What's wrong with Valentine's Day?

Valentine's Day is only as commercialized as you make it. I think of it as a day to give an extra "I love you" or "I appreciate you", not just to a significant other, but to friends & family too.

As I was leaving Sam's Club on my lunch break the woman checking receipts was saying "Happy Valentine's Day!" to everyone. It was really sweet and put a smile on everyone's face. There's nothing wrong with spreading a little love & happiness :lovestruc and yes, I think some people do need a day to remind them of that.

My house is the opposite. I see my kids every day and they are very loving and affectionate towards me (each other...not so much). But DH works alot and when he's home we're both usually pretty worn out. We're tight on both money and time, the last time we went out to eat was in Nov. for our anniversary. So yes, I'll admit it, we need Valentine's Day to take a little extra time as a couple. However we're celebrating on Thursday, his day off. We're going out for lunch while the kids are at school so lower prices and no babysitter needed.

Oh don't get me wrong, my kids are very loving to me. The younger 2 anyway snuggle me every day, but they bicker between each other so much it drives me insame. But not on Mother's Day!!! :love:

So as much as I love Valentines Day, I NEED Mother Day! :goodvibes

We go out every week, so we don't need an excuse. I don't have an issue with people celebrating their love or kids passing out valetines, I have huge issues with the expectaions fed by the media for diamonds, etc. Guilting people into buying gifts is an issue to me.

We go out every week, so we don't need an excuse. I don't have an issue with people celebrating their love or kids passing out valetines, I have huge issues with the expectaions fed by the media for diamonds, etc. Guilting people into buying gifts is an issue to me.

THIS..:thumbsup2

Agreed!!! I love the one commercial (sarcastic) that showed a heart shaped diamond necklace and the girl said "this is how I know he loves me." I don't know the jeweler, but I told my DH, yeah, keep the diamonds and take care of me for 3 weeks straight when I am sick (like he just had) anyday. I don't care for that either, and I don't buy into it.

Agreed!!! I love the one commercial (sarcastic) that showed a heart shaped diamond necklace and the girl said "this is how I know he loves me." I don't know the jeweler, but I told my DH, yeah, keep the diamonds and take care of me for 3 weeks straight when I am sick (like he just had) anyday. I don't care for that either, and I don't buy into it.

What a good guy!

I think it just a special day in everyone's life when he/she express his love ..@@ :cool1::cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter