• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the last medical test you had done?

It was to check the cyst located on my left ovary. :guilty: Come to find out, I have to have surgery now so my doctor can examine to see if anything is cancerous, if so, out comes the ovary. :( However, I haven't had children and I don't want anything to hinder that so if the ovary has to go, it goes. My GYN said it will be the last thing she does if she can possibly avoid it.(taking out the ovary that is) She also told me not to worry, that women have children all day long with one ovary and with no problems.

MRI of the brain, before that CT scan and about half my blood to check other things. I'm with the other poster (SD?) who needs a tap in her arm! LOL

I had a lump on my lymphnode and I needed to have bloodwork done because my Grandfather died of lymphoma. Not an easy couple of days, waiting for the results.

MRI of my right knee a couple weeks ago.

Just had my eyes examined! Everything good. Next is the GYN in two weeks and then onto the dentist. Not looking forward to that, but I would like everything done before summer hits.

I had my annual exam and pap smear last month. I need to have blood drawn for a cholesterol screening and blood sugar, but I have been putting it off (someone kick me in the butt, please).

Denae

Edited to add I'm having my annual eye exam tomorrow.

I had a level 2 ultrasound done on 3/13 and we found out that everything looks good so far and we've having a boy! Next up is my AFP blood test sometime this week.

About colonoscopies, my husband will be an anesthesiologist as of 5/21/06!! and he says that you are not put under general anesthesia for a colonoscopy. Like another poster mentioned, they goive you something that makes you very, very out of it so you have no memory of the procedure-you remember feeling groggy, like you're going to sleep with a general anesthetic, and then 'waking up' when it wears off after the procedure is done. He just left for a class or I'd ask him specifically what it is that they do, but we've discussed it a lot cause my mom is convinced that she is totally out during hers and he assures me that is not the case.

I get an INR test about every week done (including this afternoon) to check for my Coumadin levels. :)

And I have surgery scheduled on April 7th to have my first rib on my right side removed. :)

I have to have a creatin test and all the ones thathave to do with the kidney since my kidney was inflammed and also tsh t3 t4 for my thyroid

I get blood work every 6 weeks due to my meds for psoriatic arthritis. Got a chest x-ray and breathing tests after my asthma diagnosis yesterday.

The Mystery Machine said:
Did they have you drink the stuff or did you do what I had....I took 2 Dulcolax 2 days before, then drank the Fleet Phospho-Soda at timed intervals & had a clear liquid diet.
That wasn't bad at all.

My DH had a colonoscopy done yesterday and it was almost a "piece of cake" to him. He didn't like going without food that long but the actual procedure, putting him out, doing it and waking him up took just over a HALF an hour!! Not a bad test at all. :thumbsup2

Did hubby have the colonoscopy back in March too, Kitty, when this thread was new? Hope all is well.

No, Dan. They called and cancelled it (doc was out of town or something) so he rescheduled it for this week, after our WDW trip. He was so-o-o-o dreading it but now says it wasn't bad at all!! :teeth:

I remember being half-awake for my colonoscopy. The doctor was commenting about my colon being perfectly clean. It should have been - after all, I had to start "cleaning" it 3 days before! :rotfl2: I also remember seeing the camera "explore" my colon on the tv screen. Very interesting.

I had an endoscopy yesterday, and last week I had a full round of pulmonary function tests. Those pulmonary function tests used to take a couple of hours with you sitting in a closed box! I put it off long enough that my doctor has totally updated his equipment, and it took maybe 30 minutes. Something to be said for procrastination.

Dan, I almost forgot that this thread was started in March in which that test was rescheduled from back then. :hourglass

Gosh, it's almost time for me to go in for more yearly blood work...probably to see how well my menopause is progressing!!! :rolleyes: :teeth:

Bob Slydell said:
I have surgery scheduled on April 7th to have my first rib on my right side removed. :)

Where you making a mate? (God took a rib from Adam...)

I had my first mammo last week. And it did kinda feel like this: :crowded:

In the past month I've had my annual pap - which came back abnormal - so then I had the colposcopy where he looked at my cervix under a microscope then Pinched! off a sample of it when more abnormal cells were found. (yea that didn't hurt.... NOT)

Also - I had blood work done - My cholesterol is 230 and my blood pressure is high and now I'm taking Zoloft - for obvious (and not so obvious) reasons.

Funny part - I'm 25 years old. I have a long grueling life ahead of me....
Darn genetics...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter