What's up with Girls NOT SHAVING???

I am not talking about man at all. I am another person who believes that hair on men is more attractive. But when it comes to woman I do believe it to be a bit un clean just because I am a woman and know what it is like if I miss a day or two of shaving! There are tons of things woman did before the 1900 that would be considered very unclean today! But, those were much different times when they did not know as much as we do today! If a woman has more hair under their arms they are going to sweat and smell more there, alittle gross IMO.

You say it has nothing to do with hygiene but there you are shaving a lot!

And if we went to get technical about the meaning of hygiene, webster's states it as : a science of the establishment and maintenance of health. So, its not even technically about staying clean. But like I said before excess hair makes you sweat more which makes you less clean so I do believe you can associate it with being clean.

Well, first of all, no, not shaving does not make you stinkier, if you wear deoderant. I had a rash under my arm and my doctor told me not to shave until it was completely clear. That was over a month! I used deoderant (which ended up being the cause of the rash, but that's another story) on both unshaved arm pits (figured I might as well let the other go while I was at it) and I smelled no differently than when I shaved every day.

Ok. Hygiene is " a science of the establishment and maintenance of health." What is unhealthy about having hair on your body. If anything, I think it would be healthier to have hair. It's there for a reason.

Does excess hair make you sweat more? That is an interesting question.

I shave because I prefer the look and feel of smooth legs and pits on myself. It is not for hygiene reasons. I shower daily, brush my teeth and wear deodorant for hygiene.

I wonder if those who think hair is a hygiene issue...do you shave it ALL? Ya know...

I shave because I prefer the look and feel of smooth legs and pits on myself. It is not for hygiene reasons. I shower daily, brush my teeth and wear deodorant for hygiene.

I wonder if those who think hair is a hygiene issue...do you shave it ALL? Ya know...

YOu bet I do. Well almost all.

I am not talking about man at all. I am another person who believes that hair on men is more attractive. But when it comes to woman I do believe it to be a bit un clean***

That makes no sense whatsoever. If it's clean on men, then it's clean on women.

Please lets not go there. :eek:

YOu bet I do. Well almost all.

Just to clarify we're on the same page...I'm talkin' 'bout "downtown". :lmao:

Cause if PIT hair is a hygiene issue, and leg hair is gross, it stands to reason that the nether-region hair is all a hygiene issue and must be removed completely as well.

Oh yeah. Same page

FWIW- Interesting thing I just read. Humans have less hair because nature decided it was easier to survive with less body hair because it retains heat. THerefore, we don't have as much as animals.

Also, it stated that hair on certain body parts was there to retain odor. Now, this was back in the dark ages and used for mating selections, (for me, this is much like an animal sniffs other animals rear ends) Personally I don't want any odor retained. If others do that is fine, but hair traps odor. Just smell your kids head when they come in from playng outside. Um, No thanks.

If women don't want to shave fine, but I don't understand it, never will.

And before this goes any further south, (figuratively and literally) I am now officially leaving this conversation. Everyone feel free to shave or not to shave, I don't understand not doing it, but I will never make fun of or talk about those who don't.

I am not talking about man at all. I am another person who believes that hair on men is more attractive. But when it comes to woman I do believe it to be a bit un clean just because I am a woman and know what it is like if I miss a day or two of shaving! There are tons of things woman did before the 1900 that would be considered very unclean today! But, those were much different times when they did not know as much as we do today! If a woman has more hair under their arms they are going to sweat and smell more there, alittle gross IMO.

You say it has nothing to do with hygiene but there you are shaving a lot!

And if we went to get technical about the meaning of hygiene, webster's states it as : a science of the establishment and maintenance of health. So, its not even technically about staying clean. But like I said before excess hair makes you sweat more which makes you less clean so I do believe you can associate it with being clean.

Yes, and as I said, it is because it is MY preference. It has absolutely nothing to do with my cleanliness. Hair, in and of itself, is not dirty. UNWASHED hair is dirty. Cleanliness and hygiene have nothing to do with washing. You can be hairy and washed. The majority of men do not shave their body hair, would you say they were dirty?

I would never want someone to see my underarm hair. It just doesn't feel like I'm properly groomed if I don't shave or waxed. It's very manly, even though women have it too. When I'm older and I get the chin hairs, they're getting waxed or plucked, too. Just because something is natural doesn't mean I want the world to see it.

To the ladies who don't shave or don't care about it, would you leave your chin hairs?

I wax my chin, moustache and eye brows on a regular basis. During the summer I also wax my underarms.

I have told my DDs when I am old and in a nursing home, they better make sure my face has no unsightly hair!

I am on the side that underarm hair and leg hair on women is yuck! Lots of things in life are natural but it doesn't make them good or something to aspire to.

Cause if PIT hair is a hygiene issue, and leg hair is gross, it stands to reason that the nether-region hair is all a hygiene issue and must be removed completely as well.
:thumbsup2 I completely agree. :)

What about the prepubescent girl comments? Does that bother you? I never really thought about it that way before, but when I do, it's pretty creepy.

Well it bothers me that someone would even think like that. I mean that is the last thing I think about, its more about just being clean, smooth, but I'm the type of person that just thinks hair is pretty gross, everywhere except for on your head. Call me Kooky. But a hair 3 inches long sticking off an ear or out of your nose, armpit whatever just kind of makes me go, wow, that would fit in so good at the Star Wars bar. :woohoo:

10 pages over armpit hair..

Amazing..

It is armpit hair. What difference in the world does it make to anyone here if some chick has hairy armpits?

Answer is none..

Amazing..

It is armpit hair. What difference in the world does it make to anyone here if some chick has hairy armpits?

Answer is none..

It's an extremely important topic, the Federal government is spending millions in grants through the Department of Health and Human Services for studying this very phenomenon. :cool2:

Amazing..

It is armpit hair.

Haha my thoughts exactly! I was like uh.... wow....

I personally like most of my body hairless and I'm one of those lucky ducks who has practically hairless legs. I only shave once a week? And you can't even tell if it's been 6 days, it's thin, sparse, light, strange really.

However, I have never thought of armpit hair as gross or disgusting. Or any body hair. I don't like the feel of coarse armpit hair but if some girl doesn't mind it then more power to her!

Beth Ditto anyone? I love her.

It's an extremely important topic, the Federal government is spending millions in grants through the Department of Health and Human Services for studying this very phenomenon. :cool2:

We are laughing at that, the sad part is, it may very well be true. :thumbsup2

What about the prepubescent girl comments? Does that bother you? I never really thought about it that way before, but when I do, it's pretty creepy.

Well if that's why someone preferred women that way, then yes it would be creepy. Just like it would be creepy if those who preferred women to be hairy wanted their women to look like apes. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter