Whats the story on bands??

kmac2384

Earning My Ears
Okay, so, I saw on Disney blog that there are wristband accessories about a month ago but have not heard anything since. Are the wristbands in full swing for all resort guests or are they still in beta and select guests using it??

Also, Id love to hear feedback from People who have used this. (Preferably people who have been to Disney so many times they have lost count) I only say that because we go a lot and know how to navigate Disney. So, I guess I'm looking for Disney goers that are used to the old system and have experienced new things.

Also, because we go a lot, we rarely plan anything out. We just go with the flow. This MDE thing has every moment planned for you. Wondering if there is anyone like us who do things the same way and find the setup less helpful.

Thanks in advance!!!

Kate

Okay, so, I saw on Disney blog that there are wristband accessories about a month ago but have not heard anything since. Are the wristbands in full swing for all resort guests or are they still in beta and select guests using it??

Also, Id love to hear feedback from People who have used this. (Preferably people who have been to Disney so many times they have lost count) I only say that because we go a lot and know how to navigate Disney. So, I guess I'm looking for Disney goers that are used to the old system and have experienced new things.

Also, because we go a lot, we rarely plan anything out. We just go with the flow. This MDE thing has every moment planned for you. Wondering if there is anyone like us who do things the same way and find the setup less helpful.

Thanks in advance!!!

Kate

They are still testing for right now. I know some of the places that are testing them, like AKL, have the accessories.

That's what I thought and I heard they rolled it out to BLT/Contemporary ( which is our DVC home resort) but we aren't staying there this time. Boo.

Thanks in advance!!!

Kate

I'd like to know too. As my signature says, I've been going at least once a year since I was 3 years old, and I'm curious to how these bands work. So far, my mother and I have not been impressed with the new website. We've been having a lot of problems with it. Like I currently have two annual passes listed on mine. One expires dec 31, 2030 and one for March 2, 2014. I wish the one for 2030 was correct.:lmao: Maybe the website will get better after the bugs have been worked out.

Once we get to the parks. we generally just go with the flow too. I can't wait to hear more about these bands and whether everyone will have to use them or if they are optional.

I'd like to know too. As my signature says, I've been going at least once a year since I was 3 years old, and I'm curious to how these bands work. So far, my mother and I have not been impressed with the new website. We've been having a lot of problems with it. Like I currently have two annual passes listed on mine. One expires dec 31, 2030 and one for March 2, 2014. I wish the one for 2030 was correct.:lmao: Maybe the website will get better after the bugs have been worked out.

Once we get to the parks. we generally just go with the flow too. I can't wait to hear more about these bands and whether everyone will have to use them or if they are optional.

I didn't know there was a quarter century pass. LMAO. What does that run? 100k? Haha.

Anyway, so like me you are not seeing the benefits. I was telling this to one of the girls I work with. I'm sure this is great for people who have only been a few times. Based off of me chatting with people who have never been to Disney do not realize the enormity of it all. They think its just some amusement park like six flags. Also, If they really have never been, the entire experience can be overwhelming. How are they going to know what they want fast passes for? I dunno....I assume that Disney has already thought of that, though.

Like I currently have two annual passes listed on mine. One expires dec 31, 2030 and one for March 2, 2014. I wish the one for 2030 was correct.:lmao:

I just purchased three annual passes. The 2030 date appears to be the default expiration for AP vouchers. One the voucher is converted to an AP, the date should change to reflect the AP expiration date.

So now I'm wondering. Since you guys are APs, will you ever get a band. I assume you guys live locally so no need to stay on property or a dining plan. You aren't planning FPs 60 days in advance. So... ::confused::

I can't wait to see what all they come out with. Star Wars ones for me please

Ah, then for your sake I sincerely hope the Star Wars land is true. I know so many people who would love to see this. I am not a Star Wars fanatic but I enjoy the movies. I got a huge kick out of Star Wars weekends, mostly because of the guests who dressed up and participated.

So now I'm wondering. Since you guys are APs, will you ever get a band. I assume you guys live locally so no need to stay on property or a dining plan. You aren't planning FPs 60 days in advance. So... ::confused::

AP holders were able to exchange "paper" APs for RFID-enabled admission media a few months ago. At that time, Disney showed the AP holders MagicBands. Everything I have read, including on the Disney Parks Blog, indicates that AP holders will get MagicBands when they are ready.

As for being local, I wish Central Pennsylvania was a short drive to WDW. :rotfl2:

Tons of DVC owners get annual passes. We stay on site and travel pretty far to visit. It's cheaper to buy an AP and visit twice within one calendar year.

AP holders were able to exchange "paper" APs for RFID-enabled admission media a few months ago. At that time, Disney showed the AP holders MagicBands. Everything I have read, including on the Disney Parks Blog, indicates that AP holders will get MagicBands when they are ready.

As for being local, I wish Central Pennsylvania was a short drive to WDW. :rotfl2:

Tons of DVC owners get annual passes. We stay on site and travel pretty far to visit. It's cheaper to buy an AP and visit twice within one calendar year.

Ah okay, so you will get bands. I guess if you have enough points you could go down twice a year or at least once within a year. We are also DVC but it doesn't make sense to be annual holders. Now that I've received a lot of info, I have no desire to get one. Ill just wait until I have no other option. Thanks.

As a Guest I was excited to use the magic bands, but as a concierge Cast Member I had my reservations. The three past per day, 1 park per day limitation had me concerned. So you can imagine my excitement when I had the opportunity to use the Magic Bands on two test nights. I stayed at the Beach club one night and the following week stayed at French Quarter.

First, let me address the concerns with the website. In its current state, the vast majority of our Guests are not seeing a full version of the website. You are able to see only the functional aspects of the site for your access level. To simplify, the full website is not live for all Guests, just the Guests that have been selected to test. Any Guest selected to test My Disney Experience (MDX) has a MDX eligible account. Everyone else is currently inelligble and does not have full access to the website functionality. WIth that in mind, the website makes a lot more sense and has far fewer bugs when you account is eligble. When we go live with MDX all Guest accounts will be eligible.

As far as Fast Pass usage goes. Setting up fast passes via the web site and ipad is fairly straightforward. Guests can select up to three passes per day for any so long as they have tickets associated with their account.Redeeming passes is very rewarding in the parks. The touch points seem to activate as a white light spins around mickey's head before going green to let you into the attraction line.

Making changes on the fly is fairly straightforward too. Guests can change either the attraction or the time of the passes. However it is currently not possible to change both at the same time.

Overall, I found my experience in the parks using the system to be a pleasant one. Now, keep in mind, as a Cast Member with daily access to the parks, my opinion of the system is skewed. I am hoping that a system is developed to allow more than three passes or to allow multiple parks per day. These are both in the works, but not guranteed to go live ever.

Annual pass holders will have access to Fast Pass+, but at this time details on that are not exactly clear even amongst CMs.

I'm not sure I like the whole idea of FP+ and choosing your FP in advance. What if I don't feel like going to that particular park the day I chose so far in advance? We just bought DVC and the annual pass, but won't be activating it until we get there. How does FP+ benefit us? It doesn't! For example..2013 we are going in August, but 2014 in July, thus getting a good value for the AP. However, we won't be buying/using the next AP until July/August 2015 and doing the same thing by activating it when we get there. So every other year we won't technically have tickets until we actually get to WDW meaning we have no tickets to link to MDX. Once FP+ is fully implemented, we will be victims of no fastpasses being available by the time we get to WDW. I just think it is ridiculous.

Additionally, my thoughts are that FP in general (+ or not) should be a privilege for 2 types of guests: on-site and FL Residents. In this way, Disney would gain benefit by having another incentive to stay on-site. It IS something special and should be offered as such. Personally, I would be willing to pay for a fastpass system like Universal has. And if I remember correctly, it is only for guests staying at their hotel.

I received my Magicbands in the mail today for a my trip which starts on Aug 23. I have made my fast pass+ reservations and have seen how easy it is to change them right from my smartphone. I was worried at first that it would give me less flexibility in my trip but decided to opt into the program to see what it was all about.

I am not an AP holder. Just someone who goes once a year.

I received my Magicbands in the mail today for a my trip which starts on Aug 23. I have made my fast pass+ reservations and have seen how easy it is to change them right from my smartphone. I was worried at first that it would give me less flexibility in my trip but decided to opt into the program to see what it was all about.

I am not an AP holder. Just someone who goes once a year.

When were you notified that you would be texting? Was it about 3 weeks out by chance?

Hi,
I don't know if I will be a MB recipient or not, can anyone shed light? I am currently a PAP and DVC member. I have set-up My Disney Experience and have my PAP linked to it as well as NOJ tickets, I've made several dining reservations through MDE and a couple fast pass + events. By the way, one particular advantage of the fastpass+ is I was able to set-up my lunch time at BOG in the new fantasyland. I am so glad to know I won't have to wait in that line, I hear it can be lengthy. While I don't recall having had the opportunity to customize my MB when I click on the MB link on MDE it asks me if I have a MB to link. Ok, should I be expecting a MB in the mail, or will I get one when I arrive on property with my paper PAP or should I not expect that I will get a MB for this trip? Any ideas?

has anyone heard when they will be available to all guests at all resorts? And with these coming will it change the other current method of fast past?

Hello, we are traveling late Oct- early Nov. We have rented a DVC, and purchased our tickets separately. I am waiting for them to show in the mail, and will then link them to MDE/MDX. Has anyone done this yet, and received access to the Magic Bands and FP+?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter