What's with all of the "adults only" stuff on the DISNEY cruises?

I would be interested to know if the OP ever did decide to take a cruise and what their verdict was/is?

FWIW my family currently consists of 2 - Myself and DH and we love Disney cruises and whilst we haven't used the "adult only" spaces a lot we do appreciate they are there. I am fairly certain we will appreciate them more if/when we have our own children ;)

According to his signature, he has cruised DCL. Perhaps he's not replying because once he actually sailed he realized how few areas are truly adult only and how much space kids get. Seeing is believing. :thumbsup2

No I was referring more to the "maybe it's not right for us" because it sounds like a lot of the kids activities involve us dropping them off... i just want to make sure there are enough family activities for people like us who like to stay together.

Our family did some, but very little splitting up on our 4-night DCL. You can find family activities, but we had to watch for them. We used a lot of the open house times.
Our youngest (14 mos at the time) spent 24/7 with us. DH & I (and the kids!) had the best vacation of our lives.

Your kids won't like ANY of the kids club activities? Making flubber, making chocolate chip cookies, parties/events with the characters, story time with princesses, and not to mention the multitude of video games, the climbing structure in the Club (Magic/Wonder), and the opportunity to make new friends and hang out and have fun? If your kids go to the club at all then you can check out the adult areas? Also, they can't go with you to things like the spa or hang in the gym if you work out, etc. Then there's Palo and Remy that are adults only. Oh and the night time activities. Nice for a night out as parents.

Anyway, LOL, I had to respond because I can't imagine this life! I am a single mom and part of this vacation is for me to relax and have some kid free time. It's my vacation too! My son goes to the clubs for a couple of hours per day.

If your kids will definitely not leave your side then, yes, the adult areas will not be available to them or you.
I couldn't agree more, I am also a single mom- My life is devoted to my children and on this cruise i will actually have a glass of wine without worries, my children will be safe and happy and I deserve a little adult time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter