• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

what's the shortest time you ever planned a trip to Disney?

On Easter Sunday (4/24), I was really frustrated with things at home and decided that a week vacation for May seemed like a good idea. Plus, my birthday was the 2nd week of May. And, the weather in NE Ohio was unseasonably cold and rainy, even for Ohio standards.

On Tuesday (4/26), we booked everything (flights from NE Ohio, doggie hotel at home, room at Pop [AP discount]) for a Monday, 5/9, arrival with a departure on Saturday, 5/14.

So, basically two weeks.

Bear in mind that, in February, we planned a September 2011 vacation that we are still going on.

On Easter Sunday (4/24), I was really frustrated with things at home and decided that a week vacation for May seemed like a good idea. Plus, my birthday was the 2nd week of May. And, the weather in NE Ohio was unseasonably cold and rainy, even for Ohio standards.

On Tuesday (4/26), we booked everything (flights from NE Ohio, doggie hotel at home, room at Pop [AP discount]) for a Monday, 5/9, arrival with a departure on Saturday, 5/14.

So, basically two weeks.

Bear in mind that, in February, we planned a September 2011 vacation that we are still going on.

Ok, now I don't feel bad or crazy because were going a week before halloween :)

Just a few hours.....It was afternoon Christmas Day 2009. My dd is a single mom & the grandkids went home with their father til New Year's so we called booked a room & left for WDW Christmas night.

It was the day I had my 17 year old doggie companion put to sleep. DH and I could not stand to be at home without him. It was so empty we were heart borken. DH suggested we head to Disney. I got flights and a ressie at the Swan and we threw a few shorts and t-shirts in a suitcase and went to Disney to help heal our hearts. While not the most happy trip we have had the distraction was a God send. Having annual passes helps with short notice or more frequent trips.

Still miss my pup.

ONE DAY--actually lass than 24 hours. Last year we were vacationing in Savannah,GA. My husband suggested that since we were so close--Why didn't we just go to Disney for a week. I called and we got reservations for PO Riverside for the next day!! I spent the rest of the night planning our trip to see Mickey.

On the Tuesday before Columbus Day in 2001 Judy called me at work and said there was a good deal on rooms coming up. We each asked our bosses for Friday off.

There was a $25 per night special at the Courtyard on Hotel Plaza Blvd (now the Holiday Inn). We made airline reservations for after work on Thursday and returned Monday evening.

The cost for parking at Dulles, air fare for both of us, rental car, and four nights in the hotel was $513. We had our Annual Passes and never worried about food costs as we tended to eat out a lot anyway.

So it was less than 2½ days for a four night trip from 900 miles away.

A couple of days.

Monday, DH started saying we should make a quick trip to Disney so he could buy/trade some Vinyls. I thought it was crazy and thought I'd never be able to get work covered for my shifts that week. Tuesday I gave it a try & asked some other nurses if they'd switch with me in the event we actually ended up going. DH found out Wednesday he definitely wouldn't have to go out of town for work that weekend, so the trip became a reality. I worked Thursday while DH gassed up the car, did the laundry, and booked a room at our timeshare, Wyndham Bonnet Creek. And Friday we drove to Disney! It was a VERY short trip...just Friday afternoon when we arrived at DTD, Saturday at MK, and Sunday at DHS, then drove home Monday. And I was 25 weeks pregnant! The heat was miserable (we have only ever gone during the cooler months), but we had a GREAT time, and it was a nice way to get a quick Disney fix before the baby arrived! :goodvibes

Three days! Last year my fiance (then boyfriend) surprised me the week before labor day. On the Tuesday before Labor Day he emailed me plane tickets to go to Disney World that Saturday. So I had Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to plan! We got engaged in the park (at CRT) and it was a great trip. We are going back for our honeymoon this September. :goodvibes

1 hour!!!

Seriously, the big snowstorm was coming into the DC area, we already had 25 inches or so and my school got canceled for the entire week (I'm a teacher." It was Tuesday morning, so I said "Let's go! I don't want to be trapped in this house for next 6 days!!" We actually had teh next monday off for President's Day, so we drove down Tuesday night/ Wednesday, spend Thur - Sunday in the parks, and drove home monday. It was amazing!! I got on the phone and made room ressies on the way, which worked out great, and used my smartphone to make some dining ressies. It was a low stress trip that I don't know I'll ever be able to duplicate. :)

About one week. I decided at the last minute to accompany my husband on a business trip. I had just recovered from surgery and DH and I both needed some time alone from our kids. There was no stress in picking out the perfect hotel because we were staying at DH's conference hotel (off-site). While DH was in meetings I was at the parks alone and it was wonderful! It was in Feburary and not crowded at all. My boys still have no idea that mommy went to Disney without them! :)

Three months was the shortest amount of time before we actually went. With so many ADR's (aarrgg) I would be too anxious. Besides we live a good six hours away. Spur of the moment would be nice just not feasible for us.:rotfl:

About 4 days!

DH and I were supposed to go SCUBA diving in the FL Keys, but about 5 days beforehand it looked like a major hurricane was going to hit the Keys and they were evacuating. We already had plane tix, a babysitter, and our office was undergoing a renovation during our trip. So we had to go somewhere, that week!

Woke up the next morning and canceled the whole first trip. Got our plane tix changed due to the weather, booked a hotel at WDW and a car, and left four days later. Amazingly we were able to get a last-minute reservation to do DiveQuest in the Epcot aquarium, so we still got to dive!

PHXscuba

The first time we went as a family, I started thinking about a trip 3 weeks out, and actually booked 2 weeks prior. I didn't know people planned trips for months or years in advance (i've now joined that group!) :scared1:

I'm saad to see how quickly some of you were able to book. Back in January, my kids had a week of snow days off school, followed by MLK. My DH and I talked about just leaving for Disney on Friday and coming back Monday. We didn't have anything better to do, but somehow, we didn't do it. I feel we missed a fun opportunity :sad1:

I'm going to do a solo trip later this year for about 4 days.. I think a month would be the closest I could do, but we'll see.

47 days, and it was our best trip to date! I was able to book every single ADR I wanted (and this was during Free Dining so I spent hours checking for openings). And I made a very detailed plan for every single day. All that planning at the last minute was so worth it. :thumbsup2 I can't imagine booking a trip just weeks or days before! We book our flights way in advance.

One day. We were at Sea World and my dh said "Why not go to MK tomorrow?". So I got on my cell phone and within ten minutes had a WDW hotel and tickets paid for. :) Besides that it was three weeks and I thought I was going to die while waiting... This trip we are planning 6 months out and I'm wondering if I can fit in a weekend trip before we go in December because I have the Disney bug.

About 7 hours!!!!
My parents, sister, BIL,and niece had planned a trip last Nov. and wanted me to go as well since I had just gotten laid off and was able to go (I'm a teacher and would never be able to go otherwise) so thought it was the perfect opportunity!! They were trying to talk me into it for months but felt guilty leaving my family. Because I was laid off and we had just returned from WDW 3 months ago we could only afford for me to go alone.
Well the day my sister got there I talked to here and she was telling me all about it. The next morning I called and she told me how much fun the BBB was and eating @ the castle. That was it I needed to go so I called my husband and talked it over with him still not sure if I should do it. He ended up buying the plane tix for me before I could change my mind!! OMG I am not a spontaneous person by any means. I was driving to the airport by 4:00p and I have never flown alone before I was a nervous wreck. But also so excited about the trip.
BTW this is an awesome idea for a thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter