• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the deal with the DL Official Calendar??

skoocher

MouseFamily
What's the deal with the DL official calendar? Looks like they only have schedules posted up till mid January. Is that normal? I thought they always had three or four months advance posted. Anyone have any indiser info?

Thanks!

They pulled it about 3, or so weeks ago, and it's still down. Many of us are waiting for it. No word as to why they pulled it unless they are making big changes for the new promo.

Oh man, I just hope they keep the holiday stuff until the 4th. I just want to do HMH and IASMH and the tour....lol :)

Oh man, I just hope they keep the holiday stuff until the 4th. I just want to do HMH and IASMH and the tour....lol :)

I dont think that'll change as they always let the holiday things run over a few days into january. Which was weird because new years day in WDW they were taking everything down and by the 3rd there wasn't christmas anywhere to be seen :laughing:

Well, I guess I'm just worried that they will take it down early and I won't see everything....but then that just gives me a reason to go again in Dec. 09. Besides going for DD's 10th b-day...OMG, I can't believe she's going to be 9, thinking of her at 10 is just not right...LOL

Well, I guess I'm just worried that they will take it down early and I won't see everything....but then that just gives me a reason to go again in Dec. 09. Besides going for DD's 10th b-day...OMG, I can't believe she's going to be 9, thinking of her at 10 is just not right...LOL

And I was freaking out about my son turning two :lmao: 10? wow!

And I emailed Disney about it and the person who answered "couldn't duplicate my issue" Well..the beginning of my trip had been re-added but the rest not, so I guess he just looked at one day and poof..all is ok. It does look like there is NOTHING on weekdays..not even Pixar parade..

Ya, no kidding...and to top that one my oldest is almost 21 AND she's having a baby in March....and to top that, I'm only 37! LOL

A baby! How exciting though! I would much rather be a young grandmother than an older one...more time to enjoy it! Is she having a boy or a girl?? I love babies!!! :goodvibes

Seems very silly, considering many people use the DL calendar to plan their trips.

I know. It's frustrating. I'm really hoping they'll have the fireworks show on the Sunday we're there. Even though I've seen it a million times (and have it on video) I still want to see it again.

I just hope they're not going to get cheap on us and pull F! the first weekend in January/last weekend of Holidays overlay. :scared1: It's still not showing up on the DL calendar. They normally show it, but who knows...maybe they haven't decided what they're going to put on because of the economy and anticipated slow down in number of guests.

Last jan. 08, 25-31, No Fantazmic it was "DARK". thu till spring break

Well..the calendar is up for our whole trip now..odd..Pixar parade is on some weekdays and not others...still no DL parade or fantasmic..

A baby! How exciting though! I would much rather be a young grandmother than an older one...more time to enjoy it! Is she having a boy or a girl?? I love babies!!! :goodvibes

A girl, we are all excited. :)
She is naming her Jocelyn Lenai.

I'm sad that there will be no F! I love F! I guess we could try to catch it on Saturday or Sunday night.....

From Disney:

These are the rides (didnt give me any info about shows) due to be closed in the January/february range.

12/08/2008

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

Please be advised that refurbishment information is subject to change
without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting the Park.

ATTRACTIONS

01/05/2009 - 02/14/2009 Haunted Mansion

01/05/2009 - 02/14/2009 it's a small world

01/05/2009 - 03/16/2009 Main Street Track Replacement

02/15/2009 - 03/19/2009 Pirates of the Caribbean

For the most up-to-date information, please call 714-781-7290.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit
will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
DISNEYLAND® Resort
Guest Communications

Can we assume that with the Main Street track replacement that there won't be any parades during that time? How disappointing if that is so.

Can we assume that with the Main Street track replacement that there won't be any parades during that time? How disappointing if that is so.

From what I understand, there won't be any parades. That's probably why they pulled the January calendar.

Alas, the Main Street repairs are just something that needs to be done every decade or so. From what I've heard, they've been putting it off again and again because of the high attendance Disneyland Park has experienced since the 50th. It's just gotten to the point where they need to do it now.

On the upside, the end of the repavement project will also probably coinside with the launch of the new Celebration parade.

Yes, but not having the park hours up once that is complete is driving me crazy. Don't they know we are planner?:) Any ideas when end of March hours will be posted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter