What's The Biggest Secret You've Ever Kept?.

I kept a secret for 4 months once. One of my roommates had decided to ask his girlfriend to marry him, and he asked me to go look at rings with him. The girlfriend and I were good friends and he just wanted my opinion on several rings among which he was deciding. It killed me to keep my mouth shut, but I did- and the ring wasn't even one he'd shown me!

People tell me all the time that I’m very easy to talk too and therefore I’m told many many things - I’m like a vault.

I have things in the vault that my friends have confided in me about that are big secrets, but nothing totally earth shattering.

My past customers, in the 25 years of retail, have told me some crazy crazy stuff. When I had my store for 5 years, my customers would talk with me for long periods of time (when people know you’re the owner they know you won’t get in trouble for chit chatting). Some of these people would share things with me that were unbelievable (some would bring me coffee and just visit, which was nice, but annoying, because it set me behind and then I’d have to work longer into the day). Then some of these people had a spouse that would come in at a separate time and would be talking with me and I had to try and remember what I can and can’t say, which is very challenging when you have multiple situations like this.

I still work with the public today (I manage a doctors office) and I still have people talk with me about many things, but I don’t get the crazy confessions like I used to get.

To answer your question....some of the biggest secrets in the vault are not things that are DIS appropriate, so I’ll just keep them in the vault with all the other secrets - LOL!

One of my friends wrote a book and it was published at the start of January 2021. She told me in May 2020 she was writing it and then in August 2020 she sent me a draft PDF on email. I was so excited to read the draft but I managed not to tell anyone even though I knew that so many people would be interested. It was such fun on the day it went live on Amazon to finally be able to talk in public about it.

My sister always told me when she got a positive pregnancy test, and I wasn’t allowed to tell anyone. She announced her pregnancies in the second trimester.

I have two but not coming out of my mouth unless I’m on my death bed and I’d only tell me daughter - not life altering things - pertain to me - nothing law breaking either - but the point of secrets is the meaning of the word and I can keep one

I have one and it would be a shocker if it became known. It was between a close family member and me about another close family member. It wasn't a bad secret, but it was a secret that this other person kept all their life and was theirs to tell. I was told the truth after they passed away. I will take it to my grave.

One time an extra friend joined us on a girl's trip and I was the only one who knew. The rest of the ladies were so excited when she appeared to surprise them.

Ummm... the point of a secret is to keep ones mouth shut...

I will say that I broke the promise of a secret that was told to me, I told my parents what my friend from church said her step-dad was doing to her and her sisters... I really did not understand all of what she told me as I was only around 9 or 10 and it was in the late 60's and this type of thing was not talked about... I knew from the expression on my dads face it was really bad... I only saw her once or twice at church after that, she told me that she and her sister were going to live with her Aunt and Uncle back home on the farm... and she was really happy about it... I never told her that I told my parents... I think she knew though, as the last time I saw her at church, she hugged me really hard, and whispered Thank you...

Other than that... I have alot of secrets that I have kept for others over the years... and nope I'm not sharing them...

Ummm... the point of a secret is to keep ones mouth shut...

I will say that I broke the promise of a secret that was told to me, I told my parents what my friend from church said her step-dad was doing to her and her sisters... I really did not understand all of what she told me as I was only around 9 or 10 and it was in the late 60's and this type of thing was not talked about... I knew from the expression on my dads face it was really bad... I only saw her once or twice at church after that, she told me that she and her sister were going to live with her Aunt and Uncle back home on the farm... and she was really happy about it... I never told her that I told my parents... I think she knew though, as the last time I saw her at church, she hugged me really hard, and whispered Thank you...

Other than that... I have alot of secrets that I have kept for others over the years... and nope I'm not sharing them...
Did the right thing, and you should be really proud of your parents. Your family saved those girls' lives.

Who the parents are for an adopted kid. The kid isn't mine, and I think they should be told, but it's not my place to tell them so I respect the adoptive parents wishes. The kid is now 26 years old, and all the adults knew, so it wasn't "secret" in that respect.

Who the parents are for an adopted kid. The kid isn't mine, and I think they should be told, but it's not my place to tell them so I respect the adoptive parents wishes. The kid is now 26 years old, and all the adults knew, so it wasn't "secret" in that respect.
:flower3: You're doing the right thing. There's also a difference between keeping a secret and just minding one's own business.

I once pretended to be a teacher, and confiscated a student's Pokémon cards. Said it was because they were "bad news", or whatever. But really? I just did it for kicks. Where are they now? Sold every one.

In general I am a terrible secret keeper. When my sister told me she was pregnant, I did keep that secret until she was ready to make it public about a month later.

Something that Ancestry.com and 23andme could blow apart.
If it hasn't already, I truly hope the persons involved have come forward. I've known for over 25+yrs. It was an old coworker and I haven't run into her in a decade. If I did, I would never, ever bring it up. ( it was she who told me her secret)

I've been keeping a secret of my husband's cousin's that she had a baby out of wedlock when she was 16 and her grown up kids still are not aware, been keeping this for 30 years, kids are 20s to 30. The family never speaks of it, any of them, and she has no desire whatsoever to know the kid and I think she doesn't want her grown kids to either, which to me is sad but it's not my place to say anything and I will not. Tho sometimes I feel torn up about it as I do not think it is right for her kids personally at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter