• The South

• Philadelphia

• The Northeast

• The West

• Boston

• North Central

• The Inland North

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mine says Midland; which sounds right, since I'm from PA.

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

I said......

Pin / Pen - different

Don / Dawn - same

Merry/Mary/Marry - same

I say Merry/Mary/Marry all the same. Hmm

Yes yes - meant the same. I dont know how you would say them different.

When I lived in Florida, a girl introduced herself to me as "Don" and I was thinking 'weird' and it wasnt until I saw her name on an email group that I realized "Ohhhhh Dawwwwn!" :laughing:

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

and i'm from Toronto, Canada :)

Opps. I hit the wrong thing. I have a midland accent.

"You have a Midland accent"

...just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

Funny, because I am Tennessee born and bred. Down here I don't really have an accent, but I am sure to people in other parts of the country I do.

Yes yes - meant the same. I dont know how you would say them different.

When I lived in Florida, a girl introduced herself to me as "Don" and I was thinking 'weird' and it wasnt until I saw her name on an email group that I realized "Ohhhhh Dawwwwn!" :laughing:

Marry is Mah-ree (rhymes with Barry, Larry)
mary is Mare-ee (rhymes with scary)
Merry is Meh-ree (rhymes with Berry)

If you think all the examples rhyme, then I don;t knwo how to explain it. :laughing:

If you go to Dictionary.com and put them all in, you can hear the different pronunciations.

All the examples on the quiz I said sound different to me. I have a Northeast accent.

It said The Inland North. I do say pop not soda. I live in East Central Indiana.

According to the quiz I have a 'midland' accent...or 'no' accent.

BUT I am from Tennessee, and I definately have an accent...Southern. But it isn't that strong, and other locals have thought I wasn't from here b/c my accent isn't very strong.

I have been known to y'all occassionally :lmao:

If you think all the examples rhyme, then I don;t knwo how to explain it. :laughing:

Yes, I think all the examples rhyme, as well. :lmao:

Barry and Berry are different too?

Sheesh! You guys have a lot to remember. ;)

If you go to Dictionary.com and put them all in, you can hear the different pronunciations.

All the examples on the quiz I said sound different to me. I have a Northeast accent.

Barry, Larry, scary and berry all sound the same to me. :confused3

I have been known to y'all occassionally :lmao:

I "you guys". Not "yous guys" - just "you guys" ;)

But I do say you's when referring to a couple of people.

For instance, yelling at my boys: "Both of you's better clean this up"

Well that test isn't very comprehensive. It says I'm Midland or I don't have an accent....but we all know that Baltimoreans have a doosie of an accent. The fatal flaw in the test that would pick up the "Bawlmer" accent is when it asks if "on" rhymes with "don" or "dawn". There is no phonetic spelling of the way a bawlmoorean would say the word "on" There is no word in the world to rhymes it with. It is a sound all it's own, so there is no way they could come up with a quiz test question for it. They could pick up a Bawlmer accent by asking "Does "oil" rhyme with "all"? Which if you are from Baltimore , it does. Does the "wat" in "water" actually sound like "wood"?

wow....You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

What's funny is... I was born and raised in California, but have lived in Ga for over 15 yrs...
I guess the two have cancelled each other out :lmao:

I got Boston??? :confused3 I've spent 2 days in Boston.

LMAO... But it's so fun to say 'wicked cool'

LMAO...they all sound the same to me

"Midland" accent. Hmmmm.

When I say "Whar'r mah booots, y'all?" and "Ah luv pray-leens with mah pee-can pai!" you know I'm from Texas, raised by parents from Mississippi. I didn't have a chance! :rotfl:

And yes mary, merry and marry all sound the same!

Inland North...

right on the money. :) Born and raised in the burbs' of Chicago.

And yes, it's pop!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Midland

I am from Florida, so I guess its correct. :confused3:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter