• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the most popular week in Sept. for FD?

kandb

DIS Veteran
Just wondering which week is the most popular week for free dining? Will most people book at the end of the month or will the beginning be more popular? Any thoughts?

Can tell you from many years of experience that the last week is the busiest. Saw it a million times. We were booked the last few days of the week before, and then the last week. Sure enough, on Sunday of the last week crowds picked up.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going September 15-20, but noticed a lot of people going the last week of September.

The end of the month is busiest b/c if you check in on the last day of free-dining, you can catch the beginning of food & wine festival and still get free dining for your entire stay.

Just wondering which week is the most popular week for free dining? Will most people book at the end of the month or will the beginning be more popular? Any thoughts?

Labor Day/Week will have some of the lowest crowds of the entire year. As others have mentioned the crowds will grow as get later into the month and the last week will be the most crowded because of the beginning of F&W.

I am interested to know too - we are there Sept 14-22 - haven't seen a lot of people post about that week! :thumbsup2

We plan to arrive Sept 1st and stay til Sept. 10th. Hope we can get our resort pick (POR), since we are a family of 5 and there aren't many choices.

We are booked September 21-27. We have flexible dates. Do you guys think we should move our dates? We thought it might be a little cooler the later we went in September.

We will be there 9/21 - 9/28. The last trip we took a couple of years ago was 9/16-9/23 and it was empty.

We are booked September 21-27. We have flexible dates. Do you guys think we should move our dates? We thought it might be a little cooler the later we went in September.

It will be very hot the entire month of September. It's usually mid October before the extreme heat starts to ease off.

We are going Sept. 7-15. We chose that week after much research on when the lowest crowds were and it being one of the best options. We are pulling the kids out of school but oh well!

We are going Sept. 7-15. We chose that week after much research on when the lowest crowds were and it being one of the best options. We are pulling the kids out of school but oh well!

We are about the same as you-Sept 9-15, hoping for low crowds too! We have one that is home schooled, so no real issues there, one that will be in 8th grade and trust me, we will catch heck for pulling him out! Oh well is my opinion too!

My kids don't start school until Sept. 9th and have a half day that day. We are going from 9/1 and returning on 9/10. They will miss the first day and go for a half day on the 10th. I have pulled them out every year for over a week and never worried about it. As a parent, it is our decision and the school district is not going to tell me what decisions to make with MY children. (we live in Northern NJ and to be honest they neve gave us a hard time about taking them out).

Same here. We are going Sept 7-13. After researching crowd levels we chose this week. Figured crowds would be much lower since most kids will be back in school. I was hoping the heat would be less but it doesn't look like it will. Our ODS will be in 12th grade and plays football and doesn't want to miss a week of school, pracoce and games so he is staying home (with grandparents). Our YDS is only 4 and won't start K until next year so no worries about pulling him out of school. But honestly, I would pull either out of school if that's what we wanted to do. My parents pulled me from school a few times for vacations and I turned out just fine LOL :)

We are going 9/21-9/29. Just booked this morning. Yay! Over the years, we've gone every week of September and while it is busier during the last week, we have had slightly cooler temps and the crowds aren't that bad. Certainly not compared to summer crowds. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

We are going 9/21-9/29. Just booked this morning. Yay! Over the years, we've gone every week of September and while it is busier during the last week, we have had slightly cooler temps and the crowds aren't that bad. Certainly not compared to summer crowds. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

We'll see you there, same days!

We're going 9/20-9/28. We've been the last week of September and the first week of May. Not a comparison for different weeks in September but I found the crowds and the weather much better the last week of September. I'm hoping that's also the case this year :cheer2:

We will be there 9/21 - 9/28. The last trip we took a couple of years ago was 9/16-9/23 and it was empty.

Our dates overlap yours, 9/18 - 9/24. We are doing Wed to Tues to take advantage of lower airfare those days. We hope to see light crowds the days we are there, maybe similar to what you experienced last year around that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter