• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what's the worst thing you've eaten at wdw?

French toast at Kona, made with VERY stale bread. I had always had a great breakfast there in the past, so I was disappointed. Others in my party thought the food quality had gone down in recent years. It seems to get a little worse with each trip.

Tony's town square I had the pizza never again and it was very expensive and they give you drinks in a itty bitty cup and never refill them. Service was awful. I only left a dollar tip and a big note of how bad it was. Also the bakery in Epcot at France I had a pastry that was gross. And the electric umbrella. Funny how you remember these things years after the event.

The worst for me was Ohana's meal, we hated everything but the salad & wings (& I saw a few people hated the wings, we really enjoyed those) but we hated everything else and hardly ate the meat & stuff they brought after. It was dry and unappetizing, the noodles were too sticky & the pot stickers had an off taste to them & i know people love eating there. & it didn't help that we waited for over an hour for the meal because their system was down & it was pure chaos but we had drinks at the bar to pass the time.
But to those who are nervous, pp mentioned Kona's which we love & some other things - cheese soup at Le Cellier for one which we liked a lot, so people's tastes are different or restaurants can have an off night or an off night on a certain dish, but after reading this thread I would never eat at a few restaurants mentioned because of the ton of bad reviews.

The worst thing I ever ate was at the Hollywood & Vine. After 3 years of therapy I was able to repress the memory and have now blocked out what it was...

The worst thing I ever drank was Polish wine at the F&W Festival. I can't remember the name, but I do remember it was bright red in color. The Polish beer, however, was very good and made an excellent chaser. :thumbsup2

What they refer to as "steak" at Sci Fi Dine In.
I literally could not cut it and it tasted disgusting and way way way too chewy.

Those nasty Turkey Legs!

I am one of those people that finish whatever the kids don't and can't bear to throw food away. However, we (adults and girl children) threw away those nasty turkey legs. BLECH!:sick:
My boys liked them. Meat on a bone, like little cavemen. :banana:

Either,

a) our last visit to Hollywood & Vine a few years ago (the whole meal was mostly nasty)

or,

b) the "baked beans" at Flame Tree in the AK - more like reddish brown wallpaper paste than any type of food. Certainly the absolute WORST excuse for baked beans I've ever seen anywhere. I doubt the ravenous birds that accost you at every turn even eat those wretched things.

The worst for me was Ohana's meal, we hated everything but the salad & wings (& I saw a few people hated the wings, we really enjoyed those) but we hated everything else and hardly ate the meat & stuff they brought after. It was dry and unappetizing, the noodles were too sticky & the pot stickers had an off taste to them & i know people love eating there. & it didn't help that we waited for over an hour for the meal because their system was down & it was pure chaos but we had drinks at the bar to pass the time.
But to those who are nervous, pp mentioned Kona's which we love & some other things - cheese soup at Le Cellier for one which we liked a lot, so people's tastes are different or restaurants can have an off night or an off night on a certain dish, but after reading this thread I would never eat at a few restaurants mentioned because of the ton of bad reviews.

I have to agree with you here..this was another bad meal for us too...We didn't like anything about it!!

I had some sort of chicken patty-type sandwich at Sci Fi. I am NOT a picky eater at ALL but I couldn't finish this meal. It was just chewy and tasted like it had no seasonings or flavor at all. It was like a chicken patty with a slab of lettuce on it. And I took the lettuce off. It was the worst thing I have eaten on property.

We live in Florida so we go to Disney at least 3 times a year--I laughed when I saw the original post because I usually lose weight when we go to WDW because the food is generally at best edible, so I really only eat enough to keep me going. We don't do the Dining Plan, and except for a few character meals, don't do meals that require reservations. My worst has to be anything at Cosmic Ray's--the food is bland and tasteless. Best has to be the salmon sandwich I had at Kona Cafe.

The worst thing I have ever eaten at WDW other than a bug that flew into my mouth while riding Expedition Everest had to be the Cuban Sandwich at ABC Commissary. On second thought, the bug was better. :lmao:

The second worst thing I ever ate at WDW was the cheeseburger my dd ordered at ABC Commissary. In fact, I can't recall a worse dining experience anywhere than this place. :scared1:

I did like one thing at ABC Commissary: it was the red sign above the door which said,

EXIT :rotfl2:

I would tell anyone new to these boards...be wary. I have had great meals and okay meals! I have been fortunate not to receive some of the Bad Meals and or poor service! As a previous Restaurant server and manager I understand some slip ups! But if you read... it is good try it... don't discount it. I am seeing that there are negative at Le Cellier. I have been there several times and it was very good! I have also eaten steaks at Morton's and Bones in Atlanta. You will get some ups and downs. As any theme parks you can get pretty mediocre food...counter service at the MK is pretty average as far as Ballpark food is. However I love Boma's, OHanas, Maya Grill, and Mama Melrose all sometimes get torn up but I feel they are good! I don't compare to Morton's or others at home, but for the dollar,,, Disney Table service is pretty good! :cool2:

Now that being said my worst is the Burgers or the Turkey Legs...Now I will get flamed for this

Soups were a big disappointment during our last trip. I was bummed because they were outstanding everywhere during both our 2008 trips. The French onion at Chefs de France wasn't hot and barely had any cheese. The broth was bland, but fortunately, everything else we got there was great. A cream of spinach soup at the Crystal Palace congealed into a gelatinous ball in the bowl. Liked everything else there though. :)

The cream of asparagus at 1900 Park Fare tasted like cream of grass. 1900 Park Fare dinner was really bad overall. The hostess snapped at me as we were sitting down. She seated four of us at tiny table for three next to the kitchen door. I asked if she had anthing else, and she literally screamed at me to take or nothing! We should have walked out then. Their knives were like paddles; I couldn't cut a thing with them, least of all the shoe leather they carve inches thick and try to pass off as roast beef.

During our 6/02 trip, I ordered filet mignon at both the Yachtsman Steakhouse and Boatwright's. It had a nasty liver-ish kind of flavor in both restaurants. I think WDW got a delivery of lousy filet that week.

I am one of those people that finish whatever the kids don't and can't bear to throw food away. However, we (adults and girl children) threw away those nasty turkey legs. BLECH!:sick:
My boys liked them. Meat on a bone, like little cavemen. :banana:

Haha, I love them! But I really love meat.

Soups were a big disappointment during our last trip. I was bummed because they were outstanding everywhere during both our 2008 trips. The French onion at Chefs de France wasn't hot and barely had any cheese. The broth was bland, but fortunately, everything else we got there was great. A cream of spinach soup at the Crystal Palace congealed into a gelatinous ball in the bowl. Liked everything else there though. :)

The cream of asparagus at 1900 Park Fare tasted like cream of grass. 1900 Park Fare dinner was really bad overall. The hostess snapped at me as we were sitting down. She seated four of us at tiny table for three next to the kitchen door. I asked if she had anthing else, and she literally screamed at me to take or nothing! We should have walked out then. Their knives were like paddles; I couldn't cut a thing with them, least of all the shoe leather they carve inches thick and try to pass off as roast beef.

During our 6/02 trip, I ordered filet mignon at both the Yachtsman Steakhouse and Boatwright's. It had a nasty liver-ish kind of flavor in both restaurants. I think WDW got a delivery of lousy filet that week.

The soup at The Wave is actually really good, they even give you bite sized grilled cheese (I think it's brie) to go with it!

The worst thing I have ever eaten was the mac and cheese at chef mickeys.
The second worst thing I have ever eaten at WDW was the whole hot breakfast at the Christal Palace in MK.

I'm so relieved to see that most of the signature restaurants have escaped without too many slings and arrows. I've been worried about the food quality slipping because of the DDP, so we're doing mostly signature next trip (except for 'Ohana and Le Cellier - I won't believe 'Ohana sucks now until I experience it for myself, sadly. *sheds a tear for the scalloped potatoes*).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter