Whats your BEFORE trip traditions?

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
We will watch our favorite Disney movies, Ratatouille, Lady and the Tramp, Aladdin and Ill re create Disney food at home like French Toast Loaf (MSB), cream cheese mash potatoes (LC), smoked salmon spread(GF CL) and more..

Then the evening before I get a manicure and DH and I get pedicures together (he needs it more after working in steel toe boots all yr!) we order dinner in and go to bed early b/c we leave by 5 am to drive to DTD check into a hotel there and shop and eat DTD before checking into our WDW resort around 700 am the next morning~

Procrastinate then run around like a lunatic while packing, which ironically enough is what I'm doing at this precise moment. Every trip I tell myself that I'm going to pack ahead and every trip I don't.

I too also get a mani and pedi, both scheduled for this afternoon!

We don't have traditions for Disney, but I know what you mean. We take our yearly Keys camping trip (11 months from today) and have certain things we do the weekend before: haul out the camper, visit a couple of stores to stock it up on fun new items, read the trip reports from earlier years, and watch Keysy movies.

The day before the trip I visit Costco and we just have their chowder and pizza and try to get to bed early. Unlike you, I'm afraid, we just can't sleep well ad wake up exhausted. Maybe we should try your relaxing pedi trick.

Have a wonderful trip. You're getting pretty close!

:)

we have a countdown, DD and I get mani/pedis, we pack a week or so in advance, have some Disney family fun nights, listen to only Disney music, and the morning of I blast the 'good morning song' from the Magic Kingdom rope drop to wake everyone up! Of course we geek out and where matching shirts too!:banana:

At the Airport in the UK either Bristol or London Gatwick we always make sure we get a full english breakfast

We will be going for our first trip next month!!!! So no traditions! We leave on a Sunday morn.. So last night we were talking about this, the night before we will have pizza delivered & invite grandparents over. That day I will def treat myself to a mani & pedi and get my hair blown out (long curly hair) so I don't have to worry about it before we leave!!!!

We try to do something fun and "mouse-related" the night before our trip. In 2010, we made our own Mickey head-shaped pizzas for dinner the night before our flight. Last year, we baked chocolate chip cookies in the shape of Mickey's head before the drive down to FL. Lots of picture taking, of course! Gets us warmed up for vacation time when the camera is going off near constantly. :rotfl:

Procrastinate then run around like a lunatic while packing, which ironically enough is what I'm doing at this precise moment. Every trip I tell myself that I'm going to pack ahead and every trip I don't.

I too also get a mani and pedi, both scheduled for this afternoon!

lol....thats one of my traditions too! :p

Having a 10 day countdown, the night before my little sister and i go get manicures and pedicures while our parents are frantically packing their suitcases (we do ours way before then) :rotfl:, grabbing some quick take out, bed early, and by 4:30 we are up and ready to head off to Providence for our annual 630 am flight!! :cool1:

OK this is rather embarrassing but on the 18th day before our trip I wake DD up for school by singing my own version of Saving Abel's song 18 days.

We start our countdown calendar 30 days before we leave. We purchased a large piece of shower board from Lowe's and used different colored electric tape to mark off date boxes. The shower board is like a gigantic dry-erase board, and we each take turns each day writing something we're looking forward to (rides, snacks, etc.) We also collect Disney Racers, and we only bring them out once a year. Each day, the kids get a few cars to add to the collection. By the time we leave, our entire mantle is filled up and then some :) It's a fun way to get excited about the trip, and it helps us determine our do-not-miss experiences. We've used it for several years now. I take a picture of the kids in front of the calendar when it's all filled up. :goodvibes

We watch what we eat in our house 95% of the time. The night before our trip, we all eat whatever we want (since no one wants to cook and we have very little food left in the house).

I sort of shot myself in the foot with this one, because I will no doubt end up making at least 2 trips since no one can agree on what to get! :lmao:

~We have a countdown calendar on the fridge from the time we start to plan the vacation until we actually go!
~We watch the Planning DVD every couple of weeks whenever we order in pizza
~We go get our hair cut about 2 days before the trip
~We drive to Cleveland the night before and stay in a hotel there and fly out the next morning- during the drive we get out all our talking about work and any frustrations we may have, then we leave it in the van! Once we check in in Cleveland, we are not allowed to talk about work/home issues any more cause we are on VACATION!!!
~And, not an official tradition, but we hardly can sleep our night in Cleveland!! :rotfl: Too excited to sleep!! So we arrive to Disney all tired LOL!!

~ We also run around crazy with the packing. ;)

~ I get my nails and toes done as well usually the day before.

~ The boys get haircuts.

~ We also buy matching shoes a few weeks before hand. They are usually the same color scheme or sometimes even the same style, just depends.

~ We buy new shirts that match as well. So at least a few days at the parks we coordinate.

I'm loving everyone's traditions including running around like crazy packing!! It's rather be doing that then anything else at home!!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

We get mani/pedi's the day before. Take the dog for a long walk because we will miss her so much, finish packing. Then I will lay in bed going over everything and have to get up to check on something...about 1 or 2 am-my oldest DD comes in and says, "I can't sleep..." so she climbs in bed with us and we watch something Disney..Wake up and run around like crazy getting ready. Before we leave, we take a picture of both my DD's sitting on the porch with the same cute pose everytime!

We watch Disney movies the whole ride to Disney..well I don't cause I drive but I listen while my wife watches on an iPad. We also get our ill be your Mickey and ill be your Minnie shirts ready to wear on the first day. And we make a reservation for the brown derby.

We do the one month out countdown calendar that I make with a different character on it or something special park detail.

Two days before me and my girls get pedicures and mummy also gets a fill in for her nails and my brows threaded.
The day before you best better believe mummy is getting off of work early to get her herr done and yes I meant to spell it like that. A black woman is NOT going on any trip and not get her hair done.

We will and who I mean by we is actually me (mummy) will spend oodles of time going over the packing list making sure everything we need is packed and nothing is forgotten. I'm a single parent now and so its all up to me.

I've only flown with my girls once and that was over 3yrs ago and so doing it by myself is a little unnerving. Luckily our flight isn't til 11am and we live literally 5mins away from the airport so as long as we leave by 8:30/8:45am we'll be good, no need to rush.

We don't really have any traditions. I will start to pack 30 days out. We have enough clothes for me to pull out what I want for the trip. Our next trip will be in December so I will actually pull out the clothes at the end of summer. So about 90 days in advance. I coordinate outfits usually by characters and my husband will just wear color that matches what we wear. I think I will make a countdown for the kids this year. I will make one for each of them (you should see the mess having only 1 advent calender causes around Christmas :rotfl2:). I watch the Disney planning video all year round. Maybe we will do some more stuff this year. I like the idea of a Mickey shaped food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter