What's the new TOY STORY ride at DHS??

jillyjill

Earning My Ears
Did I hear wrong? IS there a new attraction at D hollywood studios? Where is it located and what's it about? How did I miss this?:laughing:

What's so great about it that lines are sooooo long? :eek: jillyjill

"77 WDW HS Sr. Class Trip LBV:hippie:
" 80 DL College Choir Trip DLH :rolleyes1
" 83 DL Now we live in Calif, just a drive away DLH:woohoo:
" 90 DL On the way to moving home to PA DLH:guilty:
" 90WDW First trip for my Mom CBR :hug:
" 01 WDW First trip with the kiddies CR/AKL :grouphug:
" 04 WDW WIth friends and all our kids get on MNNSHP FLoat pirate:
"09 WDW Last family trip, we have teens! CSR :scared1:

There is a new area called Pixar Place, just down past the Little Mermaid show. Here's a pice of info I found: Hurry! Hurry! You can step right up and compete in a new, interactive "Toy Story" adventure inspired by Disney•Pixar's "Toy Story" films! Come board a ride vehicle and zip off into a 4-D world of midway-style games hosted by Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Rex, Hamm and more! Use your spring-action shooter to throw virtual projectiles at targets and rack up points. Compete for the high score. Certain targets trigger fun surprises! It's Toy Story Mania!

It is a lot of fun and fast passes so quickly! Have fun!

Did I hear wrong? IS there a new attraction at D hollywood studios? Where is it located and what's it about? How did I miss this?:laughing:

Well, new as in it opened a year ago... :) It is where "Who Wants To Me A Millionaire: Play It" was, with that whole street being remodeled as "Pixar Place".

It is marginally similar to Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters, although it is in 3D. You are in a vehicle for 4 people, sitting two-by-two back to back. The vehicle moves and then stops in an area where you are looking at a 3D projection screen, and "shoot", or "ring toss" or whatever that task is, just as in midway carnival games. You do this by pointing the "blaster" where you want to shoot, and pulling on the string at the back.

There are several areas you move to, each with a different goal.

What's so great about it that lines are sooooo long? :eek:

It's new, its neat, and its a slow loader... :)

It's super, super fun. But the other poster was right; it's a slow loader. Do it first when you get there right when the park opens.
-brent

You can youtube it to see it, although the quality will be poor b/c it is in 3D.
We also found out that Wii is coming out with a Toy Story Mania game I believe in Sept, some parts of the game are in 3D. We are so excited, TSM was fiance's fav ride in Disney, we are really competitive.

As soon as you get in the park, get those fastpasses, in May we got there one day at noon and they were ALL gone for the day. We did wait on the hour line though and it did not feel like an hour, I think b/c the detail on the line is amazing, and potato head is so cute. Later in our vacation we knew to get there earlier and got our FPs :thumbsup2

We are on day 4 of Disney and every single time we have tried to get on Toy Story the fast passes are gone or there is a 90 minute wait. We are going bright and early in the morning to make sure we DO NOT miss this one! I heard its very similar to buzz lightyear,but I don't care... Its one of the rides that I swore I wasnt leaving Disney without riding :)

Simply put, it's just that cool. And they call it 4D, not 3D....I think that's due to 3D + motion. It's not a dark ride like Buzz, so it really appeals to all ages. :3dglasses :)

-Kevin

Simply put- it was AMAZING. My fiance and I rode it twice, got FP for it a 3rd time.

An hour before our FP return we saw an older couple with their younger (I'd say 4 ish) grandson sitting on a bench outside of TSM. He was crying, and I assume it was because FP were gone for the day (it was 1PM) and the standby line was 90 minutes.

I walked up to the woman, offered her our two fast passes so that at least her GS would be able to ride with one of them, and I've never seen two happier people at disney. :cool1:

The disney magic isn't just from the CM's. It's the whole atmosphere.

It's a cute ride but I am puzzled as to why we saw 120 minute wait times for this. I can't imagine waiting two hours for any ride though.

Get there early!

Where have you been, Jillyjill?? :lmao: JK

It's a very fun ride, make sure you get there EARLY for your FP - they are gone quick!

We rode it for the first time a couple weeks ago and I must say I LOVE IT!!!! And this is coming from a hardcore roller coaster person. My 7 yearold loved it and my wife loved it.

I think the thing that amazed me the most is how the animated projectile and the goal in each area you stop at changes. One minute your shooting paintball things at targets a few minutes later your tossing rings on bottles and such. Very very cool.

Best thing to do is just go try it at least once. Oh and be at the studios at rope drop and book it to TSM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter