What's your contribution to Thanksgiving dinner?

I'm making the pumpkin cheesecake that gets requested every year ;) and apple pie.

They always put me in charge of dessert. :confused3

We will be traveling a decent distance so I need to make something portable. I'm taking my wonderful carrot/nut/fruit muffins. My mom is making a suger-free dessert for me to take and I will help her make a broccoli casserole the morning of Thanksgiving.

What is a banaffi pie? Sounds tasty.

We're taking a savory apple dressing. (I sub in cran-apple juice for the apple juice called for in the recipe - sooo good. :love: )

We're taking a savory apple dressing. (I sub in cran-apple juice for the apple juice called for in the recipe - sooo good. :love: )

That sounds good! I have added apples and sausage and walnuts to my mom's dressing recipe (which really isn't a recipe-more of a procedure, she changes it up as to what she has on hand) and just love the sweetness the apples add to it.

This year all I'm making is reservations at Boma's! :banana: But early in December I will have a combination Thanksgiving/Christmas for me, dh, my kids (ds #1 works offshore and won't be home for Thanksgiving or Christmas), my mom and whoever else stops by. For this I will cook everything myself except the fried turkey--Dh does that.

What is a banaffi pie? Sounds tasty.

You take that really thick Carmel de Leache and put it in a graham cracker pie crust. Be careful or the crust will break. Then slice bananas long ways and cover the whole pie. Put homemade whip cream on top and then lightly sprinkle coffee grounds on top for color. Since toffee is the same as Carmel de Leache the pie is called Banaffi ( bananas and toffee ).

You can buy regular Carmel but the pie falls apart when you slice it. It taste the same it just doesn't look as good.

You take that really thick Carmel de Leache and put it in a graham cracker pie crust. Be careful or the crust will break. Then slice bananas long ways and cover the whole pie. Put homemade whip cream on top and then lightly sprinkle coffee grounds on top for color. Since toffee is the same as Carmel de Leache the pie is called Banaffi ( bananas and toffee ).

You can buy regular Carmel but the pie falls apart when you slice it. It taste the same it just doesn't look as good.

Is it Banoffi?(or banofee)I saw a recipe for this and it looks YUMMY!

Everything from appetizers right through to desert and coffee. Wouldn't have it any other way! I love this holiday even with all of the work!

I just talked about this last night w/ my DMom.

I am making the turkey (started that when DH and I were married 15 years ago), my special mashed potatoes, deviled eggs and stuffing. Also, some type of broccoli dish.

DMom is making mac & cheese (crock pot), a pineapple dish, dumplings, sweet potatoes w/ marshmellows for DH, and green beans. My DDad will make the biscuts.

DM is also going to make a pound cake and some other desserts. She really doesn't need to b/c it will just be the 6 of us, but she wants to and she can use the leftovers for her extended families dinner the next night.

I need to run the list by DH to see if there is anything else he wants to add.

Homemade cinnamon rolls. My Dad always made them and just before he passed away he gave me his recipe and passed down the tradition to me. My sister is hosting Thanksgiving this year and my brother and sister-in-law are doing Christmas.

My contribution wil be paying my half of the bill:rotfl: My best friend and I are driving to San Luis Obispo for the week so we will be eating dinner at the Apple Farm Inn.

I will be eating the leftovers. No one else wants them, and we must not let it go to waste;)

The whole darn thing. God help me. And that will include the dishes. My sister generally develops some sort of ailment right after she eats her weight in turkey. She'll find the energy to box up some leftovers then hit the road. :rolleyes1

I'll make 3 pumpkin pies, green bean casserole and some other veg, yet to be determined. I've been wanting broccoli casserole, but 2 casseroles might be too much. Oh, and some rolls.

Happy Thanksgiving All!!

I always have to make my "famous" crock pot mac & cheese.

I WANT this! Please tell me more!

The whole darn thing. God help me. And that will include the dishes. My sister generally develops some sort of ailment right after she eats her weight in turkey. She'll find the energy to box up some leftovers then hit the road. :rolleyes1

My cousin's wife always pulls the same thing.:headache: Don't they realize that we are on to them?

Tofurkey, although I'm trying acorn squash stuffed with Quinoa this weekend in lieu of that.
Mom brings mashed poataoes and squash, and possibly creamed onions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter