Whats the WORST thing you've ever seen at Disney ...

When I was on a trip with my friend back in the 90's, we were in line for BTMRR. We were ready to get loaded into the next train, and across the tracks, on the "unloading" side was a family with male senior citizen in one of those motorized scooters. Well, the next thing we knew, we heard someone in the family yell "Grandpa" in a panicked voice. Grandpa had driven his motorized scooter right down into the track of the rollercoaster and had fallen off.

The CM's went right to him, and then a quick announcement was made that due to an emergency, the ride was closed and we had to exit. I hope he was okay.

This one really gets me..... The worst ever is seeing people refuse to use the biometric finger scanner when they enter the park. ;)

[Note - The above comment is heavily laced with massive amounts of sarcasm.] :rolleyes:

I find it entertaining that people on this thread want to constantly disagree with what another poster thinks is the worst thing THEY saw at Disney, especially when that worst thing happens to be breastfeeding/child harnesses/leashes etc. If someone finds that having to witness and smell a diaper changing in-process right outside of a restroom the worst thing they have ever seen at Disney, why do others find the need to question it? If my entire trip is all sunshine and rainbows, and then on the last day I happened to witness non-discreet breastfeeding, then I would say for that trip, it was probably the worst thing I saw. It doesn't necessarily make it wrong or bad, just the worst thing I saw.

But back to the topic at hand, when thinking of the worst things I have seen at Disney:

1. The FP line for BTMRR stretch beyond Splash Mountain.

2. A cute attraction that stars Donald Duck, is all about Donald Duck, and is named after Mickey Mouse. :confused3 Such an injustice. Donald can never catch a break it seems.

2. A cute attraction that stars Donald Duck, is all about Donald Duck, and is named after Mickey Mouse. :confused3 Such an injustice. Donald can never catch a break it seems.

Ah, but that's the joke, isn't it? The "scheduled" show is Mickey's, but then Donald takes over. It's really pretty clever!

This one really gets me..... The worst ever is seeing people refuse to use the biometric finger scanner when they enter the park. ;)

[Note - The above comment is heavily laced with massive amounts of sarcasm.] :rolleyes:

Ah, but that is not nearly as bad as the poor folks who get stuck having to scan their fingers over and over and over and over and over.. Waiting for that little green light, all the while becoming frustrated and holding up the line.

I'll take someone who opts out of the scanner and whisks right in, any day!

I nursed my two children for over two years and many many times at WDW and very rarely did I see other nursing mothers. I'm Canadian, and I think because of the very restrictive maternity leaves in the US, many mothers have to stop nursing very early when they go back to work.:sad2:

It is much more common here to see nursing mothers.

First, I don't know what American maternity leave policies have to do with your argument, because I doubt even Canadian employers allow for a 4-year maternity leave. Here in America I had a five-month fully-paid maternity leave for each child, pretty good I would say.

Second, even if nursing older children in public with your breasts hanging out is a common thing in Canada, it is not common in America. When you go to another country, it is respectful to try to follow the customs of the country you are visiting. In America if you start indiscretely nursing a 4 year-old with your breasts hanging out you will offend some people, so better to do it in a private setting like a restroom.

Serioulsy people, think about what you are saying. First of all, as someone already said, public breastfeeding is allowed by law. There are not very many people out to flash people while they feed their child.

Secondly, how would you like to eat your breakfast, lunch, or dinner next to a bunch of toilets and the people using them?

If it offends you that much, just don't look. Problem solved!:thumbsup2

When we were in the midst of truly horrifying and perverted acts one year at Gay Days, we did not complain, we left. Again, problem solved.

You completely misunderstood my post. No one said they are against breastfeeding, I breastfed my own kids. Just have some decorum when you do it. Unlike in Europe and other countries, in America you need to cover up your breasts. There is a way to breastfeed without showing what you have, it really is not that difficult. People who are not covered either are not from America or just want attention.

You completely misunderstood my post. No one said they are against breastfeeding, I breastfed my own kids. Just have some decorum when you do it. Unlike in Europe and other countries, in America you need to cover up your breasts. There is a way to breastfeed without showing what you have, it really is not that difficult. People who are not covered either are not from America or just want attention.

I agree completely. I was specifically responding to the part of your post where you suggested it was better to breastfeed in the "restroom" aka next the toilets.

All I am saying is I am sure you do not want to eat your breakfast, lunch, or dinner next to a bunch of toilets simply because someone may not like the way you eat!:thumbsup2

I agree completely. I was specifically responding to the part of your post where you suggested it was better to breastfeed in the "restroom" aka next the toilets.

All I am saying is I am sure you do not want to eat your breakfast, lunch, or dinner next to a bunch of toilets simply because someone may not like the way you eat!:thumbsup2

Okay, the reason I mentioned a restroom is that at my work we have a nursing room in our restroom. I did not mean to breastfeed in a stall, LOL. There is often a lounge area of some sort. Otherwise, like I said, just put a blanket over you.

Now, back to topic!

The worst thing I saw in WDW was a man berating his 4 or 5 year old because he was too scared to go on Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride. He was calling him a baby and scaredy cat. He literally forced the kid to go on even thought the kid was sobbing. Even the CM there felt bad, she tried to smoothe things over but the dad would not listen. It really broke my heart.

I am all for breastfeeding, but if you choose to breastfeed a 4 year old child then there should be limitations. Either you cover up or wait until you go back to the resort for nap time. The child would be old enough to understand that they can have a drink to hold them over until quite time or nap time..This is my view on the subject and eveyone has a view..:confused3

"Finding Nemo: the Musical" Oh man was that Bad!!!:eek:

Going to get flamed for that.:3dglasses

I am all for breastfeeding, but if you choose to breastfeed a 4 year old child then there should be limitations. Either you cover up or wait until you go back to the resort for nap time. The child would be old enough to understand that they can have a drink to hold them over until quite time or nap time..This is my view on the subject and eveyone has a view..:confused3

I'm a guy so my knowledge on this subject is very limited. Four years old seems a little old to me though. But like I said I have very little knowledge on the subject. How old is to old to breastfeed a child?

We were in line to enter Magic Kingdom, this lady had shorts that were so short if she bent over well you get the picture. She cut in front of me pushing a baby stroller. I could not understand how someone would want shorts that short. :confused3

I'm a guy so my knowledge on this subject is very limited. Four years old seems a little old to me though. But like I said I have very little knowledge on the subject. How old is to old to breastfeed a child?

Well eveyone will have their own answer, I never breastfeed my children so I cant say really..

How old is to old to breastfeed a child?

I think that is a question best left for the debate board and not this one. It's amazing that the "most shocking" thread made it more than 2 years before it was closed. I give this one until the end of the week before it closes because of people debating off topic subjects like this one. :hourglass JMO

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter