What's your Disney dream job?

For DH and I it would have to be HM staff. We love that ride.

Otherwise helping with the animals at AK would be really cool.

If I was to retire there, (would rather retire to the Keys) I think I would like to captain one of the boats.. I guess my first choice would be the 7 seas lagoon. I wonder what Disney considers to be the top Spot for a Captain??

My career involves working with animals, and I've worked at both an aquarium and a zoo. Working at The Seas or AK would be amazing! :goodvibes

I did work at Disney World!! Over 20 years ago! lol My friend and I moved down there to work in the summer of '89 and I worked there until early '91. I worked at Fort Wilderness. First as a housekeeper in the 'trailers' (Cabins) and then at the front entrance. When my husband retires from the military we are 'retiring' in Florida and hope to be close enough to Disney that I can get another job there. Heck, I would just love to be a ticket person or something like that. lol My husband has been looking into Corporate Disney Jobs himself. :thumbsup2

That's easy!!!! I'd be the Tinkerbell that flies down from the castle at the beginning of Wishes!!! :love:

My dream job at WDW would be a dancer for a parade or the welcome show...Heck any show...LOL!!! I danced from age 3 until I was 22 and every time I see a parade or show and the dancers come out my face lights up.

I find myself often thinking this...if money didn't matter as much, I would LOVE to be a full-time writer and part-time Magic Kingdom Guest Relations tour guide again. :cloud9:

So how about you, what is your Disney dream job?

Hey girlie! :)

I would love to work at Guest Relations or at Club 33 in DL!!!!

Costume Designer , I have been creating costumes for years. Would love access to more materials and Ideas.

Waitress at any table service restaurant.

Maybe even a ride operator for a little kids ride. I love seeing their faces.

I LOVE being an actress and I hope to do that for the rest of my life...but I'd LOVE to be a Princess in the parks, especially Ariel, Rapunzel and Merida. People ALWAYS say I should do that. And I'd love to work on the Great Movie Ride as one of the cast members who "drives" the car...but only if they brought back the old costumes.

More realistically, I'd LOVE to host the Disney Planning Video and/or the in room resort channel (maybe with Andrew Keenan-Bolger, Crutchie from Broadway's Newsies (which is a Disney production). It'd be AMAZING with him). I know I have the personality for it, DEFINITELY. But that's just me :goodvibes

Well, if we're talking DREAM job, I'd probably create one that doesn't exist, like dressing up and sneaking around the Haunted Mansion to scare people.

If we're talking dream-job-that-realy-exists, I'd join mieshie75 in the costume department.

I'd want to be a horticulturalist. The landscaping and floral displays in the parks fascinate me and I would love to tend the Land greenhouse plants!

DH wants to captain a boat when he retires. Every time we're down there he's chatting up the boat captains, talking to them about how they got into their position and the pros & cons of it. FIL is a fishing charter captain and DH grew up thinking he'd take over that business eventually, but as it turns out he has a serious fish allergy that makes that impossible. So I think captaining one of the Disney ferry boats is that childhood dream/goal in new, more practical form.

Being in Law Enforcement, I would love to work as a security manager or at least a plain clothed guard when I retire. I would just love keeping everyone safe as possible while they enjoy WDW.

We spent a long time chatting one evening with a retired NY cop who was doing just that - resort security at Pop Century - and that struck me as a really great way to spend one's retirement. His only complaint? Lack of good Italian food in Florida. :laughing:

My dream job is a VIP tour guide. I know so many "hidden secrets" and extra tidbits about the parks tat I would love to share by being a guide. My second choice would be a professional trip planner.

I'd love to just welcome people to Magic Kingdom. :) Or resort greeter when they first get to the resort... that sort of thing.

Ride tester! If that job actually exists lol.

It's called the Test and Adjust team!

Well, if we're talking DREAM job, I'd probably create one that doesn't exist, like dressing up and sneaking around the Haunted Mansion to scare people.

A Maintenance CM did this for several years before admitting to it at his retirement party! :thumbsup2

Costume Designer , I have been creating costumes for years. Would love access to more materials and Ideas.

If we're talking dream-job-that-realy-exists, I'd join mieshie75 in the costume department.

I work in Costuming - if you have any questions do not hesitate to PM me!

Even though I've had some fantastic roles, the one area I've never worked is in Operations (specifically Attractions). Once I retire, I'd love to work with a spieling attraction. I'd take a guess now, but in 40 years who knows what attractions will exist! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter