What's the least you've spent at Disney all togther?

meloneyb21

DIS Veteran
...besides the hotel...I mean the extras.

Not just on souvenirs. On everything, whether it be food, gas, etc. I'm just curious because our hotel is already paid for with points and we already have $600 in gift cards set aside for food and snacks...about $50 per person a day. We're making this a frugal vaca and we're tryna see how little we can get away with spending. Plus we're driving down.

The first trip that I went, I stayed off property in a hotel with a kitchen. I cooked breakfast and dinner, and packed pb&j. I got free passes to the parks from a friend. I gave a total of $200 to Disney, lunches and souvenirs. That was a 14 day trip. Normally though, not including passes and hotel, I spend about $1,000 (but that's not counting what I spend on DxDP) ... this money is used for gratuities, grown up drinks, and souvenirs

We are booked for August, staying at AKL - have the delux dining plan - there are three of us and I was planning along the same lines as a cruise vacation where we allow $100/day for daughter and $200/day each for hubby and myself - on cruises we do gamble so that eats alot of our cash - when we set down to do our budget we planned $3500 for lodging and food - then figured if we had an additional $2500 plus credit cards for anything extra we would be all set. We aren't cheap travelers and do spend a ton on gifts etc., It is looking like we should be all set. Am also planning some very special meals that will not be on our dining plan as far as I can tell. We will also add the Keys to the Kingdom Tour, and a Safari Tour that is rather expensive to our reservations. Daughter is talking about one of the character meals, but is wondering if she is too old - she's 16. And hubby wants to do the Hoop De Do Show. There is also another thing hubby is looking at, I believe that is is a driving/test track thing - he would like to do that with daughter -- my hope is they will go off for an afternoon to do that and I'll hit one of the spa's as they look like they are worth visiting as well.

I do plan to add to my snow globe collection and know those can run be a pretty penny - and I am sure our little "clothes goddess" willl be adding disney sweatshirts etc., to her collection.

Will we be able to have our gifts shipped home? I know I don't want to chance having to lug snow globes - also am hoping to add to our Christmas Village collection and would want to know I can ship thing home. Any thoughts?

Will we be able to have our gifts shipped home? I know I don't want to chance having to lug snow globes - also am hoping to add to our Christmas Village collection and would want to know I can ship thing home. Any thoughts?

Yea, you should. My aunt went to WDW a few months ago and purchased a $2,000 Maleficent statue. They shipped it home for her since she was uncomfortable taking it on the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter