• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what's the worst thing you've eaten at wdw?

It wasn't horrible, but I didn't care for the milkshakes at WCC. Everybody seemed to enjoy them on here. I thought they tasted like soft serve ice cream with the flavor mxed in. I tried chocolate first and it tasted like they added powdered chocolate mix to it. Then I tried the vanilla, it was slightly better but not much.

I really liked the one at 50's Prime Time. Even the one at Sci-Fi last year seemed much better than WCC's.

We ate at the Italian restaurant in Epcot-- Alfredo's and I ordered pasta with shrimp in a red sauce. I cringe when I think of that dinner. It tasted like the filthy ocean! We eat shrimp some way or another at least 1-2 times per week....that was one bad shrimp dish.
We have never been back in over 9 years :scared:and never will.

It's not there anymore. ;)

I'm not a hot dog snob. Beef, pork, turkey... I don't care. Condiments are whatever I feel like at the time... but omg, the hot dogs on WDW property are absolutely trash now with BS buns to go with them.

I think I'd rather skip a meal than eat another one of those hot dogs.

EASY... the lil pizzas @ Pinnochio's Village Haus. It was dreadful!!! was alllll tomato sauce, cold in the middle and the bread was still doughy.

OHHHHHHHH... I forgot about those! They were TERRIBLE! Never, ever, EVER again! I don't mind the pizza on property but that place doesn't know how to make them well. I like the pizza at Gasparilla (sp?), the GF CS.

We just went in December and the worst meal we've ever had in Disney was at the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco at Epcot. Truthfully it was the worst stuff I've ever tried to eat anywhere & we're not picky!!
We ended up eating about 1/2 of it but then spent the next several hours hoping it would stay down. Never, ever again.

Can't believe any decent TS place doesn't serve ice tea. San Angel Inn had instant sweet tea, awful stuff & no unsweet tea.

Everything else we had everywhere was delicious. I can't say enough good about CS at Wolfgang Puck Express!

I don't think anyone enjoys the Beverly. I do enjoy watching the faces people make after taking their first sip though. I remember the first time I tried it and wish I had a picture of my face so I could see it.

While it's not the best, my friend and I get some each time we're there. I guess we like torturing our taste buds....

Worst was the roast beef (or whatever it was) that was once served at Pinocchio's Village Haus. It's not even on the menu anymore.

Other than that, I haven't had any bad food experiences.

The cream cheese pretzels... it was about the only thing I threw out after taking 2 bites.

havent read them all, but Pizza, have yet to find a decent pizza at WDW.. WORST offender HAD to be peace of pizza at POP.. O... M... G.... how horrible and nasty that was.. I am surprised I wasnt mad enough to complain about it, but I didnt..

havent read them all, but Pizza, have yet to find a decent pizza at WDW.. WORST offender HAD to be peace of pizza at POP.. O... M... G.... how horrible and nasty that was.. I am surprised I wasnt mad enough to complain about it, but I didnt..

Perhaps you should try the pizza at the Haus... it'll make the Pizza at Pop delicious :)

I have to wonder, with the exception of places like restaurants run w/ their own meuns and have chefs doing those recipes, if all of the pizza (at least for CS) is made at the same place for Disney and shipped? I.E. a food service? (Do they not like to use salty cheese? I LOVE salty cheese and salt adds so much) I have to ask because it all seems to taste the same. Bland and flavorless. On our recent DCL cruise as well, it tasted the very same. Looked good but has no taste to it and the crust was doughy half the time. Or maybe it's just the Disney counter service standard pizza is made in one place and shipped around. :confused:

Sooo. you're saying that pizza at the Haus (wherever that is) is WORSE then POP you thought???

Pinocchio Village Haus in Fantasyland, and yes! It's definitely better, which isn't saying much because I know the pizza at Pop is awful too as I've had it a couple of times, but that pizza in PVH is DISGUSTING!

I have to wonder, with the exception of places like restaurants run w/ their own meuns and have chefs doing those recipes, if all of the pizza (at least for CS) is made at the same place for Disney and shipped? I.E. a food service? (Do they not like to use salty cheese? I LOVE salty cheese and salt adds so much) I have to ask because it all seems to taste the same. Bland and flavorless. On our recent DCL cruise as well, it tasted the very same. Looked good but has no taste to it and the crust was doughy half the time. Or maybe it's just the Disney counter service standard pizza is made in one place and shipped around. :confused:

We had REALLY good pizza @ the Pepper Market, Coronado Springs. They do make it fresh, to order - and we did order it, several times. By far the best pizza on property & if you have a QS/CS credit you get the pizza, drink & dessert, awesome value.

I'm not sure, I had watched a special episode of Unwrapped on the Food Network one night and they were talking about the pizza at Pizzafari in AK. They were showing that at that restaurant alone (not sure if all the CS pizza places have this or not) have a conveyor belt machine where they can pump out so many pizzas at a given time.

The worst thing I have eaten at WDW was Chicken Couscous at Marrakesh Restaurant. I had some great things and some no so great, but this chickent couscous was the worst!

Most of the CS places seem to have the same pizza, and I would be surprised if it WASN'T the same product. But it's also cooked differently and that's the key to me. Conveyer belt pizzas (not just WDW pizzas) are almost always subpar to any other pizza anyway but the pizza really needs to be cooked all the way through and served hot. This is where Pinocchio Village Haus comes in...

... I've had the pizza here a few times as I don't mind WDW in general but everytime I get the pizza, it's so gross I never finish it. It's always undercooked, not just doughy (because I like doughy sometimes) but undercooked as in the pizza in the middle is still cold.

Of that same kind of pizza that is served all over WDW, I think the pizza at Pizzafari is the best of those, it's always cooked thoroughly but not burnt either. And yes, ovens can be different...

Gasparilla (GF) and POFQ food court (I can't remember the name of it now) have different pizza from the standard WDW pizza and it's not bad!

I don't expect stellar pizza from a theme park or it's resorts so I don't hold my standards high but there are some that are just icky... PVH is the one that immediately comes to mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter