What's Vaughn Mills like?

princess pooh

<font color=deeppink>I bet there's some jerk livin
I'm going to Toronto at the end of the month and I was wondering if it's worth taking a trip to Vaughn Mills? Is it a nice mall? Do they have good deals there? TIA :)

Yes!!!

It's very nice... and big. I've been there a couple of times (during business trips) and found some great deals. Be picky!!!

If you're looking for Disney deals, I have found that the store in Ottawa has better prices.

I'll be back there at the end of the month too, during downtime in a conference.

I think it's worth the trip to Vaughan!

There is a good Chinese restaurant there too! It's called Sueshan Sueshan (sp) at the far end of the mall.

Even the Bass Pro Shop is fun to look in!

It reminds me of those great big American Outlet malls. If you've been to the ones in Miami, you'll know what I'm referring to. Make sure you have your walking shoes! (but they have the best deals in shoes!)

I go there for the Ben and Jerry's. :teeth:

I'm a bit disappointed with the Disney Store but sometimes there seems to be stuff for adults...not much. I console myself with a scoop of Cherry Garcia when i can't find anything there. :rotfl2:

It's not really a huge outlet mall like in Florida -- it just has different stores than other malls, with a few outlets thrown in.

I like to go for the Children's Place. They usually have deep-discounts towards the end of seasons.

In regards to the Disney Store, I have always found better deals at local stores. In fact, in the summer when the Disney Stores were having their semi-annual 50% off sale, Vaughan Mills was only offering 25% for the same stock!

Here's their website if you want to see which stores you have, but great deals are not guaranteed:

http://www.vaughanmills.com/static/node959.jsp;jsessionid=aK4HopreS_96pucx94

We were recently there and I bought a ton of stuff at the Disney store there. It was much cheaper than the regular Disney store. I ended up spending close to $100 on Power Rangers light up runners, 2 children sweatshirts, 2 children Pirates PJ's, 2 pairs of flip flops, 2 Power Rangers shirts and I some other stuff.
I really like the Mexx store which had some great deals as well as Tommy Hilfiger. Not all the stuff is cheaper though. We had a great egg meal at this egg restaurant -- I love all day breakfasts!

Personally I think the mall is a waste, I don't think I have EVER found a good deal there. I think there is too many "upper scale" stores for it to be considered an outlet mall. When I think outlet I think DIRT CHEAP! I DO love the Rocky Mountain Chocolatier though :rolleyes1. I think they need a Zellers/Walmart/Sears or Bay in there. Also they have no drug store which I find odd.

Thanks everyone! It looks like we'll be staying at the Hilton in Vaughan so I guess it's worth checking out. I just hope there will be some good deals. My wardrobe is strating to look pretty sad!

I like the Vaughan Mills mall, but I haven't been able to do the whole mall in one trip. It is a decent size and can get a little crowded in the holiday season, but what mall isn't. I haven't been down there in a while. Ever since the renovated Georgian mall in Barrie reopened.

If I remember correctly, the Disney store there is actually an Outlet. You can usually find a good deal on stuff that is on clearance.

We went two winters ago, but we found such good deals. My husband got dress shoes for $27, and I found a great winter jacket for $30. The winners is also amazing. I'm dying to go back, once I start working again, and have some $$!

Gotta agree with the folks that think it's amazing! I convinced my mum to take me out there on one of our trips here and now that I'm back to living here I go whever I can! lol! Love, love, LOVE that Disney store though! Way better deals than I've found at the other Disney stores in TO that I go to for the most part. Love the Winners there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter