• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's to become of the SSR preview center?

DisFamily2006

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Has anyone heard what's to become of the SSR preview center after the resort is sold out? That seems to be a pretty large area that they could do something really cool with, maybe a Chucky Cheese type of arcade/pizza joint or possibly add some raquet ball courts.

Thanks!

On my last trip, I was told that the Preview Center was once an Indoor Basketball court when the DI was there. It was part of the Spa.

I dont see them adding units, so lets hope for something fun!

LIFERBABE said:
On my last trip, I was told that the Preview Center was once an Indoor Basketball court when the DI was there. It was part of the Spa.

I dont see them adding units, so lets hope for something fun!

Another resturant would be nice. I think it's pretty far off right now, they still have a lot of points to sell. Why am I always thinking of FOOD? popcorn::

:offtopic: This is off topic but I just noticed the new off topic smiley face, cool. :offtopic:

That space hold enormous potential and could put SSR at the top of the booking list. I thought I had heard something about DVC not owning that portion of SSR????? :confused3 Anyone know for sure? My vote wouldn't go for a restaurant it would go for an entertainment venue like say a comedy club or OTB with legal gaming. Not going to happen but a man can dream right. :rolleyes1

DAVE

I vaguely remember reading a thread (a long time ago) that the DVC center at SSR was going to remain even after SSR sells out. Maybe they would just do something similar to the "Open House" room they have at BWV for tours at any new resorts... :confused3

My Guide told me that the SSR sales center was going to be the "permanent" home of DVC sales staff, etc even after SSR is sold out. They will use mock-ups, models, etc. of new resorts (which suggests to me that the DVC rooms are now "standardized" on the BWV/VWL/BCV/SSR standard). Also suggests to me that the next resort will not be something built in phases where you could do "previews" on site.

Blue&Gold said:
My Guide told me that the SSR sales center was going to be the "permanent" home of DVC sales staff, etc even after SSR is sold out.

Makes sense - it is a NICE sales center, all fancy and imagineered! It makes sense especially if the next DVC resort (or two?) is not in Florida.

corinnak said:
Makes sense - it is a NICE sales center, all fancy and imagineered! It makes sense especially if the next DVC resort (or two?) is not in Florida.

Or...if they decide to add on to what they already have. Such as expanding the WL Villas (which I think could probably be done, and there IS plenty of space at that resort to expand) or convert some of the Contemporary into DVC villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter