Whats the saddest love type movie you have ever seen?

The Way We Were....I still want Robert Redford.....:blush:

Oh my, this one get to me too. The ending when she runs in to him again and brushes the hair off his forehead.....:(

I also thought Walk To Remember and Message in a Bottle were sad.

Stepmom was so sad....I watch it all the time when it's on and I tear up everytime.

So many have been said but another 70's oldie....The other Side of the Mountain! I saw it with a bunch of girls when we were 12 or 13. We were a big mess.

And yes, I have to put it out there...Titanic!

As for The Notebook..I saw it just a couple months after my Grandma died with Alzheimer's, so that one makes me a mess. I know her heart was broken early and she raised 3 kids on her own....no devoted husband:worried: Just hits too close to home, that movie.

I'm saying Autumn in New York with Richard Gere and Wynona Ryder because I just saw it and I cried so hard. My eyes are still stinging. I agree with all of the movies that have been mentioned that I saw too. I'm a sucker for a tear jerker.

Penny Serenade with Cary Grant, et al.

The scene where they show the little girl who was stranded by the storm (and a failed car) with her mother and she has on sneakers...which means she has the part that their lost little girl had in the school play....

Oh, great, now I'm tearing up again!!!!

I absolutely love this film too! Irene Dunn and Cary Grant were terrific in the hearbreaking film. The 1940s had the best films. Leave her to Heaven with Cornel Wilde and the beautiful Gene Tierney, who also starred in another heartbreaker, The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Another beautiful and touching film from the 1940s is Forever Amber with Linda Darnel and Cornel Wilde. She was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. But the most touching film for me was from 1946 The Best years of our lives with Myrna Loy and Frederic March. Harold Russell was amazing in this film, he lost both of his hands when he was in the Army. He won best supporting actor that year. Great films from the 40s!

Titanic!
I cry everytime for at least the last ten minutes.
No matter how many times I see it I know I will cry.

Without a doubt The Notebook. No matter how many times I watch that movie I bawl my eyes out. Right along with my husband.

Rudy. By the time they get to the part where they are putting their Jerseys on the coaches desk, I am sobbing. I seriously need a nap after this movie.

There was one ( I don't know if it was mentioned ) with Michael Keaton and Nicole Kidman. He is dying of cancer, and makes videos for their baby she's pregnant with. She get's him a circus for his birthday because he always wanted one when he was little......

:sad: :sad: :sad:

4boysmama- OMG, Hp and the Half Blood Prince...I had streaming tears. It ruined me for days. I'd be doing something, then suddenly remember it, and think, "No. It can't be!". I know. I am so lame!

As far as movies, I stear clear of tear-jerkers. I recall crying a ton during Forest Gump, Ghost, and Edward Scissorhands, though.
I hate when I unwittingly watch a sad movie. I was watching one of the Rugrats movies and Tommy (not sure if that was him) was remembering his dead mother! So sad! I was thinking, "This is not what I bargained for!".

I'm saying Autumn in New York with Richard Gere and Wynona Ryder because I just saw it and I cried so hard. My eyes are still stinging. I agree with all of the movies that have been mentioned that I saw too. I'm a sucker for a tear jerker.

This one, and Brokeback Mountain an dthen one with Julia Roberts, where she is a home-nurse for a man who has cancer (or something like it). They fall in love, but it doesn't heal him; It ha ssich beutiful music in it.
I'm going to google the name of it.

ETA: it's dying young

Brokeback Mountain
Four Brothers
Untamed Heart
Beaches
Terms of Endearment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter