What's the first thing you do after boarding?

Tear up when the CM's announce our family name and all clap for us. I love this. My dd actually recorded it on her iPod last summer when we boarded the Magic.

Head straight up to the pool deck for lunch and a swim/Aquaduck.

Love the posting to Facebook suggestion. Definitely have to do that one this year.

Tear up when the CM's announce our family name and all clap for us. I love this. My dd actually recorded it on her iPod last summer when we boarded the Magic.

Head straight up to the pool deck for lunch and a swim/Aquaduck.

Love the posting to Facebook suggestion. Definitely have to do that one this year.

Me too, first thing is wipe the tears from my eyes and check around to make sure that no one is looking and s******ing.

Then we head to lunch for those wonderful peel n eat shrimp.

We go right to the spa and get the rainforest passes before they are all gone.

Then a drink.

Check out the cabin. Eat. Unpack and put the cell phone in the safe for a week of peace and quiet.

1. Go to guest services to sign up for mixology class and tequila/margarita tasting.

2. Go to the spa to buy rainforest passes and lock our carryon bags in a locker in the changing room.

2. Go to Cabanas for shrimp, roast beef and other yummy food.

3. We wear our swim suits under our clothes, so we head to the Aquaduck next.

4. On our last cruise, it was just my husband and I so we went to the adult pool area (which was totally empty) to soak up some sun and fill our beer mug (which we brought back from the last cruise).

5. Sit in the sun and swim in the adult pool until about 2:30 or 3 then head to our room to get ready for the fire drill.

We always board early and enjoy a full day before the fire drill.

Lamb chops, peel & eat shrimp, grilled asparagus, MICKEY BAR!!! In that order. It's not a cruise til I've had my first Mickey Bar, since that's the only time I get them. I need to keep something cruise exclusive, afterall.

Note to self: 1)Remember to book Mixology seminars before heading to the buffet. 2) Remember to buy cocktail sauce without tabasco.

I do Love those Mickey Bars!!! Where do you find them other than the dining room?? Thanks:cool1:

1) guest services to book anything like drink classes etc
2) go to spa for tour(if on a ship ive never been before)
3) eat lunch
4) visit kids club and introduce my kids and get bands
5) have a drink and enjoy!!!

We go for buffet, then we find stateroom/unpack, then we head for Spa..(we book an on-line appt) for 1-1/2 hr massage-Jacuzzi, relaxation while listen to the ship sailing and the sounds and the wine totally relax, refresh, renew us from all the travel/pre trip preparations. From then on it really enjoy it all!

Rainforest pass, make pedicure appt, lunch, adult area pool. DCL is the best non WDW vacation we've ever had.

dcassetta said:
Just curious what others do - swim, have lunch, find out when the first bingo game starts?:)

Great thread.

We've been 4x, on the classic ships only. So, haven't established a "routine" yet. But here's some of the stuff we've done:

Promenade Lounge for Drink of the Day - nice place to chill out with not a lot of people around. People-watch. Enjoy the fact that we made it to our vaction.
Lunch
Drop off carry-ons, relax in stateroom - lie down for a few minutes, read through Navigator, check life vests, unpack if luggage shows up early
Adjust Palo/Dining requests
Life boat drill
Walk around the ship a bit. Checking for luggage a couple times, if needed. Check out the treats at Cove Cafe.
Procure sail-away beverage.
Find a spot on deck 10.
Have fun at the sail-away party.

Go to lunch in cabanas. Kids already had on bathing suits. Rooms were ready at 130'.. Service elevator near our rooms. I delivered our own bags for three rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter