on a few factors. We always do the math...and I HATE math...to see if it is.

Butting in line. the one satisfaction was years ago when I was young and in shape. I was in line and a kid comes out of nowhere and butts in front of me. I ask him what he thinks he is doing. He says his father told him to get in front of me. I tell him to tell his father he can butt in anywhere behind me. His father comes over and says who do you think you are, I'm from New York City (???). I said that's nice I'm from Chicago. He walked away.

there are translation devices for that purpose.

ok what is the "politically correct" term for someone from another country? apparently "foreigner" isn't allowed anymore. alien? that always makesme think of sci fi movies! :rotfl:

there are translation devices for that purpose.

ok what is the "politically correct" term for someone from another country? apparently "foreigner" isn't allowed anymore. alien? that always makesme think of sci fi movies! :rotfl:

Apparantly I'm a horrible person for saying the word "foreigner." :confused3

I have no idea what we're supposed to call people that are from another country. Maybe "an individual not from the United States?" ;) Maybe that wouldn't offend anyone, I don't know. No, it probably would still offend some people. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter