• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the next big thing at Universal?

glamdring269

DIS Veteran
Last October we had a blast at Universal and IoA. Stayed on site at PB and spent 3 or 4 days at the park. First time visitors and we loved it. We will likely head back in a year or so and I'm just curious if there are any rumors out there of what the next big thing is on the horizon. All of the HP stuff blew me away, especially Gringott's and Diagon Alley, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what they have left up their sleeve.

We did make sure to leave Halloween Horror Nights for next trip so at minimum will have that as something new to experience.

There is the talk of the Raptor encounter. It is said to be going into the Triceratops Encounter area. Somebody said that they announced it in the latest annual passholder newsletter but I haven't seen it yet.

There is the talk of the Raptor encounter. It is said to be going into the Triceratops Encounter area. Somebody said that they announced it in the latest annual passholder newsletter but I haven't seen it yet.

They could call that stand between MIB and Fear Factor where the idiots are pushing timeshares the "Raptor Encounter".

Rumors about greenlit projects: Twister to become a Jimmy Fallon over NYC Soarin type ride (but different ride system, more like giant Despicable Me vehicles)[not too many people excited about that], and Disaster will be replaced with a Fast & the Furious attraction. Early hints about new parade possibilities (they are building a second parade building, supposedly)

Not a rumor: Volcano Bay Water Park opening Fall 2016

I saw the Skull Island construction and it's looking pretty cool. Of course, we have no idea what kind of attractions will be in it, but the theming looked great so far. I am eagerly awaiting the announcement of Nintendo related items.

It would be crazy for the powers that be at universal not to continue their expansion of Harry Potter attractions. This has been the money maker and appears to be their biggest draw. I read somewhere on one of the threads that someone suggested it would be great if they built a WWoHP hotel. How about a dementor ride?

Opens this weekend.

Rumors about greenlit projects: Twister to become a Jimmy Fallon over NYC Soarin type ride (but different ride system, more like giant Despicable Me vehicles)[not too many people excited about that], and Disaster will be replaced with a Fast & the Furious attraction. Early hints about new parade possibilities (they are building a second parade building, supposedly)

Not a rumor: Volcano Bay Water Park opening Fall 2016
That's the first time I've heard the Jimmy Fallon Twister replacement being a ride.As far as the Kong ride,you will ride in a truck going through a combination of show scenes,video screens and huge animatronics,that's the likely rumor anyways.Somebody mentioned a Potter hotel and if this doesn't happen they're just leaving money on the table.I actually just read an article on a magazine that basically says Universal conducted a study that says the resort will support a tripling of the number of hotel rooms after Sapphire Falls opens,obviously this isn't happening unless they acquire new land even on top of the Wet n Wild land along with building a new theme park and the pretty much guaranteed Volcano Bay water park.The article mentioned the 90's being the Disney decade and says we are currently in the Universal decade.

Remember that any sort of HP expansion, even a hotel, would require the approval of J.K. Rowling, who is very, very, protective of her creations. And she certainly doesn't need the money either.

That's the first time I've heard the Jimmy Fallon Twister replacement being a ride.

If you are familiar with Orlando United Forums, one of the "insiders" has been lamenting that they are going with something similar to what was sussed out to be what is used at Busch Gardens Williamsburg's "Europe in the Air" attraction.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong is set to open summer 2016 at Islands of Adventure. Universal is also partnering with Nintendo to bring its franchises into the parks :)

Articles have said "summer of 2016".."Thinking":confused3 about a Universal trip mid August 2016..haven't been back in years and Reign of Kong sounds AWESOME!:thumbsup2 Since demand will be high, even if we are unsure of our plans, almost thinking about making hotel reservations, which of course can always be cancelled as we move closer.I would imagine that if article said summer that by mid August 2016, August Reign of Kong will be done?:confused3 THANKS for any insight!:cheer2:

Articles have said "summer of 2016".."Thinking":confused3 about a Universal trip mid August 2016..haven't been back in years and Reign of Kong sounds AWESOME!:thumbsup2 Since demand will be high, even if we are unsure of our plans, almost thinking about making hotel reservations, which of course can always be cancelled as we move closer.I would imagine that if article said summer that by mid August 2016, August Reign of Kong will be done?:confused3 THANKS for any insight!:cheer2:
We are going Mid-August next year and hoping it will be open.. I am thinking it will be by then

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter