What's with all the trash?

gazeborob

I’m accused of being a Disney addict!
What’s the deal with all the trash in the halls? I know that this has been written about before, but I was always thinking is it really a big deal? Well, after seeing it, yes it is! Would be such a big deal for these members to walk down the hall and toss it in the trash room? I don’t know if all resorts have a trash room, but they do at the BCV. I think part of the problem is that they don’t make it known that it is available, or where it is. Perhaps they could put something in the packet when you check-in, or a sign in the room telling people where it is. It is a bit disgusting to walk down the halls and see all the trash sitting there on the floor. I have already said something to my guide and the front desk about it. I will also be sending MS an email making some suggestions. Lets just hope they can get the word out, and keep our halls clean.

Rob

Originally posted by gazeborob
What’s the deal with all the trash in the halls? I know that this has been written about before, but I was always thinking is it really a big deal? Well, after seeing it, yes it is! Would be such a big deal for these members to walk down the hall and toss it in the trash room? I don’t know if all resorts have a trash room, but they do at the BCV. I think part of the problem is that they don’t make it known that it is available, or where it is. Perhaps they could put something in the packet when you check-in, or a sign in the room telling people where it is. It is a bit disgusting to walk down the halls and see all the trash sitting there on the floor. I have already said something to my guide and the front desk about it. I will also be sending MS an email making some suggestions. Lets just hope they can get the word out, and keep our halls clean.

Rob

DVC Member Satisfaction Manager
Jackie Lueders, 800-800-9800,
members@disneyvactionclub.com (mailto:members@disneyvactionclub.com)
(subject: ATTN JACKIE LUEDERS),
Disney Vacation Club,
Attn: Jackie Lueders,
200 Celebration Place,
Celebration, FL 34747.

smilie_catch.gif

VWL trash rooms were right on the way to the elevator. I imagine there was a room like that on each floor, but I don't know for sure. The only problem was they had this trash barrel only big enough for someone's kitchen so if 5 people went to throw their trash away it became a problem. However the room was a good size so DBF would leave the trash next to the barrel in the room and let lodgekeeping deal with it. At least it wasn't in the hallway! :rolleyes: Are the trash rooms on your way to elevators in the other resorts?

It is the thing to do after room service so they can come get the "trash" and not disturb the guests. It is just the thing to do.

I don't think this OP is talking about room service trays and dishes, it was referring to full room trash bags being left in the hallways with the intention of housekeeping picking them up.

The trash room is easily located and a quick trip over to it is a very simple thing for a guest to do.

The size of the barrels is a good question. At BWV in Feb, the barel was always overflowing full and I had to leave my bag as close to it as I could toss it!

I am going to be in BWV in a couple weeks, I will be solo for a couple nights, I have a new mission!!!!

Hanging trash on doorknobs. Knocking on people doors or ringing their phones at 3:00 am to make them aware of trash locations.

I love a trip with a mission!!

What a great way to celebrate a stay at BWV, Rich!!;)

Hanging trash on doorknobs. Knocking on people doors or ringing their phones at 3:00 am to make them aware of trash locations.
Sounds fun...a good way to save a day on your park hopper pass!!!
grinning-smiley-001.gif

Why don't you just keep walking down the hall and forget about it. It's not like as if you have to step around it or touch it. Every monday on my way to work there are all these "terrible" people that place their trash in bags by the road. I think I will start calling them and let them know how gross it is.
Heck, I leave trash outside my room all the time, I set it there so I don't forget it when I am walking out.

YOUR ON VACATION! Lighten Up.

Are you seriously equating leaving your garbage at the curb on pick up day with leaving garbage in the hallways of a deluxe resort that has no plans to pick up your garbage?

Must be a liberal....

r8ingbull,

Your right, I am on vacation. As for lightening up, I am taking pride in what I own a part of. I don't think that others and myself are asking to much of the other members to take their trash to a trash room. What got me the most was the smell of dirty diapers in the hall. I am just asking people to be considerate of the other members.

Rob

Richyams- How does my opinion on trash disposable effect my place on the political spectrum?

This complaint about trash always makes me think "my **** don't stink". Just remember that for everything someone does that irks you, you do something else that bugs them. Being considerate of other members includes alot more than just trash in the hallways. It includes an endless number of items that people do to annoy others.
I am annoyed by screaming children, and your annoyed with trash. I'll make a deal, when the kids stop running up and down the hallways I'll stop putting trash bags out as speed bumps.

Boy, I hardly ever get in on these things, but I can't resist. We have noticed that there is more of problem with trash in the hallways then there used to be. I'm glad that everyone wants the trash out of their room. That's why there is a proper place to put it (the trash room). If people are putting the trash outside their rooms to remind them to take it out to the trash room when they leave, wouldn't they remember it if it is inside their room right against the door? As a matter of fact, if you have to move the bag just to get out the door I would think that would be even a better reminder. The hallways are not the curb of a street where trash is picked up weekly. If it were we would be in a real mess with everyone leaving their trash in the hall.

I think part of the problem is that they don’t make it known that it is available, or where it is. Perhaps they could put something in the packet when you check-in, or a sign in the room telling people where it is.
Although we're still relatively new members, we've stayed in three DVC resorts, checking-in on four separate occasions, and we had no idea that these trash rooms existed! Now that the subject has been mentioned, I do recall seeing a room-door sign in VWL reading 'Trash Room', but I assumed it was for staff, not guests to use. (don't know why - I just took it that way).

A simple list of information such as this on check-in would make sense to me :)

Do you actually do that?

That is just so crass.

Liberal, for sure.

I am a little surprised that anyone would think it was acceptable to leave bag(s) of garbage in an expensive hotel's hallways. Not only will it start to smell, someone could trip on it. Is this a 'Home away from Home' resort or a tenement? I can understand if someone doesn't know where to put their garbage, a simple call to housekeeping though would probably get you an answer. However if someone knows where the garbage room is and still just leaves bags in the hall expecting Housekeeping to pick it up, is wrong. To me that would be like throwing out garbage on the ground when there is a can 20 feet away but you didn't feel like walking. I know people in condo's and apartments get fined for doing things like this, maybe Disney needs to adapt a policy like this? Housekeeping may make one pass on the floor in a day and if you put out garbage it could sit there for a whole day. Not only is it crass, it is vulgar as well.

It should be pointed out at check-in that trash rooms exist. An obvious note (neon orange) could be placed by housekeeping in each room after cleaning.

Housekeeping should also have a note to slip under doors saying "Lazybutt there's a trash room---use it".

Of course Disney will think of a more PC way to say it.:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter