What's up with this???????

Margaret West

Disney Believer
I am trying to make ressies for Nov 5-9th and there are no rooms availble except for FW and AS resorts. Are all the resorts going to be full? This is the first time I have ever had a hard time finding rooms at WDW. My choices were WL, POR, and CR. I checked both online and called CRO. Even the DC and Disney Visa packages weren't available. Does anyone have any thoughts on why this could be happening?

Maybe you could try something like Delta Dream Vacations.Years ago I was able to get a room I couldn't get directly with Disney.I don't know if it's still that way but it's probably worth a try.Good Luck!

I was just on the AAA site, and it's true, most of the resorts are even sold out on there for those dates, and I often have luck seeing availability on there when Disney is saying sold out. But they did have the Boardwalk standard view, All-Star music standard, or All-Star sports preferred or standard, if you're a AAA member and can reserve that way.

That weekend is the teacher's convention in New Jersey. All public school kids are off and I think almost the whole state travels to Disney!!! We went 3 years ago and at the beginning of some of the shows the CMs asked who was from NJ. Over half of the audience raised their hands. LOL

I am going that same weekend and was as shocked as you to find that everything was full. We are DVC and could not get into any of those resorts. We finally got, what I was told, was one of the last rooms at POR.

It is NJ week, Super Soap weekend, and the end of the Food and Wine Festival. I guess I will have to put my patience hat for this trip since the parks will be CROWDED!

Oh, well, we've dealt with crowds before. And shorts and swimming weather in Nov are enough to make it a great trip!

Actually, Pleasure Island will be crowded, MGM might be a little crowded, but the rides will have a 15 min wait MAX!;) MK will be crowded on Fri, Sat and Sunday. I am going to AK on Friday and MK that night! See you all there! Wear your lime green ribbons!!;)

Thanx everyone. I will keep calling CRO and I will try my TA friend to see if she can help me find something. Keep those fingers crossed that I get a room.:)

The Dolphin shows availability through the Dreams Unlimited system (even with gov't/teachers/nurse's discount for $129++ and Entertainment rate around $147++). Did you try through Expedia and Travelocity (although I'd read that people could only book packages for this time period)? Different travel agencies get different allotments of rooms, and these may go back into the general Disney pool when it gets closer to the date. Good luck!

{We just happened to book that week, not really believing it would get this filled up, so let's hope it's sunny and the pool is warm. We plan to "do the parks" early in the week.}

We were at WDW the first week of Nov. last year and it was sooooo crowded! :eek: It's soap week and jersey week, with the biggest crowds I've seen at WDW in all the times I've been.

:( I may be out of luck for a WDW resort but might be able to get a hotel at DTD. This was a surprise trip given to me by my DH and my SIL is going with me. Just the girls ya know. I don't think the crowds will bother us that much, we are not thrill seekers and will not be riding a lot of the more popular rides;)

Just curious as we will be there that time period, when do the crowds start to subside? Will it be that busy into the week following also? Is it possible that only the WDW resorts are busy as they are offering special rates?

I would think that Jersey Week, Super Soap Weekend and a Tuesday Veteran's Day would keep the parks quite busy until the 11th. After that though, I think the crowds will decrease considerably. Just my guess, any other thoughts???

Originally posted by TigrLvsPooh
We were at WDW the first week of Nov. last year and it was sooooo crowded! :eek: It's soap week and jersey week, with the biggest crowds I've seen at WDW in all the times I've been.

TigrLvsPooh

I really find it hard to believe that last Nov. (when you were at WDW during Jersey week and Soaps weekend) it was the biggest crowds you had ever seen in all the times you been there. Looking at your list of dates you've been to WDW there are obviously some times of the year you've been there that had to be more crowded then the beginning of Nov. I don't mean to "call you out" on your post but your memory may be a little faulty.

It is also DTD "Festival of the arts" Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My daughter's middle school Jazz Band will be playing in the jazz festival on Saturday! (have to put a plug in for them! lol) Go listen if you have a chance--it will be at Pleasure Island somewhere. Supposed to be artists from all the country there too.

I really find it hard to believe that last Nov. (when you were at WDW during Jersey week and Soaps weekend) it was the biggest crowds you had ever seen in all the times you been there

I was there last year during all of these events and it was the most crowded I've ever seen Disney. I completely agree with Erika. We're talking a 50 minute wait for Jungle Cruise and 20 minutes for Small World. The parks were packed!

Erin :D

Originally posted by mrsltg
I was there last year during all of these events and it was the most crowded I've ever seen Disney. I completely agree with Erika. We're talking a 50 minute wait for Jungle Cruise and 20 minutes for Small World. The parks were packed!

Erin :D

are you talking about the weekends being packed or during the week?

Try the web sites (Expedia, etc.) that handle on site rooms. They buy blocks of rooms, so they sometimes have rooms left when the hotel is "sold out."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter