What's up with River Countyr?

WDW4us2003

Mouseketeer
I know River Country is closed indefinitely. Is it now permanently closed, and if so, does anyone know what they are going to do with that area??

It may be nothing ore than a wild rumor, but on our last trip, one of the bus drivers told us they were thinking about reopening it as another themed water park. She thought it was something like Volcano Land. She wasn't sure of the time frame, but thought it was supposed to be in 2005.

I know, I know, that's what I get for listening to a bus driver, but it would be kind of neat, huh?

But it is still there! It's pretty cool to look at...spooky and all overgrown. We rent water mice at the contemporary and ride by every visit! I had my kids all psyched-up to see it from the water and the first time I rounded the corner i was sent reeling back to HS and some really great memories! Everything is in place as it was 20 years ago it just now shares space(lots of space) with mother nature.....quite a mix....fantasy meets reality!!!

I was told by a CM that the reason it closed was because they couldn't control the bacteria levels b/c it didn't have a concrete bottom. He said that they were planning on redoing the park as a volcano water park like Mickey said. He also said that this and another new water park would be added in the next 10 years...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter