• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the max amt of people DCL will seat for dinner at 1 table (regular rotation)?

cathicool

Disney...On My Mind and In My Heart!
Hi
I don't know if this has been asked and answered before, so forgive me if it has....

We have always traveled with just our family of 5, but next year we have orchestrated several cabins/familes and was wondering if we will all be able to sit together. We are sailing on the Dream.

We are up to 14 people so far...will DCL seat us together, at 1 table?

If we can't fit at 1 table will they give us 2 tables next to each other?

What is the maximum they will permit at 1 table?

Thanks!

Hi
I don't know if this has been asked and answered before, so forgive me if it has....

We have always traveled with just our family of 5, but next year we have orchestrated several cabins/familes and was wondering if we will all be able to sit together. We are sailing on the Dream.

We are up to 14 people so far...will DCL seat us together, at 1 table?

If we can't fit at 1 table will they give us 2 tables next to each other?

What is the maximum they will permit at 1 table?

Thanks!

WE had 10 at our table but it seems they can put many tables together so you may have 14 at one table...but no one would be able to talk to people at the other end...you may be better off with 7 and 7 or 10 and 4 or some other configuration next to each other.

MJ

We had a party of 25 with us on our last cruise. We had linked our reservations and they had one large (17) table for the adults and a table for the children(8). We had different servers.

This was our second cruise and I would never do it like that again. We did not get the "special" attention from our servers, they were too overwhelmed by all of the people and never got to know us personally. I would do tables of 8 or so and have them placed beside each other. JMHO

Hope you have a great time - it was really fun always running into someone we knew on the ship!:love:

We had a table of 14 one time, 7 couples that were not traveling together. It worked out well.

We were at a table of 18 on one cruise. It worked, but it wouldn't be my top choice if you actually wanted to TALK with people--you can't be at one end and communicate with someone at the other end. I'd suggest s 6 and an 8 top table at the same serving station for a group of 14.

I gave some thought to having the kids seated together and the adults seated together, but definitely with the same servers. The problem with adults and kids seperate is that the mothers always seem to be going back to the kids table to "solve the issue of the minute".

I can see how having so many could limit the amount of "personal attention" and that is something I really enjoy and don't want to give up!

Right now we are 3 families, so seating 2 families together would be "odd man out"-- hopefully we get another family or 2 to join us.

As someone who had a table next to a "kids" table on one of our cruises....it may be great for those adults in the party, but we paid the price for it. They weren't bad kids, but they were kids at a table without an adult and that's understandably going to lead to less than stellar behavior, with the adults at the next table conveniently paying little heed. We almost asked to be moved.

drparoo....thanks, I didn't think about that. I can see how I would be irritated by sitting next to a table of kids with no adults.

As it stands, I'm thinking there will be 8 adults (4 families), plus 5 boys and 5girls, for a total of 18 people.

Ah the joys of going on vacation...actually, I really like the planning part!

On our Med cruise, our family of five was put with another family of 5 at a table for 10. It's kind of an oval table, so it was certainly adequate for talking and interacting. I wouldn't want to go any bigger than that, though. You might want to ask for a table of 10 and one of 8 and at least make the request for the same server. Then perhaps you can change the seating as you wish at each dinner and the server will still know you.

We had a table of 13 on our last cruise and it worked out well. We had adults and kids and all knew each other. We sat in different seats each night at dinner and got a chance to talk to different people in the group. The servers got to know us quickly and we never felt like we didn't get personal attention.

We had a table with 15, adults and kids of our extended family, on our cruise on the Wonder. The servers did get to know us; my nephew was about 10 and loved mac & cheese and the servers brought him a bowl first thing after the first night. It can be done.

we were three linked families with a group of 12 - there were 4 children and i adults. would not do it that way again. You hardly get to talk to each other, passing wine down the table was a pain, often repeating what was said because could not be heard. Seem like 4-6 is ideal. We have a group again this year and have agreed to 'do our own thing' also some want early seating some want later. We will meet up later!!!

Our first DCL cruise we had 11 (all of us family) and were seated with each other. Our next cruise we added 2 more so were 13 and again, we all sat together. We are cruising on the Dream in July with all 13 of us again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter