What's the scoop on October INTO November?

Truelovernr1122

Raising Disney Lovers
My family and I have only ever vacationed to Disney in June, July or August. It's hot, it's humid and it's always very crowded. We've decided to try out a new time of year and see Disney during the fall!

I was hoping to get the scoop on everything October into November. Our dates are the 30th to the 5th.

What are the crowds like during that time of year?

Will we get to see Halloween decorations AND Christmas decorations (or do the Christmas decorations not go up until much later in November?)

Will it be a different experience from the summer months?

Anyone who's been there during October/November, I'd love to hear your take on the World! Anything you think I might need to know would be GREAT! I always have tips for those vacationing in the summer months, but I have no tips for myself during the fall... please help! :goodvibes

I am interested in seeing responses because me and my family are planning on going the same week in 2012.

Happy planning!

You will see Halloween decorations and most likely Christmas as well (at least at the Magic Kingdom). They start putting the Christmas decorations up after the last Halloween party and before the first MVMCP.

Crowds aren't usually high. It's one of my favorite times of the year.

I went last year at the end of Oct. and the weather was wonderful and the crowds were very manageable. I am going again this year from Oct. 29th to Nov. 11th so I can see both Fall and Christmas decorations. The last MNSSHP will be Nov. 1st and the first MVMCP will be Nov. 8th. I understood that the Christmas decor will be up in MK by the first party and there will be a few things up in other locations. DHS will have Osborne Family dancing lights with the first opportunity to see them on Nov. 10th (whew, any later and I'd miss them). I hear the majority of Christmas decor does not go up until just after Thanksgiving, though with one of the latest additions being the Christmas tree in MK, which does not go up until the taping of the Christmas Parade in December.

So excited to hear this! We've never gone during a holiday and getting to see the halloween decorations and even a few Christmas decorations before we leave will be a fun experience for all of us! :banana:

I went last year at the end of Oct. and the weather was wonderful and the crowds were very manageable. I am going again this year from Oct. 29th to Nov. 11th so I can see both Fall and Christmas decorations. The last MNSSHP will be Nov. 1st and the first MVMCP will be Nov. 8th. I understood that the Christmas decor will be up in MK by the first party and there will be a few things up in other locations. DHS will have Osborne Family dancing lights with the first opportunity to see them on Nov. 10th (whew, any later and I'd miss them). I hear the majority of Christmas decor does not go up until just after Thanksgiving, though with one of the latest additions being the Christmas tree in MK, which does not go up until the taping of the Christmas Parade in December.

The crowds are pretty low, well they will be in your eyes as you've always been in the Summer. :)

The weather is perfect also, not too hot & not too cool, not much humidity. My family & I always go this time of year. You'll get to see both Halloween (obviously) & some Xmas decorations - especially in the MK!

You'll probably find WDW is alot less chaotic in the Fall - more laid-back. There's not alot of advice to give you as there's not much you need to worry about! But i WOULD suggest getting FP's for the main attractions just in case, queue's for those can get upto an hour but it is pretty rare.

:thumbsup2

We went in Nov. 2010 and it was lovely. The weather was around 80 degrees with little humidity. The lines were short. I'm hoping for the same in Nov. 2012 when we hope to go again.

So, even though this is during the International Wine Festival and Halloween party its not as crowded as July or August when I usually go?

We were there during that time period in 2008.

Yes, you will see the Halloween decorations (Downtown Disney has trick or treating on Halloween night, so you can take the kids there if you like). No, you really won't see the Christmas decorations; when we were there they were putting up the Osborne Family lights at DHS, but they don't switch over to Christmas decorations all that quickly (we left on Nov 2 or 3, and the Christmas decorations were NOT up yet).

This is toward the end of Epcot F&W Festival, but the only time that really factors into the crowds are on weekend nights when the locals come out. During the week things are considerably slower; when we go in the late Sept through early Nov window, we usually don't even bother with Fastpasses; they just aren't needed (I think the longest we ever waited was something like 30 or 40 minutes for Soarin' or Toy Story, but even that is a long wait for that time of year).

We love going then; the temperatures are much milder, and can even be somewhat cool in the evening. Days aren't all that hot- usually warm enough so shorts are more comfortable, but you'll usually want to switch to pants in the evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter