What's the biggest design "mistake" at WDW?

I love DHS, but I have to agree that the park is not easy to naviagate around. The layout could have been better.

I also don't like the midway games section in AK...I just don't think it fits.

And, I agree with Mike about the original version of Imagination....I know it's not popular, but I love it.

Personally, I quite like the Swan/Dolphin hotels. I think they are beautiful, and I go over there just to walk around & take pictures.

Replace the asphalt street at MK with pavers!

Magic_Kingdom_Main_Street_USA_001.sized.jpg

290725_1976007475985_1117025522_31757721_297923742_o.jpg
How many American towns do you know of that have their Main Streets done with pavers vs. asphalt?

I really don't mind the leave a legacy granite blocks at Epcot. I don't think they are an eyesore at all. I think they are tasteful, and I really appreciate their purpose. I thought that was a really cool program.

I actually find them somewhat impressive looking, and I appreciate their straight lines in contrast with the sphere of Spaceship Earth. I also appreciate the visual experience that they provide, somewhat hiding Spaceship Earth until you get past them, and it just seems to make Spaceship Earth even more impressive.

One design element that irritates me at Epcot is all of the mature trees that block the view of Illuminations. I understand their purpose, and during the day I find them beautiful, but they ruin the view for illuminations in so many areas.
I agree with all of this!

Sayhello

How many American towns do you know of that have their Main Streets done with pavers vs. asphalt?

Sayhello

I can think of a few smaller towns that have "Main Street" done with pavers or cobblestones. Admittedly, most of the time that Main Street is no longer the main thoroughfare for traffic and is more of pedestrian friendly kinda shopping/entertainment district.

Actually there were more than you'd think back during the time frame that Mainstreet USA is set in. We had one in a larger city near here until very recently.

Many of mind have been covered. My first thought upon seeing the Leave a legacy in Epcot was ok, here are the tombstones, which way to the columbarium?

Here's some more of mine. Bottlenecks and the like.
1. The land has already been mentioned. Traffic flow is horrid in there.
2. Splash/Big thunder. A bottleneck area. Two of the three main attractions together probably wasn't the best of ideas either.
3. Peter Pan/Small world. Just too narrow a passage there. Come to think of it, that entire side of FL including the stroller log jamb that develops is bad. When it's easier to navigate the real parking lot than it is the stroller parking lot, well that says it all doesn't it?
4. World Showcase during food and wine. An area that isn't difficult to get around becomes such.
5. Camp Minnie/Mickey. One way in and out usually doesn't work.

Plopping the hat down in front of the theater.

I get why they put the tombstones in, but I still don't like them.

Replace the asphalt street at MK with pavers!

Magic_Kingdom_Main_Street_USA_001.sized.jpg

290725_1976007475985_1117025522_31757721_297923742_o.jpg

:rotfl: Do you work for a paving company or a remodeling company?
Just joking because it really reminds me of the before and after "professional" photos.

Before photo= small, fuzzy day shot.
After photo, large, clear, night shot with lights on the buildings and a nice angle to the paving stones.

While the paving stones look great in the photos they are a nightmare for wheel chairs, ECV's and strollers.
They can be a tripping issue for small children and the less sure footed.
They are less comfortable to walk on for everyone.
Those pavers should be listed as one of the top mistakes that Universal Studios made!

I do agree with;
The tombstones should be placed somewhere more out of the way.
Dinoland=ugly and HOT.
The Soaring fastpasses should be placed outside of the land building to greatly cut down on the traffic problems.

I would like to nominate that the open area in front of Splash Mountain be revamped and the waiting area moved away from the ride entrance.

Hands down the biggest is the layout of DHS. No matter how many times I've been I still get turned around and "lost." It's the only park I still use a map at. I can't tell you how many times I've said "How did I wind up here?" at DHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter