Whats with NEW PORTHOLES

StephenKay

DVC Member VWL 2001
Evening,

Just had a look at some of the new pictures of the Magic in drydock in Cadiz, in one picture on the DCL Blog it shows a set of about 8 large portholes on the front of the Magic under the bridge, I know they are moving the crew bar but it's not that. Any ideas.

Evening, Just had a look at some of the new pictures of the Magic in drydock in Cadiz, in one picture on the DCL Blog it shows a set of about 8 large portholes on the front of the Magic under the bridge, I know they are moving the crew bar but it's not that. Any ideas.

Officer quarters perhaps?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Evening,

Just had a look at some of the new pictures of the Magic in drydock in Cadiz, in one picture on the DCL Blog it shows a set of about 8 large portholes on the front of the Magic under the bridge, I know they are moving the crew bar but it's not that. Any ideas.

This pic? Not sure what they are for.

MagicDryDock_zps992d74dd.jpg

MJ

I just looked up the blueprints from when the magic class was built in 98. There's 6 windows and they are assigned to officers and I'm guessing DCL VIPs. Looking bow on from left to right(starboard side to port side) first 2 windows are the capts suite, the next one moving to port is the first officers suite a set of stairs, the next 2 officer suites the the last is the chief engineers suite. That's assuming they haven't been repurposed to other officers, though the Capts suite I'm pretty sure hasn't moved. Directly behind the suites are 7 more officer cabins 5 with balconies 2 interior plus 4 more ships offices. In front of the windows is a private balcony that is shared by all of the officer cabins.

I just looked up the blueprints from when the magic class was built in 98. There's 6 windows and they are assigned to officers and I'm guessing DCL VIPs. Looking bow on from left to right(starboard side to port side) first 2 windows are the capts suite, the next one moving to port is the first officers suite a set of stairs, the next 2 officer suites the the last is the chief engineers suite. That's assuming they haven't been repurposed to other officers, though the Capts suite I'm pretty sure hasn't moved. Directly behind the suites are 7 more officer cabins 5 with balconies 2 interior plus 4 more ships offices. In front of the windows is a private balcony that is shared by all of the officer cabins.

That would be very cool to see the blueprints for that area. Where are they on the Dream class, deck 9?

jlemieu1 said:
That would be very cool to see the blueprints for that area. Where are they on the Dream class, deck 9?

1 deck below the bridge on the Dream or just behind it if I had to guess. Ill look at pics in a few but im thinking just under it. The Capt isn't going to be far from the bridge. On the Dream class I wouldn't be surprised if there are more cabins and offices near the bridge. From what I've heard the 1 st officers cabin on the Magic was moved somewhere else so by trial and error the Dreams may have some differences and improvements made from the learning curve.

That looks like the ships officers verandahs and windows. Almost the same set up as the Magic class. I'll be on the Fantasy in less then 2 weeks and I'll try and look.

I believe the Captain's quarters are on deck 10 just behind the bridge. There is a "dead space" on the deck plans about the width of 3 cabins between the forward-most guest cabins and the bridge wing. I would assume that "dead space" is some of the officer's quarters.

E ticket rider said:
I believe the Captain's quarters are on deck 10 just behind the bridge. There is a "dead space" on the deck plans about the width of 3 cabins between the forward-most guest cabins and the bridge wing. I would assume that "dead space" is some of the officer's quarters.

Could be but if there inside I'd say Jr bridge/hotel officer cabins. I think the Capt is going to be just under the bridge in the largest of the cabins. On the Magic, its attached to office space and meeting space.

E ticket rider said:

Excellent assumption! :-)

Thanks,

For some reason I had never noticed them before and I have been on that ship for over 90 nights. Oh well, the drydock is coming to an end, just dropped off our CM at the airport this morning as they all start heading back today and have an "all aboard" for 2am on the 10th Oct ready for the sailing across the atlantic, they will have to stop for fuel somewhere probably Madiera and then maybe at Freeport again, the latter port is a guess mention in the car on the way to the airport. Most of the Priority list of tasks is complete and they are surprised to find themselves on schedule.

Thanks,

For some reason I had never noticed them before and I have been on that ship for over 90 nights. Oh well, the drydock is coming to an end, just dropped off our CM at the airport this morning as they all start heading back today and have an "all aboard" for 2am on the 10th Oct ready for the sailing across the atlantic, they will have to stop for fuel somewhere probably Madiera and then maybe at Freeport again, the latter port is a guess mention in the car on the way to the airport. Most of the Priority list of tasks is complete and they are surprised to find themselves on schedule.

Thanks for the update! :thumbsup2

I remember when we stayed in cabin 9010, far forward, on the Dream one time we were constantly bumping into officers in the area. Could be they were using our hallway as a short cut :)

Heather

We had 10500/10502 as our VGT assignments on the 6/22 Western. We were indeed next to Capt room, although we never heard or saw him out on verandah. Here are some pix

Sorry for the foggy lens--I never seem to learn:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter