What's your decorating style?

I guess I'd have to say "outdoorsy".............but in a suburban way, not woodsy.

Kitchen is done in chili peppers, tea pots and plants..............light wood cabinets, big square wood table and black appliances (dh's influence).

Living is done in "Texas".................copper star lampshades, bluebonnet landscapes, light sage furniture, light beige walls and gold carpet, wood armoire, iron and glass tables, beige rug with green leaves over the carpet.

Dining is done in "Mexico"...........Diego Rivera portraits and Mexican market scenes, red tablecloth, off-white chair covers, same walls and carpet as living, red oriental carpet.

DS #1 is sports. DS #2 is puppies. Guest has no real decor yet...........just a yellow and green dresser and green comforter on the bed, with my dolls around.

Our bedroom is in the jungle.............palms, leaves carved in our furniture, a few tiger portraits that DH painted.

I love to decorate but I don't have a favorite style, and I'm never finished.

My favorite room is my kitchen which looks like a cross between an Italian villa and an Irish pub with a faux old world style finish on the walls and stain glass windows hanging in front of the windows

My 2nd favorite room is the spare bedroom which looks like a simple beachhouse in pale blues with long flowy white cotton curtains, layered white quilts on the bed, a framed map of the coast of NC and a few blue glass bottles. (Not lighthouses and boats.)

It's like having a pint at the pub and then taking a nap at the beach, LOL, aaaww, wish I was home instead of at work.

Ds's room is dinosaurs and the rest of the rooms are in different shades of green or red with framed old maps, scenic photos and prints of Ireland and New Orleans, a bodhran and a few old guitars hanging on the walls.

Thanks everyone for sharing, love all the different tastes!

Our house at the beach is decorated in what I call "Early Sea Captain" Old authentic nautical. (Im a sucker at an antique store). There is a lot of history with whaling and fishing in this area, so I try to use local history to help me decorate. It makes it very comfortable and classic. Our log home is decorated in more of a woodsy natural way. We tend to spend more of the year there, so it is more homey. Dark greens, burgundy, navy blue. The hot tub is inside instead of outside in that house, so that is played up in a woodsy, hot springs kind of way. Its fun. I just have fun with whatever I am decorating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter