Whats the longest You've waited for an attraction?

I love these people who claim they never wait more than 40 minutes!

So what you're saying is, between 11AM and 10PM you only ride Stitch, the Peoplemover, the paddle boat, or It's a Small World, or you get to watch Philharmagic, the Presidents, or Carousel of Progress.

Sounds really fun!

Since I've only gone Spring Break or Summer I have had to wait longer than 40 minutes. My longest wait was probably Splash Mountain on July 4, 2010 (my first day to MK, so I remember the date well). I think we waited 130 minutes for it around 4PM.

In many prior years, we've gone when crowd levels were 5 or lower, and it was entirely possible not to wait longer than 40 minutes. We would get FP- for anything longer than that, use single rider lines, or we would ride another day when we could get a FP. I don't ever remember a trip where we didn't do everything we wanted to do using that strategy, but yes, we did go during historically lower crowd levels--not during a major holiday or Spring break. Now, I'm not sure it's possible since a crowd level 5 park day feels way more crowded than it used to! Even still, I was at Disneyland Park last week from 10AM open to 8PM close. Park Level 5. I managed to get a lot done--Buzz, Space Mountain, Star Tours, Matterhorn, Alice, Peter Pan, Pinnochio, Mr. Toad, Storybook Land boats, mid-day parade (forgot the name), Pirates, Haunted Mansion, BTMM, Indiana Jones, dinner at Blue Bayou and Paint the Night. It felt crowded in the park, but still managed to have a wonderful day without waiting more than 30 minutes for anything (Star Tours being the exception as estimated wait time was way off when I entered the line). So, it is possible...just not as likely in these days of uber crowds year round.

About 90 minutes for TT in 2010 during our spring break. It was fun but I don't know if I would wait that long again. Didn't know about single rider line then.

Back in the 70s when WDW MK first opened, and it was the only park, it was two hours for everything. OK, not everything but i remember waiting in looooong lines. There was no FP. You waited along with everyone else. Its what we did back in the day lol.

90 ish for a Space Mountain years ago. Wanted to do it again, but dad wouldn't get in the line when it was a 2hour one

60ish for Soarin once and for TSMM.

Probably lots of 45ish waits for Big Thunder, Splash, RnR, even Haunted Mansion when we never seemed to go by when the line was any shorter.

Many 30ish waits on every trip - we don't always hit rope drop and we never take a midday break (unless you count a TS lunch) so midday lines of 30-45 are common for ys

Back in '99..my first trip to WDW. I had no clue, not a one, what I was doing. We arrived on Sat morning and promptly went to MK. That was our first mistake. Went to Splash Mt....by this time it was about 2:30. We stood in that line for 2.5 hrs! Talk about a newbie mistake. My mother, who was recovering from breast cancer surgery and not doing any bumpy rides, sat outside, waiting for us. She thought we had either died or gone on without her.

Now I won't wait in a line that's longer than 30 mins....unless I'm trying to kill time. But, I also try to go at less busy times.

Back in the early 1990's my husband and I made the mistake to spend a few days at Disney during spring break. I don't know what we were thinking but it was so crowded. We waited well over an hour for Splash Mountain. But the funny thing was we didn't really mind too much back then. You just knew for the bigger attractions you were going to wait.

Fast forward to today - I will not wait longer then 20 minutes for anything now. I guess I am getting old!:earboy2:

I think I can win. 7 hours on opening day for Gringotts in Universal. We don't speak of it and my stepdad still holds it against us whenever he wants something. We didn't even get to ride it that day.

The other week, I waited upwards of an hour in the Mission Space queue because the Orange side broke down and I didn't want to try and navigate my walker out through the line full of people.

Under normal circumstances, my cap on a standby wait is 30 minutes. And yes, I do spend my afternoons in the parks doing shows and "lesser" attractions - I enjoy the vast majority of them. :)

Haunted Mansion. The posted time was 30 minutes, and although I had already ridden earlier that morning, I love that ride so much that DH and I decided to join the line since we weren't doing anything specific. Big mistake. We ended up waiting close to an hour, and for about 30 minutes the standby line didn't move at all. Actually, the FP+ was almost just as long as the standby, although that line did move, albeit a bit on the slow side. Maybe it broke down, but I didn't hear any announcement. I nearly walked off, but then the line started to move, so we soldiered on. Saddest part of it is, that wasn't the worst the line was during that day. When we joined the line, the line didnt extend beyond the gate, but while we were in Frontierland earlier the line was all the way down to the boat :scared:

I refuse to join a line longer than 45 minutes. I give 45 because I am trying to be realistic, so any time under that is awesome to me lol.

30 minutes. That's pretty much the absolute longest I'd wait for pretty much anything and it's rare I will even wait that long. We had a 30 minute wait for 7DMT on our last trip and I think there have been a few character M&Gs we've waited that long for as well.

1.5 for voyage of the mermaid, really ruined me ever going again even with a fp for such a along wait for such a short ride.
If you include m&g 2.5 hours for Anna/Elsa when they were in epcot.

I love these people who claim they never wait more than 40 minutes!

So what you're saying is, between 11AM and 10PM you only ride Stitch, the Peoplemover, the paddle boat, or It's a Small World, or you get to watch Philharmagic, the Presidents, or Carousel of Progress.

Sounds really fun!

Since I've only gone Spring Break or Summer I have had to wait longer than 40 minutes. My longest wait was probably Splash Mountain on July 4, 2010 (my first day to MK, so I remember the date well). I think we waited 130 minutes for it around 4PM.

I'm one of those people you love, LOL!! :duck:

We are summer travelers, and my first visit was in 2001, so I've always had some kind of fast pass to fall back on.
We are rope drop people, and use the morning hours to do most of our rides, then use our FPs from around 10:30ish to 2:30ish in the afternoon before heading back to the resort for a few hours, and going back to the parks in the evening. So between 11am and 10pm we're riding Splash, Big Thunder, 7DMT, or yes, watching Philharmagic. The longest we've waited in a line is 35 minutes - For the Haunted Mansion in the late morning/early afternoon (it felt like 7 hours because it was HOT) and then for the Jungle Cruise (posted wait was 30) on an evening that same trip, then we picked up a 5th FP+ for Little Mermaid after getting out of line.
I just don't like waiting, though. If there's something I want to do, I get a fast pass or hit it early in the morning or late at night. We prefer indoor things like shows and shopping or a trip to the pool in the afternoon heat, so it works well for us.

I feel very confident navigating a summer trip, and I've always had good luck I guess. Now, these posts about DLR wait times are making me nervous though! Our first trip out west is coming up in June, I hope over 5 days we'll be able to get everything done. I'm prepared to wait up to an hour if we need to :scared1:

Actually, come to think of it, I think the first time I rode Space Mountain we waited for well over an hour. This was in the early 2000's. My dad rode with me and was majorly annoyed that we had to wait for so long because he did not want to ride in the first place. Good times :rotfl:

First trip to WDW 2005 - over 60 minutes for Splash. Second trip - 2011 - 60 minutes to meet Rapunzel. Third trip 2015 - 45 minutes in standby for Test Track.

You know how once you get in a line and something happens, you hate to vacate your spot??

We waited 1 hour and 15 minutes for the friendship boats to get us from DHS to the Yacht Club - this was after an Osborne Lights in December. That is the longest we have ever waited, and we should have just walked.

Prior to FP we probably waited for some fairly long periods. After FP and dozens of trips, our max is 25 minutes. :earsboy:

OMG-before internet, before knowing better-went in July. Everything was an 90 minutes or more wait. They had the little fans that would mist you as you stood in line.
I am so glad for FP+

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter