What's the one reservation you can't get?

I've just finished all my dining reservations for our two week trip in February and I managed to get every single one I wanted including BOG (lunch and dinner), Ohana, Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's and quite a few more!! But the availability of Hoop Dee Doo still has not been released so it will be a daily task of checking until we get a reservation (hopefully!!). but just in case we have booked back up reservations in the off chance that we are not able to get HDDR.

HDDR in late september. We just started looking last week (Dr just cleared our daughter), so no real time to plan ahead. I was able to snag a CRT for dinner on 9/21 after checking for a day...

Minnie's Seasonal Dinner at Hollywood and Vine. I totally forgot that it even existed when I made my ADR at the 180 mark and when I remembered of course there was not one ADR available for any night of our trip. That was the one, I was looking forward to the most too!

Got it!

I have been trying to get H&V dinner for a party of 8. The best I could do was a late lunch.

They opened up a lot of 7:00 p.m. and 7:15 times for fall dates this morning--- I think it relates to the parks hours being extended. Good luck-- I hope you get Minnie's dinner. We are excited that we finally did!

We originally were planning on only doing QS during our Sept trip so I only booked Sci-Fi and the Hoop Dee Doo but then we upgraded to CBR and got the regular dining plan free. I was having the hardest time booking Ohana for 7 people but last night I searched and found a 7:20p reservation on 9/23. I was very excited.

Well, Disney did the right thing I guess when opening up ADRs for Jungle Skipper Canteen. I cannot score a decent time for lunch on our MK day. I now have a late lunch booked which is too late because of hotel check-in and a party night. This place is tough to get on a party night. I've not been successful at all at BOG so I've got to say I've pretty much given up even trying anymore. Ohana is the other one that's virtually impossible. Since I really only limit myself to one TS a day, then there's not room to change things around.

Last edited:
If there's a place you really want to go, keep trying! I just checked a few minutes ago and found a breakfast ADR for Be Our Guest on Thursday August 25th, and there has been NOTHING available at BOG every other time I've checked.

Liberty Tree Tavern for around 6:30pm. I originally booked us around 6:55pm because it's our arrival day and I want to have as much time for rides and such as possible since it closes at 7 for MNSSHP... now I'm too nervous they won't let us in at 6:55pm on a party night and can't get anything earlier without being too early and taking up our precious limited park time that night!

I'd like to give BOG dinner a second chance. Had a not so good experience last Fall. But my days are MNSSHP nights so early closing at 7pm. I've subscribed to Touring Plans but no luck yet. I may try what some DIS vets have done in the past, look for an ADR one or two days out & see what pops up.

Last edited:
If I make the reservations at the start of my 180 days, I have never had an issue getting into whatever restaurant I want. However, Be Our Guest reservations are made for,say, 183 days out. We always stay on property so we get the added bonus of booking reservations for our entire stay. Our most magical experience to this day was during my daughter's meet up with the Beast.
Sci-Fi drive-in is also extremely hard to get into, but all you have to do is walk up right when they open and you can get in.

I've had TP looking for Sci-Fi reservations for me for about two weeks. Grrrrr! To be fair to TP, they DID find me a few other reservations, so I applaud their system tremendously.

We're heading down in 10 days and, despite trying almost everyday for months, I cannot get a table for 6 at Via Napoli. I booked my original reservation at 180 days for 4 ppl, but when I tried again a few weeks later for 6, nothing. Kind of disappointing since Via Napoli is one of our must-dos.

So that had me thinking, what's the one ressie that's not happening for you?

My family and I recently ate at Via Napoli, I originally had a reservation for 6, then 3 days before arriving to WDW, my party grew to 8. I made another reservation for 2 people at the same time and date of ADR and on arrival, my entire party was seated together. Try making 2 reservations and request to be seated together upon arrival - it's a risk, but it worked out exceptionally well for me. Good luck.

Last edited:
with 48 days to go my BF has announced that he would like to try Sci-Fi . . . ADR availability isn't playing ball!

If you have an Apple Watch make sure to use it for he text messages from touring plans! I've been lucky to get instantly alerted and I literally sprint to my phone and have booked each alert that has worked for me!

Thank you! I love touring plans and did not notice this feature. I have a fitbit with text alerts so that will be perfect!

Beaches N Cream for lunch on November 12th. But... I just started looking last week and I don't have much flexibility bc it is a short trip. I am watching the Nov canceled ADR thread and I am subscribed to Touring Plans reservation finder.

However, this might be my back up plan:

This year, we are going to try the Fountain @ The Dolphin.
It does not take reservations :)

The menu is wayyyyyy bigger than Beach's.
And it has good reviews.

I looked at the menu on allears and it seems similar. So..... we can just walk up like a normal chain restaurant?

FWIW, this is the third trip in which I am making ADRs. For both of my previous trips, I didn't start trying for ADRs until way past the 180 days. I was always able to snag the ones I wanted, but then again I don't think any of them were that sought-after- Biergarten, Sci-fi, 50's PT, WCC, HDDR.

Last edited:
Liberty Tree Tavern for around 6:30pm. I originally booked us around 6:55pm because it's our arrival day and I want to have as much time for rides and such as possible since it closes at 7 for MNSSHP... now I'm too nervous they won't let us in at 6:55pm on a party night and can't get anything earlier without being too early and taking up our precious limited park time that night!

They won't seat you past 6:20 on party nights, sorry!

They won't seat you past 6:20 on party nights, sorry!

That's what I've heard that has me trying to swtich.. I wish they had included the notice stating something along those lines when I had booked. :( I would have gone for the earlier ADR before they were all snatched up.

August 25th Crystal Palace before 8:30 am

O'Hana Dinner August 26, or 29th - by dinner I mean 5:00 or 6:00

My 180 was July 2 and I booked lots without knowing park hours or shows, etc. So I will need to switch some stuff around or cancel once that's finalized. Seeing as I can still get BOG Lunch or Beaches n Cream and lots of character meals for my time frame (beginning of Jan) I'm figuring (hoping) it's not too busy and I should have luck changing things around. However, there's no must dos this trip and we're flexible so I'm planning a lot of winging it if we can't make ADRs for certain times we want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter