What's the lowest price you paid for airfare?

I don't count since I'm an airline pilot, but I had a lady onboard the other day who took advantage of an website mistake and paid $1.83

I paid about $475 last year for 4 of us to fly from BWI on Southwest. It was a direct flight both directions. These were the least expensive tickets I've ever bought to Florida and we've been there several times in the last 5 years. We flew in June and I got the tickets in the beginning of April. I kept watching until they released more tickets at their lowest price for my dates and times. I live in Harrisburg but it was worth the drive time for the savings.

I'm an employee at Airtran and like other airlines we're struggling with the fuel prices so our sale fares may not be quite as low as previously posted. However , my advice is to sign up for any and all of the airlines email newsletters that are in your area. Be it Airtran (Yay! Keep me employed!) Delta, SW, ATA...sign up for it, because competition is fierce, so you may find a rate on one airline, miss out on it and find it lower the very next day. Also, without giving too much away, Airtran's fares are set up on an availability basis, so there are only so many seats available at the lowest sale fare, for example, $59.When it sells out at that price it goes up to the next price level, ex $69. So, if you know your dates, and you see a really great fare-BOOK IT. One word of caution, from one budget minded mom to another, if you're not sure on dates, you may want to wait, because Airtran policy is that if you have to chg dates, flight times etc there is a $50 change fee per person, plus any difference in the fare. And you may want to be familiar with the airlines cancellation policy, chg policy, fare adjustment policy, etc before booking because it does vary from airline to airline and if you have to change and your budget's tight, it could throw a major wrench in the works. But just keep looking and searching and don't give up. I hear on a daily that other airlines (even Delta) :earseek: beat our fares on different routes, etc. (no offense to Delta, just a little joke) Good luck ya'll, and sorry so long!

Last year my DH and I went roundtrip from Chicago to MCO for a total of $232.00 including taxes etc (total for 2 adults) that was for late August on SWA. :earsgirl:

I got "dinged" today and got $68 tickets. Only bought the flight down because SWA doesn't have direct on the way back except first thing in the morning. I now am going to wait for Airtrans to go lower on the return flight.

Our return day is a Wednesday so I'm hoping that the $59 airfare on Airtrans will come back and I can snag it.

I'm very excited to get the $68 for the way down :banana: - and it gives us a chance to try out SWA.

$68 for the way down and $59 for the trip back would be AWESOME!!! Come on AIRTRANS!!!! :cheer2:

We paid a Ding fare back in April for our upcoming August trip. For 2 adult for R/T, we paid a total of $166. That came out to be $83 per person r/t (Indianapolis to Orlando). Last year we flew from Chicago to MCO and paid a total of $220 for last year's June trip.

Just today I booked Southwest from BWI for the 5 of us at 45.00 each way. The total was 580.00 r/t non-stop! I am so excited! We were going to drive, so this is giving us more time to spend in the parks, less wear & tear on my van, less fatigue on us, much less whinier children! I couldn't be more thrilled!!! :banana: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter