• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the funniest thing a cast member has ever said to you?

On our most recent trip, we had lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe, and "Cousin Cooper" was
hilarious! We got the full treatment, and even dh who was a first-timer had fun. When
we were leaving, we thanked Cousin Cooper and promised to send folks his way. And he
replied "Yeah, I'll still be here. Thanks for reminding me!"

We also overhead some funny lines at the Jedi Training.
A little boy was flailing away at Darth Vader's arms. The trainer reminded the boy to hit the light saber only. "He's not a pinata--neither am I".
And observing a cute little girl who was very quick and agile while fighting Vader, the trainer remarked on her excellent fighting skills..."You must have older brothers!"
Jedi Training never fails to entertain. :)

OMG you had cousin Cooper too?!?!?! We had him back in March of 2011. He was amazing! He really made our trip memorable. We still can't sit at the dinner table with our elbows on the table because we are afraid cousin Cooper will see! :)

Prince Charming at 1900 Park Fare asked us how far we had come and we replied Delaware. He said for traveling such a long way, we must have been using one of those new fangled magic carpets he had been hearing about!

Anastasia came by, admiring my eye shadow. It was green. She said green was her favorite color because it was the color of money.

She then turned to the next table to sign an autograph and the table did not have a pen. I whipped mine out and gave it to her and she thanked me for being so well prepared. When she was done, I put mine hand out for it, she gave me a big huff and stuffed it back in my hand and stomped away!

We had a blast.

A tram operator was taking us back to the parking lots at Magic Kingdom and announcing them as we pulled up to a couple of the Seven Dwarves lots.

"And now we are coming up to Sleepy and Dopey. All the sleepy people on the left; all the dopey people on the right." :rotfl:

Anastasia came by, admiring my eye shadow. It was green. She said green was her favorite color because it was the color of money.

You gotta love those stepsisters. They're always a lot of fun to watch and listen to. :p

On a Disney Cruise my daughter forgot her key in the room and went to Guest Services to get a new one. The castmember said no problem getting a new key, "but do you think your parents are OK with the $50 new room key charge?" My daughter said her jaw hit the ground and she was speechless. The CM told her he was just joking. Hahahahahah, that would have been hilarious to see.

Getting on Tower of Terror I ask the bellhop if they had fixed the elevator yet, he said, "It still has its ups and downs". :rotfl:

Was at the golf tournament recently at WDW and one of the amateurs hit his tee shot out of bounds. He turned to the official and asked, "Can I quit". The official said, "No sir". The golfer dejectedly said, "OK" and hung his head. He then proceeded to hit the next ball out of bounds also.

Getting on the bus with a bunch of other people to head over to the golf tournament the security guard was listing off things that couldn't be brought in, and lastly he looked at my two daughters and said, "also, all Hershey's Chocolate milk must be given to me".

Jungle cruise, "This cruise was sponsored by Animal Crackers, helping to teach kids that all animals taste the same........ delicious".

DH was getting on Kali River Rapids. As he's getting ready to board the raft, there was a couple getting on the same raft who were the only ones not wearing ponchos. The woman looked at everyone nervously, and asks DH how wet she's going to get. He told her it depends on how the boat goes. The CM told her, "Oh you'll be fine. Just sit in the corner!"

I'm sure many others have heard this line, but the first time it was said to my sister we all burst out laughing.......:rotfl:

She had Winnie the Pooh on her shirt, and the CM said "Did you know you have a little POOH on your shirt?" She looked shocked, then realized he was joking!

This happened at AK to me a few years ago. I was getting my bagged checked before entering the park and the security woman checking my bag said this to me and I knew immediately she meant my shirt.

Not in the parks but the other day when I was chatting online with a Disney rep, she put "Ugh" in the chat and then proceeded with "My apologies, I accidentally hit my key board...."

That is definitely not something I am used to seeing. Surprisingly, she has actually been the most helpful of any of the reps I have ever chatted with online before.

Also, several years ago, my niece and I were headed on ToT and we were the only two in the queue (I guess it wasn't busy that day). When we got inside, the two guys working said that we couldn't go on because the ride was closing. We just looked at him and he said just kidding and let us on the ride.

lugnut33 said:
Getting on the bus with a bunch of other people to head over to the golf tournament the security guard was listing off things that couldn't be brought in, and lastly he looked at my two daughters and said, "also, all Hershey's Chocolate milk must be given to me".
".

A little OT but when I was a teen my family visited family in Colorado and did some touring. We decided to picnic on a pizza somewhere on Pikes Peak. When we got to the park entry check point, the ranger very seriously explained that pizza was not allowed as it attracted bears. For a few seconds, he almost had my parents convinced to hand it over to him ;)

OMG you had cousin Cooper too?!?!?! We had him back in March of 2011. He was amazing! He really made our trip memorable. We still can't sit at the dinner table with our elbows on the table because we are afraid cousin Cooper will see! :)

Yes, we still talk about Cousin Cooper! One of the things he did to me was
stand there & twiddle his thumbs while I finished eating (I've always been a
slow eater). My dh does that to me now, and we have a little chuckle
over our long-lost "cousin" from 50's Prime Time. :goodvibes

Going into AK early, we bought some muffins and fruit for breakfast. The bag checker looked in my bag and said "you're good, just make sure to keep that banana away from the monkeys."

I was half asleep, I said oh ok and walked away. Got a few steps and started cracking up, half at the joke and half at my not getting it. He must have noticed cause he yelled after me "try to be quicker around the monkeys too."

At MHSSHP my DS was dressed as Mario. A CM asked where Luigi was and he said "at the hotel fighting Bowser. The CM got so excited saying he needs to work there because he thought so fast and stayed in character.

When I asked for the driest seat on Splash Mountain, the CM looked at me very seriously, put his hand on my shoulder and said "Sweetie, you know this is called Splash Mountain for a reason right?"

Having worked in a high-spiel attraction, some of the funniest stuff said by cast members is completely inadvertant. While on Safari, I remember accidentally saying that the Bongo (antelope) have a wing-span of up to 8 or 9 feet long, or that the white-faced whistling ducks can stand up to 6 feet tall at the shoulder. I also had a co-worker who proclaimed that the Harambe Wildlife Reserve is patrolled by airborne elephants. Or that storks like to eat small sheep.

Momto2PrncChrmgs said:
Bump- anyone have any new ones to add?! :)

When I went this past May, we accidentally ended up in that character "explosion" in HS. We had no clue that it was going to happen. Anyhoo, while we were gawping in giddy amazement, I mentioned to my sister how fit Mrs. Incredible looked in her costume. Of course, I meant it as a kudos to Mrs. Incredible's "friend", but a nearby cast member heard me and said "And thats after having 3 kids!!!" I bust out laughing and had to wipe tears lol.

TowMater92 said:
The best one I heard at WDW was when we were getting off a Friendship Boat at DHS. The Captain did his usual please wait until the boat is docked etc. then he went on to don't forget your children, if you do they will be sent to lost and found and you can find them singing on Its a Small World tomorrow, if your kids have been bad you can pick out new ones.:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

The funniest thing I've ever seen in a park was at Seaworld. We were over looking at the clydesdales and me and my dad were standing off to the side by an empty stall waiting for everyone else and he looked and me and said walk to the other side of the barn and watch this.:confused3 So I walked to the other side and my dad said loud enough for everyone to hear him, "aww look at the baby horse." Then he moved over to where I was and everyone in the barn was over at that empty stall looking for the baby horse while we were about falling down laughing.:lmao::rotfl2: My mom and sis were two of the people looking and my mom turned around and glared at us and a woman standing next to her asked if we were with her, she said yes then the woman told my mom she's sorry.:confused3 :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

You father is a riot! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Having worked in a high-spiel attraction, some of the funniest stuff said by cast members is completely inadvertant. While on Safari, I remember accidentally saying that the Bongo (antelope) have a wing-span of up to 8 or 9 feet long, or that the white-faced whistling ducks can stand up to 6 feet tall at the shoulder. I also had a co-worker who proclaimed that the Harambe Wildlife Reserve is patrolled by airborne elephants. Or that storks like to eat small sheep.

KSR love!! "The impala can jump 30 feet, breathe fire, and save children from burning buildings!" Guests would never flinch when I said this. Or I'd point out a hippo, and the guests would all scream "LOOK AT THE RHINO!!" I swear nobody listens to the game drivers :upsidedow We also made up creative stories about Harambe's history and why the lions weren't going to eat us. RIP Warden Wilson :littleangel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter