What's the funniest thing a cast member has ever said to you?

At Epcot, Alice's handler was awesome! He told me a few Alice-themed jokes that were super cute:
What's Alice's favorite kind of tea? CuriosiTEA
What's the Cheshire Cat's favorite kind of tea? InvisibiliTEA
What's the Queen of Hearts favorite kind of tea? RoyalTEA

:)

I was at Contempo Cafe getting a couple sandwiches for me and my girlfriend, and I offered up the money to pay with a smile. The CM chuckled at me and said "Mickey loves a happy giver" and I about hit the ground laughing.

Mine was at Disneyland a few years ago.

I had been to Miley Cyrus' concert the night before as she was in town my first day in the country so I bought one of her shirts.
The next day at Disneyland I wore the shirt and at Pirates one of the CMs struck up conversation with me in line. He asked who was on my shirt and I told him who it was and even said Hannah Montana. I told him the whole park shut down for her birthday a few months or so beforehand.

He had no idea at all or deserved an Emmy award.

We were at the 1900 park fare breakfast. There was a large group of us (10) to be exact. My two oldest daughters were sitting on the outside of the table. The madhatter came up behind her and started playing with her hair. he then noticed she had gages in her ears, the were the clear kind with fairies inside them. He proceeded to call over Alice and make a big deal over her gages. He was appalled that she caught fairies and put them in there. During the same breakfast, Tigger sat down next to my mom, he proccedded to steal her breakfast, (she is sorta shy and new to all this). Her face was priceless and she didn't know what to do.

Not so much a funny one-liner, but an interesting story... in line for a ride once I chatted up a CM and he told me that SM was his fav ride, but that he rode it once with the lights on and now it makes him seriously nervous (b/c he saw how tightly build the track is inside). PLUS he never holds his hands up anymore. This guy was maybe 5'5" so not that tall. He said he was terrified of getting his hands chopped off. :scared1:

EDIT: I should mention that there were NO small children around when we were chatting. He was just confiding in me and my friend.

Did you have this conversation recently? Because on our last MK day (the 8th of Sept) we had the a VERY similar conversation with a CM at the train station. He talked about loving SM, but after having ridden it with the lights on, it now made him nervous and he wouldn't raise his arms while riding anymore. This guy wasn't tall at all either, though I don't guess heights well. He also mentioned worrying about getting his hands chopped off and talked about how it could really happen (just maybe) to someone if they had unusually long/disproportionate arms! He was really nice and all, but was perhaps not the best salesman for SM.:rotfl2:

Anyway, wouldn't it be funny if we talked to the same CM? Like there's just this one CM who just goes around worrying aloud to guests about SM chopping off his limbs :rotfl2:

We were at the 1900 park fare breakfast. There was a large group of us (10) to be exact. My two oldest daughters were sitting on the outside of the table. The madhatter came up behind her and started playing with her hair. he then noticed she had gages in her ears, the were the clear kind with fairies inside them. He proceeded to call over Alice and make a big deal over her gages. He was appalled that she caught fairies and put them in there. During the same breakfast, Tigger sat down next to my mom, he proccedded to steal her breakfast, (she is sorta shy and new to all this). Her face was priceless and she didn't know what to do.

Off Topic (sorry) but what are GAGES!

Mine isn't really CM as such but close enough.

After the festival of the lion king we where getting pictures with the various 'float' characters and whilst taking a picture of my aunt and cousins I shouted loud 'smile simba!' sure enough simba looked right at the camera and opened his mouth to smile!! Great picture.

My mum also told me of a time when a guy was reaching his hand up trying to coax the giraffe down to his level and the giraffe was just shaking his head at him. Then as the guy gave up and went to walk away the giraffe bent down and smacked him on the head!!

At the same meeting, someone used flash in a picture of simba and he beam blinking and shaking his head like he was blinded xD

I recommend everyone try and interact with the animatronic characters as well as the 'real' ones. You never know when a CM will e watching!

On Pirates of the Caribbean...

As the boat is pulling up to the end of the ride, the CM with the microphone starts singing...

"Yo ho, yo ho, it's time to get off the boat."

I've heard that guy! he sang a whole song about getting all your stuff and getting off the boat! cracked me and kiddo up for days!:lmao:

I have two:

On my first trip to Disney, alone, I had ate breakfast with the characters in Crystal Palace. One of the CMs, assigned to Eeyore, was standing a little ways back from the people seated. I walked over, leaned in and asked, "So, how does Eeyore see?" And, he leaned in and simply said, "Through his eyes!" That'll learn me. :blush:

On a Disney cruise, we had to assemble in the restaurant for the life boat drill. I had walked up the stairs at the back of the ship, since it was close to my cabin. When the drill was over, I was told, by the CM, I could not use those stairs because, "They don't go down!" :confused3

Miranda Danda said:
At Epcot, Alice's handler was awesome! He told me a few Alice-themed jokes that were super cute:
What's Alice's favorite kind of tea? CuriosiTEA
What's the Cheshire Cat's favorite kind of tea? InvisibiliTEA
What's the Queen of Hearts favorite kind of tea? RoyalTEA

:)

I've heard those jokes! But when we there alive was telling them to us right before we took pictures so we where all genuinely laughing

I got a bit chilled at 50's PT from drinking my strawberry shake too fast. So when Mark took our order, he shouted toward the kitchen: "Hey Ma! Wayne and Jen want the Caesar salad, the fried chicken, and a blanket!"

On my first trip as an adult a CM checking our bags at the entrance looked in the cooler and saw Mountain Dew. He said "sorry, only coke products are allowed in the park, I'm going to have to take these". Finally he said he was kidding, but they really do only sell Coke products and he was really craving a Mountain Dew!

On our first trip, daughter met Alice and she saw her flower necklace and had a lovely time singing and visiting with her. Next it was a friend's teenage son. He didn't have a lot to say so Alice was asking questions - "Have you ever seen my movie?" Yes he replies. "Who is your favorite character?" The Queen. "Oh the one that chases me around and wants to cut off my head, that's your favorite character" All the time in her accent - It was too funny.

At mnsshp standing in line for Merida, pooh, togged, eeyore come walking down the hill in an calm orderly fashion when all of sudden piglet comes barreling down the hill hands up maybe covering his ears. We don't get to ponder that long cause we hear "...Piglet. I'm hungry!" As the mad hatter bounds down the hill.

I got three...

1. My dh and I were dining at whispering canyon and he was wearing a big bang theory shirt. we were sitting right next to a door and suddenly we heard someone knocking saying 'penny' just like Sheldon does. We turned and it was a server who was laughing at us. :rotfl:

2. We were on the safari at AK and were in the front row. As we passed the flamingos the ladies sitting next to us leaned forward and asked the drivers why they stand on one foot. he replied 'because if they picked up the other they'd fall over' :rotfl2:

3. My all-time favorite tho was with my dad at ToT. It was right after they had started changing the sequence of the ride rather than just dropping you once. My dad asked one of the CM how often they change the drops. Without hesitation the man said 'we change it every fall'. So my dad (who can be a little oblivious) came over and told us 'he said they change it every autumn!' We thought that was odd since we had ridden it twice that day and experienced 2 different sequences. so we asked dad 'autumn or fall?' :lmao:

"Oh my gosh, you guys, this is so exciting! They've never let me have real passengers before!" -- September 20, 2012

We were at pofq and it started raining hard enough that the boats shut down and we needed to get back to POR (it was crazy storming or we would've walked). They sent a van for everyone who was stranded by the boat situation. Driver was hilarious. He had only worked there a month. He had us all crying he was so funny.

5ish years ago, as we're deboarding Jungle Cruise:

"Please watch your step and be careful as you exit the boat.
Because if you fall, I will laugh.
And then I will get fired...":rotfl2:

And his delivery, totally conversational, was perfect:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter